May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This information is flawed...The Word of GOD does NOT say to deny the Holy Spirit is an unpardonable sin.... denial and blasphemy are not synonymous and cannot be made interchangeable...

here are SOME of the scriptures that I used to come to this understanding....

Mat12:28But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
29Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
30He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
31Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

they were just speaking against Jesus, many times in a row....thus their sins would be forgiven...they were not speaking against the Holy Spirit....so your allegation is incorrect....

IMO the devils are the ones that have the consequence....the devils are the "type" that already blasphemy the Holy Spirit.... to get to that state...

if we blashpheme the Holy Spirit...then look out. Those devils sure know that God is real...KNOW. So does anyone that can even commit this sin. Only the elect....chosen before this flesh age...can commit the unpardonable sin...

Mar13:4Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled?

5And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:
6For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
7And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet.
8For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.
9But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.
10And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
11But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
12Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.
13And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Luke12:8Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:
9But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.
10And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.
11And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say:
12For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

Luke21:10Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
12But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.
13And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
14Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
15For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
16And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
17And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
18But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
19In your patience possess ye your souls.

one of Satan's names is death...and who Christ came to defeat (Heb2)

I used Acts2 as a reference to this end time even that we are reading about...a witness against Satan (Death)

it is the Holy Spirit that gives the words....and the elect believer speaks those words....

to not allow the Holy Spirit to speak through you, when you KNOW that he is real and wanting to use you....is unpardonable. IMO this is taught to us so that we may know that ALL sins are forgivable, except the one that we are all trying to avoid....KNOWING God is real and still saying NO to Him.

IF the ones who were given the operation of Holy Spirit on the Day Of Pentecost and not walked there in ... HOLY SPIRIT would have used somone1 else... however the one who did not walk therein is not blaspheming Holy Sprit…
walk there in???you mean, in the Holy Spirit?

Do you mean to suggest that there were BELIEVERS in Christ present (Acts2)that did not speak that cloven tongue?

the definition is clear to those who know Lord Jesus and walk in the Spirit…
wow...pretty sure of yourself there aren't you! And now you are saying that I do not have the Holy Spirit.

It is when you say that the devil is doing something when in fact it is Holy Spirit doing it… see the Word where He is speaking about this and find the truth….
pardon me? what did I supposedly say?

He was not saying that if you deny Holy Spirit or His gifts or operation that you are sinning and that sin is unpardonable…
well, that's what I read when I line up those scriptures above, which IMO all speak of the same event...You obviously disagree that they are the same event...or have not read them together to see.

He was casting out demons by the power of Holy Spirit and the people were saying that he was doing so by the power of Beelzebub, lord of the fly’s… and then Lord Jesus explained that all manner of sin will be forgiven except blasphemy of Holy Spirit… in context this is what it means… to say that the devil is doing something when in fact it is Holy Spirit doing it, period… this teaching about denying salvation…that is just not getting saved…it is not blasphemy of Holy Spirit, nor is NOT doing something that Holy Spirit is showing you to do… that is disobedience
well, you have the freedom to believe what you want to believe, as do I. We'll disagree for now friend. I see a plain connection in the scriptures listed above...and there are more scriptures too....

there were a couple of disciples killed for not playing by the rules...and they KNEW that the Holy Spirit was real and they still disobeyed. They did not believe like most do today...they KNEW. Yet they CHOSE to disobey.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

B1inHim

LOVE one another
Nov 27, 2004
Cucamonga, Ca
✟10,781.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
here are SOME of the scriptures that I used to come to this understanding....

Mat12:28But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
29Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
30He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
31Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

they were just speaking against Jesus, many times in a row....thus their sins would be forgiven...they were not speaking against the Holy Spirit....so your allegation is incorrect....

IMO the devils are the ones that have the consequence....the devils are the "type" that already blasphemy the Holy Spirit.... to get to that state...

if we blashpheme the Holy Spirit...then look out. Those devils sure know that God is real...KNOW. So does anyone that can even commit this sin. Only the elect....chosen before this flesh age...can commit the unpardonable sin...

Mar13:4Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled?

5And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:
6For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
7And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet.
8For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.
9But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.
10And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
11But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
12Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.
13And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Luke12:8Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:
9But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.
10And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.
11And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say:
12For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

Luke21:10Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
12But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.
13And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
14Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
15For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
16And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
17And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
18But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
19In your patience possess ye your souls.

one of Satan's names is death...and who Christ came to defeat (Heb2)

I used Acts2 as a reference to this end time even that we are reading about...a witness against Satan (Death)

it is the Holy Spirit that gives the words....and the elect believer speaks those words....

to not allow the Holy Spirit to speak through you, when you KNOW that he is real and wanting to use you....is unpardonable. IMO this is taught to us so that we may know that ALL sins are forgivable, except the one that we are all trying to avoid....KNOWING God is real and still saying NO to Him.

walk there in???you mean, in the Holy Spirit?

Do you mean to suggest that there were BELIEVERS in Christ present (Acts2)that did not speak that cloven tongue?

wow...pretty sure of yourself there aren't you! And now you are saying that I do not have the Holy Spirit.

pardon me? what did I supposedly say?

well, that's what I read when I line up those scriptures above, which IMO all speak of the same event...You obviously disagree that they are the same event...or have not read them together to see.

well, you have the freedom to believe what you want to believe, as do I. We'll disagree for now friend. I see a plain connection in the scriptures listed above...and there are more scriptures too....

there were a couple of disciples killed for not playing by the rules...and they KNEW that the Holy Spirit was real and they still disobeyed. They did not believe like most do today...they KNEW. Yet they CHOSE to disobey.

Almost everything that you are saying is completely out of context...what ever it is... I hope and pray that you quit taking what I have said as being made directly at you, however it is obvious that you have taken most of what i have shared as being made directly at you and have clearly misunderstood what is being said and are making your own doctrine... I have made it simple and you are making it confusing... I have done you no wrong and only have the best interest towards all, at heart...
Your (personally to you) understanding needs the direction that only GOD can give, if you continue to proclaim that the sin of blasphemy of Holy Spirit is and was and shall be only for a time, you do not understand what is said and are not walking in the Spirit. I offered what Lord Jesus said concerning this subject, yet you want to add your theory to it and cause it to make no sense at all, ecept to you...
Blasphemy of Holy Spirit can be committed by people today... the gifts and operation of Holy Spirit are ever present with us now and forever more...it is the type of teaching that you are offering that can cause even the very elect to be deceived and possibly destroyed out of ignorance of the Word and the lack of the presence and/or infilling of Holy Spirit... I have spoken to you plainly and you do not understand... this is not the first time that you, personally, have made assertions of error... we will not discuss this again... if anyone else has any questions concerning any subjects that you might like to have me discuss and/or explain, please mail me
b1inhim@yahoo.com

Shalom

Upvote 0

Jeshurun30

Mar 9, 2009
Columbus, Ohio, USA
✟7,658.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I tried to blaspheme the Holy Ghost. I even tried to tell Him I hated Him and worked a little spell to make Him leave me in hell forever. I was hurting. I was in a place where my hope had been dashed to pieces and I thought it was already too late for me anyway, so I wanted to solidify it, since everyone kept telling me I was still not like them, not damned. Anyway, afterwards, when I went to God, and asked for forgiveness, I heard no audible voice, and I did stuggle with conscience problems for so long, but then I began to study the subject and attack it at it's roots. Listen, the best book to study for this topic is 1st John. If you think you have committed the unforgivable sin, 1st John meditated on daily will give you a revelation that you are on God's side and if you have godly desires in your heart, God put them there (Phil - for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for his good pleasure). If you say otherwise, I will say that YOU are the true blasphemer of the Holy Spirit of GRACE, who wants all to come to His salvation. God did not die on a cross so that He could hate us for our stupid words. We will be judged by them, but by all of them as a whole, and if you call me damned, I will feel sorry for you. God loves me. And it is sick to put fear in peoples' hearts and say that words can have such power that if you say something insulting about God's Spirit, which is a TERRIBLE and very WRONG thing to do admittedly, that He will never forgive you.

God loves all His creatures and will judge us. But I KNOW the Spirit well, and He is LOVE. You have no understanding if you think He will be eternally offended if you make a mistake and say something you regret later. It is more the act of turning people away from their own salvation that He hates, as the Pharisees did. They previously held a council on how they would destroy Him because He healed on the Sabbath, and this attribution of His miracle to the devil was the produce of that council. If they could make the people think He was of the devil, doing miracles by Satan, they could keep them from following Him and cause greater division. These men's HEARTS were not right. They weren't simply weary in their faith and gave up and said something bad about God's Spirit. Let God judge. But YOU should judge righteously. Let God be between me and you and get the justice. It is in His hands. But I think you are a cancer on the body of Christ and will be rewarded according to the works of your hands. Fighting grace is NOT what God intended, and I think YOU are the blasphemous one.

Praise God. Amen.

Matthew Downey

Upvote 0

B1inHim

LOVE one another
Nov 27, 2004
Cucamonga, Ca
✟10,781.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is more the act of turning people away from their own salvation that He hates, as the Pharisees did. They previously held a council on how they would destroy Him because He healed on the Sabbath, and this attribution of His miracle to the devil was the produce of that council. If they could make the people think He was of the devil, doing miracles by Satan, they could keep them from following Him and cause greater division. These men's HEARTS were not right. They weren't simply weary in their faith and gave up and said something bad about God's Spirit. Let God judge. But YOU should judge righteously. Let God be between me and you and get the justice. It is in His hands. But I think you are a cancer on the body of Christ and will be rewarded according to the works of your hands. Fighting grace is NOT what God intended, and I think YOU are the blasphemous one.

Praise God. Amen.

Matthew Downey

are you saying that if you do not accept salvation in Christ that it is blasphmy of Holy Spirit?
and are you saying that I am blaspheming Holy Spirit by explaining what it actually is to do it?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ahhh....I forgot all about this thread. I never got a response to this post:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7338927-2/#post50497386

What reminded me of this thread is some verses I quoted on a Sabbath thread concerning keeping the Sabbath but not transgressing it. Thoughts? :wave:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7397304/#post54162286

Romans 2:23 Who in law are boasting through the transgression of the Law, the God thou are dishonoring
24 'For the name of the God because of ye, is being blasphemed in the nations' according as it has been written.
[Psalm 74:10/Reve 16:11]

Reve 16:11 And they blaspheme the God of the heaven out of the miseries of them, and out of the sores of them, and not they reform out of the works of them

Upvote 0