Christ's
Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
✟7,766.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here's an excellent Christian review/critique of Joyce Meyer and the books she's written (in the context of discernment). I strongly recommend all Christians in this thread read this:

http://www.christiandiscernment.com...ernment/CD PDF/Book pdf/33_Meyer_Critique.pdf

I do think that the area of thoughts, the mind and truth is a vital one. We are in a battle and our weapon is the Truth (God's Word). Let us fill and renew our minds with God's Word! Let us take up the Sword of the Spirit and walk in victory!

Recommended resource:

Spiritual Warfare: The Battle For God's Glory by Jerry Rankin

Upvote 0

Kencj

Oct 25, 2003
Visit site
✟296.00
Faith
Non-Denom
That's really an excellent discussion of the dangers and errors of Meyer's teachings. I hope people will read it and take it seriously. People need to realize that Meyer simply takes popular psychology, self-help bromides, and long-established practices, sprinkles some Bible verses on them, and calls it a "ministry".

I've critiqued another of her books, this one Managing Your Emotions, at joycevsjesus.wordpress.com

What I point out, and what's so astounding about Meyer, is that while she claims to be a preacher of the gospel she completely lacks the most basic understanding of the principles of faith and grace. Or perhaps she intentionally rejects them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lovelyashley

Oct 3, 2009
Allentown, PA
Visit site
✟15,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
She also says, "If you have a negative mind, you will have a negative life."

That is so true. Before I came to God, I had a very negative mind, and my life WAS miserable. After I came to God and started trying to think more positively, I started feeling better about things, being happier.

Upvote 0