Birth control pill linked to 50% higher brain cancer risk ... one more bad effect

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
So having a child is a risk. That is a very odd way to look at it. I consider mine a blessing.
Those are not mutually exclusive categories.
No there are certainly health risks, but they are fairly minimal in this day in age, the biggest is the dent in the pocketbook.
You're only looking at the death rate. Go talk to a handful of women who have gone through it and listen to the various health issues that resulted.

Upvote 0

notalone32

Jan 4, 2015
UK
✟15,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So having a child is a risk. That is a very odd way to look at it. I consider mine a blessing.

If you are healthy and can afford to have children then yes they are a blessing indeed. Very few women in the Western world die from childbirth or pregnancy complications now.

However I don't think it is wrong for married couples to have sex for pleasure rather than procreation. There is nothing in Bible to say sex must be ONLY for procreation.

Some contraceptives are abortifacents though and that is perhaps a good reason why some Christians won't use them. Condoms are NOT in this category but the pill would be

Upvote 0

notalone32

Jan 4, 2015
UK
✟15,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Indeed.

For a women to enjoy sex, is a bad, bad thing for some Christians. Probably the same crowed that is hung up on gays.

Which is dumb because whereas the Bible clearly states its position on Homosexual sin, no mention is made of it being wrong for a woman to enjoy sex or that sex without procreation is wrong. You'd think the puritannical types would be a bit more consistent

Upvote 0

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Indeed.

For a women to enjoy sex, is a bad, bad thing for some Christians. Probably the same crowed that is hung up on gays.

It's a fairly recent idea, mainly from the Victorian period.

Before our modern knowledge of how reproduction works it was thought that both partners had to reach climax in order for pregnancy to be possible so sex was supposed to be good for both men and women. Although it was meant to be kept only within marriage and not too frequently, sex was supposed to be pleasurable for men and women - both for conception and emotional bonding.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,211,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Which is dumb because whereas the Bible clearly states its position on Homosexual sin, no mention is made of it being wrong for a woman to enjoy sex or that sex without procreation is wrong. You'd think the puritannical types would be a bit more consistent

The "sex for procreation only!" mentality came from the Catholic church.

It's no coincidence that Catholic families tend to have lots of children.

Upvote 0