Blood Moon April 15, 2014: Lunar eclipse has Christians divided on End Times

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As opposed to all the other times worldwide something was prompting Christians that the end times are upon them.

As for "We are seeing increasingly turbulent times, wars, and immorality" increasing, huh? So that whole World War 2 thing just sort of slipped by you, huh?

What the false prophets never took into account was that Israel had to be a nation once again.

That didn't happen until 1948.

That's why all of their claims were intrinsically wrong.

The end wont be known by some whack job nut claiming Christ is going to return on specific date. That should have been a clue that person was a false prophet.

That's what is unique about todays times, no one is setting dates, we can just tell something isn't right and it feels like there is a BIG shift coming in the near future..

Im not the only one saying it.. Something is coming..

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What the false prophets never took into account was that Israel had to be a nation once again.

That didn't happen until 1948.

That's why all of their claims were intrinsically wrong.

The end wont be known by some whack job nut claiming Christ is going to return on specific date. That should have been a clue that person was a false prophet.

That's what is unique about todays times, no one is setting dates, we can just tell something isn't right and it feels like there is a BIG shift coming in the near future..

Im not the only one saying it.. Something is coming..
*eyeroll* yeah, have you actually read the bit in the Bible about Israel being restored?

Also, this thread looks awfully like "setting dates" to me. Phases of the moon and all.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
have you actually read the bit in the Bible about Israel being restored?

Have you?

Amo 9:14 And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them.

Amo 9:15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Eze 38:8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Have you?

Amo 9:14 And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them.

Amo 9:15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Eze 38:8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Uh-huh. Maybe try them in context. Just an idea. But whatever.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What context would you read these verses in?
The OT ones re: the Babylonian exile, the NT ones, the situation under Roman Rule. I used to believe the whole "Bible prophecies modern Israel" thing, but with a bare modicum of research, it's pretty clear the relevant authors were talking about issues much more relevant to them, not foretelling events 2500 years in the future.

But you believe what you want. I'm just telling you what they actually say. If you want them to refer to something else that supports your own personal preferred interpretation, there are millions of others doing that already, so hey, knock yourself out.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The OT ones re: the Babylonian exile, the NT ones, the situation under Roman Rule. I used to believe the whole "Bible prophecies modern Israel" thing, but with a bare modicum of research, it's pretty clear the relevant authors were talking about issues much more relevant to them, not foretelling events 2500 years in the future.

The second coming of Christ is even older, and its yet to be fulfilled.

Modern Israel is only 66 years old.

Israel reformed in 1948 for the first time in nearly 2000 years..

Im not saying that every prophecy given doesn't have some relevance to the time they were written, but prophecy by nature is intrinsically futuristic when its given. Fulfillment is objective, its easy to understand if its come to pass..

What does Revelation tell us?

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The second coming of Christ is even older, and its yet to be fulfilled.

Modern Israel is only 66 years old.

Israel reformed in 1948 for the first time in nearly 2000 years..

Im not saying that every prophecy given doesn't have some relevance to the time they were written, but prophecy by nature is intrinsically futuristic when its given. Fulfillment is objective, its easy to understand if its come to pass..

What does Revelation tell us?

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
Hey, if you want to believe that people writing around the time of the Babylonian exile were actually talking about the founding of modern Israel, rather than the repatriation of ancient Israel, you go right ahead if that makes sense to you.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, if you want to believe that people writing around the time of the Babylonian exile were actually talking about the founding of modern Israel, rather than the repatriation of ancient Israel, you go right ahead if that makes sense to you.

Sorry, God isn't a liar..

This verse is obviously not referring to the past inhabitants of Israel, as they were uprooted from their land in 70ad.

It can only be the modern Israel.

Ezekiel 38 hasn't been fulfilled yet, that war is a future prophecy.

If you research what has been fulfilled in the Bible, you will see what has or has not unfolded, and what prophecy is future.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

This verse is obviously not referring to the past inhabitants of Israel, as they were uprooted from their land in 70ad.

If you research what has been fulfilled in the Bible, you will see what has or has not unfolded, and what prophecy is future.
I'm not saying God is a liar, just that people misinterpret him. The Israelites were "uprooted" from their land during the Babylonian exile too. Look it up, I'm not making this up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not saying God is a liar, just that people misinterpret him. The Israelites were "uprooted" from their land during the Babylonian exile too. Look it up, I'm not making this up.

This prophecy states that will no longer happen.

So we know its not a past prophecy.

Upvote 0

Water Cross

Glory may be fleeting, but obscurity is forever
Mar 19, 2014
✟8,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We're told we shall see signs, and watching for those is not something that is contrary to scripture.

No one here that I've read is saying Jesus will come after the 4 lunar eclipses that NASA has identified on their 2014 calendar appear.

But that blood moons are in scripture is something to pay attention to and remind us of what scripture says about them.

Scripture tells us no man knows the coming of the son of man. Not even the angels of heaven.

Rather than be defensive against the ridicule that confronts those in this forum who speak with respect about scripture and the signs, perhaps we who are assaulted thus might realize that those behaviors are prophesied in scripture too.

And I think it wise to ask ourselves is it consistent that those who profess the teachings of Christ inform their consciousness today, demonstrate the adversarial spirit when confronting Christians who are of a different opinion than they about the end times prophecy in scripture.

Is it consistent to claim to speak the truth in the name of Christ, while demonstrating the spirit of the adversary in opposing those who are of a different opinion about the signs and wonders preceding the second coming of Christ?

I don't think hateful mocking speech demonstrates a superior informed example that that attitude is superior in righteousness as it mocks those who simply choose to embrace certain aspects of scripture that that attitude chooses to condemn from a standpoint of superior knowledge and righteousness.
No not exactly..

You see, worldwide there is something prompting Christians that the end times are upon us..

We are seeing increasingly turbulent times, wars, and immorality..

This world is a majority of people who dont have Christ.

No, Id say Christians are waking up to the deception..

We aren't setting dates, we are saying to pay attention to your reality, things appear to be getting very interesting and it would behoove you to have a look..

Christ tells us to watch, and watch is exactly what Im doing.. Im seeing all the players fall in place and its obviously not a coincidence.

Upvote 0

Aijalon

Sayin' it like it is
Jun 4, 2012
✟17,356.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

actually you have no way of knowing modern Israel is the one that will never be uprooted. God hasn't validated them, nor have they repented or acknowledged God or the government of his Christ. It really is more like you and other are adding your own prophecy, because a lot of the things about the permanent resettlers have not come to pass
1. They are not in unwalled/undefended cities
2. They have no tribal identity
3. There is no highway
4. Assyria and Egypt are not allies of Israel (

Correct, and you also have to look at the whole set of things Ezekiel prophesied as a package deal, you can't cut and paste just anything.

Chapters 36-38 are all about the resoration of Israel and what it looks like. You cannot take away from that a scenario where God restores an apostate nation. It is all about restoration of their entire nation as a nation that fulfills God's purposes.

Claiming to be Israel but rejecting God.... is not a sign that Israel fulfilled the restoration Ezekiel spoke of.

[/quote]If you research what has been fulfilled in the Bible, you will see what has or has not unfolded, and what prophecy is future.[/quote]
Exactly. Israel has not been restored as a nation because they don't recognize God. It all has to roll together. Even if you say that modern Israel is a fulfillment of prophecy on grounds that God is preparing to restore them, fine, it still doesn't amount to the fulfillment of Ezkiel.

Of course God is orchestrating world events, he says HE draws Gog out, and has planned out the Armageddon Battle in detail..... still doesn't make modern Israel legit.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
actually you have no way of knowing modern Israel is the one that will never be uprooted. God hasn't validated them

The Jews in Israel worship God.

How many "gods" do you think there are in Judaism/Christianity?

One. YHVH, "I AM"..

Modern Israel wouldn't exist without the Jews, sorry.. By Gods grace the Jews have returned.

You do believe in Gods grace dont you?

You are right about one thing, we aren't quite at the Ezekiel prophecy yet..

We need a declaration of "peace and safety"..

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Even on Amos 9, Shock, you can't neglect how the NT interps. Its in Acts 15. It says that the fallen tent of David to be restored is the mission to the nations in the Gospel. That's the apostles saying so, and that's how they were trained by Christ between the Res and Pentecost (Lk 24, Acts 1).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even on Amos 9, Shock, you can't neglect how the NT interps. Its in Acts 15. It says that the fallen tent of David to be restored is the mission to the nations in the Gospel. That's the apostles saying so, and that's how they were trained by Christ between the Res and Pentecost (Lk 24, Acts 1).

That may be how you interpret that. I understand it differently, but thanks for your input

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Rom 11 is not about modern Israel at all. It is not about anything modern. It is underscoring that those who believe the Gospel as just explained with the Redeemer in Zion quote from Isaiah are confirmations of the call and the gifts. That's why the paragraph ends emphatically in Paul's present "now" (3x).

Rom 11:26 is a soundbyte that futurism quotes over and over hoping to create a new context other than what is there.

In the 1870s, many ethnic groups in northern Europe, where there was more financial stability, wanted to move home. Jews were one of those, encouraged by an apparent weakening in Islam. In the Jews case, they believed their destiny was to be back in their land, which is understandable if reading the OT without the NT. You would never get that from the NT. Last I checked, the Christian message was a NT message.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rom 11 is not about modern Israel at all. It is not about anything modern. It is underscoring that those who believe the Gospel as just explained with the Redeemer in Zion quote from Isaiah are confirmations of the call and the gifts. That's why the paragraph ends emphatically in Paul's present "now" (3x).

Rom 11:26 is a soundbyte that futurism quotes over and over hoping to create a new context other than what is there.

In the 1870s, many ethnic groups in northern Europe, where there was more financial stability, wanted to move home. Jews were one of those, encouraged by an apparent weakening in Islam. In the Jews case, they believed their destiny was to be back in their land, which is understandable if reading the OT without the NT. You would never get that from the NT. Last I checked, the Christian message was a NT message.

Sorry, let God worry about Israel. He has a different plan for bringing them to salvation in Christ.

Be thankful you have the Gospel..

Upvote 0

Optimus Fortis

N°6
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2011
UK
✟35,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I sense that this:

9781617952142_p0_v2_s260x420.JPG

Will one day appear in car boot/ trunk sales with other Christian-Zionist classics like:

image024.jpg

Upvote 0