Blood Moon April 15, 2014: Lunar eclipse has Christians divided on End Times

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let us find peace and not let the enemy distract us from the course, shall we?

Have you watched any of the teachings that are posted to YouTube about this subject? Or read any books?

There is a sermon series by a Texas pastor, John Hagee entitled, "The Four Blood Moons". He has also published a book of the same title.

My mother gave me his book, but I haven't read it.. Funny Im looking at it on the shelf now lol..

I got the premise pretty quick because of the obviousness of it all..

Far to much to be a coincidence..

Upvote 0

Water Cross

Glory may be fleeting, but obscurity is forever
Mar 19, 2014
✟8,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My mother gave me his book, but I haven't read it.. Funny Im looking at it on the shelf now lol..

I got the premise pretty quick because of the obviousness of it all..

Far to much to be a coincidence..

I find end times prophecies, eschatology, fascinating.
Especially the unfolding of contemporary events and reflecting on scriptures and what they say of the signs and comparing the similarities.

God knows all. It's up to us to figure out the code in his words that lets us know what to look out for.

This is the full Hagee sermon. I put myself on the borrowers list for his book at the library here. I'm on a long list. Clearly there is a great interest in this subject.
Blood Moons by John Hagee (Full Sermon) - YouTube

Upvote 0

Aijalon

Sayin' it like it is
Jun 4, 2012
✟17,356.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Its the information age, the entire world will watch it streamed live via internet real time.

No matter what part of the world you live in, you can see it..

Ill be able to watch from my back yard, luckily..

Ill post pics when I do..
Since Israel is now dispersed among the nations, I suppose you can make a good case that it no longer matters whether the eclipse is seen in Israel, in so much as the events may concern the people of Israel. But in terms of events in the Land of Israel or Jerusalem.... it still seems reasonable to watch for eclipses that can be seen there.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since Israel is now dispersed among the nations, I suppose you can make a good case that it no longer matters whether the eclipse is seen in Israel, in so much as the events may concern the people of Israel. But in terms of events in the Land of Israel or Jerusalem.... it still seems reasonable to watch for eclipses that can be seen there.

Ive often thought that as well..

Upvote 0

Aijalon

Sayin' it like it is
Jun 4, 2012
✟17,356.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
John Hagee's theology concerning Israel is very very bad though, and this should be taken into account when reading any of his books. Why should we listen to anything a false teacher has to say?

Not the time to read through all of these but take your pick...

“Four Blood Moons” and a false prophet | Open Our Eyes, Lord!

John Hagee - False Prophet - Rense

John Hagee | Apologetics (another way to salvation?)

Now I don't know if he's a prophet from Hell, and I also agree, that, in a sense, the timing of the Lord's first coming was not to fill the office of King of Israel, but his first mission was to be a servant, teacher, prophet, healer, and ultimately - THE LAMB. Never the less, the Hagee's book and theology seem to be based on excusing the religion of Judaism's ONGOING REJECTION OF THE ATONING BLOOD OF THE LAMB OF GOD..... A very dangerous theology indeed. This theology assumes that in some capacity the ethnicity of Jews makes them somehow immune to the need for repentance and remission of sins through faith in Christ's blood, as though they are exempt from the very purpose of the New Covenant written in Christ's blood, which came only through the old Covenant. We know of course that the New Covenant did not abolish the old, but that the old was inferior and the new supercedes it. Hagee must not understand the Gospel of Christ given by Paul.... maybe he should read Romans again. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAWwqKVzbZE

Upvote 0

Water Cross

Glory may be fleeting, but obscurity is forever
Mar 19, 2014
✟8,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John Hagee is not a prophet. He's a pastor.

I'd wonder what caused Gary Shrogren to now be a former pastor.

NASA 2014 lunar eclipse calendar

Besides Dr.Hagee, there are others that speak of the blood moons that are forthcoming. People can certainly make up their own minds as to what pastor or source they wish to believe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The "blood moons" thing is gonna be fun to watch. The excuses afterwards ought to be priceless.

If it's like all the other times, the new posters that are posting this will just vanish.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
People have been claiming the end of the world is imminent since 2800 BC, with startling regularity. The fact that they have all been wrong doesn't seem to teach the next wave of the-end-is-nigh-ers from making fools of themselves.

Oh, they were false prophets. But WE know the truth!
A Brief History of the Apocalypse

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People have been claiming the end of the world is imminent since 2800 BC, with startling regularity. The fact that they have all been wrong doesn't seem to teach the next wave of the-end-is-nigh-ers from making fools of themselves.

Oh, they were false prophets. But WE know the truth!
A Brief History of the Apocalypse

When you look at the ones who are claiming dates and getting everyone panicked, you realize they were false prophets because of what the Bible says..

But they still have churches today, whos foundations are built on the false teachings of those long past false prophets.

The reason Christians today are starting to come together to understand what is about to take place is because we see a very dark world, and all the makings ripe for prophetic fulfillment.

The end had to come sooner or later.. No reason what we are seeing now cant be the fulfillment..

Of course, If you have a doctrinal foundation that guides your scriptural interpretation, you may not see what we are seeing..

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The end had to come sooner or later.. No reason what we are seeing now cant be the fulfillment..
No reason to think it can be, either. Just like everyone of the thousands of doomsayers who's predictions of apocalyptic doom all came to naught. Who all, by the way, were as sure of themselves as you are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No reason to think it can be, either. Just like everyone of the thousands of doomsayers who's predictions of apocalyptic doom all came to naught. Who all, by the way, were as sure of themselves as you are.

No not exactly..

You see, worldwide there is something prompting Christians that the end times are upon us..

We are seeing increasingly turbulent times, wars, and immorality..

This world is a majority of people who dont have Christ.

No, Id say Christians are waking up to the deception..

We aren't setting dates, we are saying to pay attention to your reality, things appear to be getting very interesting and it would behoove you to have a look..

Christ tells us to watch, and watch is exactly what Im doing.. Im seeing all the players fall in place and its obviously not a coincidence.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No not exactly..

You see, worldwide there is something prompting Christians that the end times are upon us..

We are seeing increasingly turbulent times, wars, and immorality..

This world is a majority of people who dont have Christ.

No, Id say Christians are waking up to the deception..

We aren't setting dates, we are saying to pay attention to your reality, things appear to be getting very interesting and it would behoove you to have a look..

Christ tells us to watch, and watch is exactly what Im doing.. Im seeing all the players fall in place and its obviously not a coincidence.
As opposed to all the other times worldwide something was prompting Christians that the end times are upon them.

As for "We are seeing increasingly turbulent times, wars, and immorality" increasing, huh? So that whole World War 2 thing just sort of slipped by you, huh?

Upvote 0