Massachusetts, New England
✟9,880.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A while back, I posted this on a forum I follow...but I don't think it was this one (if so, I apologize for the repetition).

I love spending time outdoors - I like to hike, kayak, bird-watch... I love the beauty of nature and find it very humbling.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good books or articles that approach the beauty of nature from a Christian stand-point....I guess I'm wondering how to incorporate my enjoyment nature more into my Christian faith. Any suggestions?

G

GratiaCorpusChristi

A while back, I posted this on a forum I follow...but I don't think it was this one (if so, I apologize for the repetition).

I love spending time outdoors - I like to hike, kayak, bird-watch... I love the beauty of nature and find it very humbling.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good books or articles that approach the beauty of nature from a Christian stand-point....I guess I'm wondering how to incorporate my enjoyment nature more into my Christian faith. Any suggestions?

Subscribing. Great question. I was going to try and recommend some things, but most of them have to do more with art and architecture than with natural beauty.

I imagine Hans Urs von Balthasar has some things to say about it, but for the life of me I wouldn't know where.

Upvote 0
T

Thekla

Here are some:

Living in God's Creation: Orthodox Perspectives on Ecology
"Few realize how ecological the vision of Orthodox Christianity really is. Yet it portrays creation as God's epiphany and the human person as a connecting link between creation and Creator. Christian love is manifest through the right use of material things. To communicate this vision, Elizabeth Theokritoff draws on ancient sources, the Fathers, the liturgy, and saints' lives, on modern commentators, and on practical examples from our lived experience. The thematic arrangement makes it a convenient resource for teachers. It is compelling reading, and demonstrates that environmental concerns have deep roots in Christian tradition."

Animals & Man: A State of Blessedness: Joanne Stefanatos D.V.M: 9780937032909: Amazon.com: Books
(overpriced, but there are more overpriced; try L&L just in case)
"This book is a treasury of spirituality for all ages. A book that reveals the mysteries of God concerning man, animals and salvation. It features 52 historical accounts of the lives of holy men and women who were graced to live with wild animals in a state of blessedness on earth."

Touchstone Archives: Orthodox Ecology

Environment — Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
(this includes links to several online articles)

and I couldn't find one more that I was looking for ... will continue to search :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MilesVitae

Nov 12, 2012
Massachusetts, New England
✟9,880.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Subscribing. Great question. I was going to try and recommend some things, but most of them have to do more with art and architecture than with natural beauty.

Well, I'd take recommendations for that too! I love painting and architecture as well!

I imagine Hans Urs von Balthasar has some things to say about it,

Ah, of course - I had forgotten about him. I was exposed to him a little bit during a class I occasionally sat in during college, but I never read much by him.

but for the life of me I wouldn't know where.

Probably somewhere in the seven volumes of The Glory of the Lord.....haha I think I'll put that one off for a while.....

Upvote 0