Michigan
✟18,174.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Environmentalism isn't supposed to be a science it's a movement to clean up and protect the environment. Environmentalists do tend to use scientific data and findings to help point out areas of concern though. The data obtained via the science of climatology would be a good example. Climatology shows that global warming is occuring and that cutting co2 emissions could effect future levels of heating. Environmentalism says "we should actually go ahead and cut said emissions."

Reactions: SnowyMacie
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Senator David Sater (R-Missouri) has submitted a bill that would bar abortions because of a prenatal diagnosis, test or screening indicating the potential of Down Syndrome in the unborn baby. Sater tells OneNewsNow he took his cue for the bill after seeing North Dakota and Ohio banning abortions because of Down Syndrome.

“Almost 90 percent of Down Syndrome children in the womb are being aborted right now .... I think that's a startling statistic, and I would like to see that decreased dramatically,” he says.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/politics-...ct-down-syndrome-babies-presented-to-Missouri

Are not such children the least of Christ's brethren?

:argh:

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,675.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Hey now, let's not act as if any woman has a societal obligation to abort.
Of course not. If a woman desires to keep a baby with down syndrome, more power to her. But if this bill passes, those women who wouldn't want to give birth to a baby with down syndrome would be forced to do so.

There has been talk in this thread about families pulling through together and living a happy family life with a down syndrome child. Being able to actively choose for this life is part of that equation.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We know three families with at least one Downs child. Every time we visit with these kids I feel like I am entertainingly angels.

One family is so blessed with love they adopted a Downs child.
Good for them. But don't you think the families involved know their own situation best?

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Of course not. If a woman desires to keep a baby with down syndrome, more power to her. But if this bill passes, those women who wouldn't want to give birth to a baby with down syndrome would be forced to do so.
Ah, got it. I thought you were making a slightly different comment. My apologies for the misunderstanding.
We know three families with at least one Downs child. Every time we visit with these kids I feel like I am entertainingly angels.

One family is so blessed with love they adopted a Downs child.
That's great, but those families aren't representative of the pregnant woman who is terrified that her child will end up abused and neglected in a group home or some other institution because she knows she doesn't have the time and financial means to care for the child herself. It's a very different situation when you're going to have to trust society 100% to care for your child and you find it impossible to be so trusting based on how things are. It's not always about a lack of love.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I hope it passes. Too many people see folks with Down's Syndrome as Lebensunwertes Leben (life unworthy of life) and the abortion stats bear this out. It's Eugenics, plain and simple.

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It's Eugenics, plain and simple.
How so? I would guess that very few people make this decision with the greater good of the human race in mind. It's usually about individual circumstances, personal family planning goals, and finances.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
How so? I would guess that very few people make this decision with the greater good of the human race in mind. It's usually about individual circumstances, personal family planning goals, and finances.
I suppose it could be considered eugenics in the outcome, even if the specific intent were different, especially considering the high percentages of Down's Syndrome abortions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So we should continue the ignorance, gotcha.
We should try to save as many of these precious lives as we can, from those who do not value them as worthy of life. Whether you call it "eugenics", "genocide", or "choice", it is wrong to kill them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's not why I posted a cartoon gif screaming.

Oh ok.

tonya-harding-husband-expecting-their-first-child-960x1494.jpg

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,675.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Are you seriously determining a person's worth and right to life based on their IQ score? Ever notice how it's usually the gifted and talented people that cause the most damage in society?

We need to focus on eradicating evil, not those who are born less than perfect.
Ever notice how it's usually the gifted and talented people who cause the most good in society, too?

I don't believe in evil.

Upvote 0