Why the FDA’s decision on an over-the-counter birth control pill is so dangerous to women and girls

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On July 13, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the first over-the-counter hormonal contraceptive. The progesterone-only “mini-pill” is expected to be on drug store shelves as early as next year. While the secular media frames this as a win in the fight for reproductive rights, this is really a victory for the culture of death.

Catholic teaching on birth control​

In the decades leading up to the initial FDA approval of hormonal contraceptives, Christian denominations were united in their opposition to birth control. The Catholic position against contraceptives was rearticulated in light of this invention in Pope Paul VI’s encyclical Humane Vitae, which argues that contraception violates the total, faithful, fruitful gift of the spouses to one another that is proper to the sacrament of marriage.

While the document encourages couples to engage in “responsible parenthood” characterized by prayerful discernment regarding the spacing of births, it condemns the use of artificial means to render the marital act infertile. This is a rejection of God’s authority and a refusal to accept the total gift of one’s spouse in that act — including his or her fertility.

Amidst dissenting voices in the Church, Paul VI prophetically proclaimed the consequences of widespread contraceptive use we see today: rampant infidelity, promiscuity, inappropriate contentography, and governmental population control.

Links to abortion​

Continued below.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I don't think these pills are healthy.
AND it wouldn't be the first time FDA approved of something that is dangerous.

BHT in cereal anyone? [etc etc]

• Agree
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0