Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
manipulating the information into something else is what carico does. That, and/or completely ignoring the rest. This person has been explained how evolution works hundreds of times, but still regurgitates the same nonsense over and over.

Upvote 0

Grengor

GrenAce
May 10, 2005
Oakley, California
✟18,998.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Republican
"Evolution is just a theory and will never be scientifically proven!"
I know for a fact stuff like that has been explained to you carico.
"I'm confused because evolutionists contradict themselves"
No, they really didn't. Maybe in your understand they did, but why don't you try and adapt your understand of the ToE to actually include the ToE?

Upvote 0

Lord Emsworth

Je ne suis pas une de vos élèves.
Oct 10, 2004
Through the cables and the underground ...
✟61,459.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nathan Poe said:
I think we chased Carico off.

Not to worry, she'll be back with the exact same post, having learned nothing.

In order to scare someone off you have to first make it through the mist.

Upvote 0

JoshDanger

Aug 9, 2005
✟7,722.00
Faith
Agnostic
Carico said:
And until it can be proven that this is even possible, then the evolution theory is just a theory and not scientifically provable.

Arg, it really irks me when people use "evolution is just a theory!" as some sort of valid argument. Anyone who does so has a very wacky idea of what science actually is and shouldn't even be attempting to question, let alone debate the merits of the scientific community.

First of all, no claim at all in science will ever achieve more than a theoretical certainty. A scientific theory is the greatest and most valid assertation science can make on anything. No one is waiting to prove the theory of evolution, to elevate it to some higher level in the scientific world, because its as high as anything will get.
In science, nothing is stronger than a theory!
What matters, then, is how much any theory can be supported by repeatable experiments and verifiable evidence. As such, evolution is one of the most supported and verified theories in existence. I really have no idea where you got the notion that we haven't "proved" evolution. There has been tons of repeatable experiments and observable data used to defend evolution.

Secondly, even if we disregard your naive notion that evolution is just a theory, you are still not getting it. Evolution, like gravity, is both a theory and a fact. It is (in its simplest explanation) an observable phenomenon that there are now different species of animals in existence than there were thousands, even hundreds of years ago and that other species have died out. Now, the theory of evolution tries to explain this phenomenon through random mutation and non-random natural selection.

Thirdly, how about seeing how well your completely baseless arguments hold up against creationism. Not only has creation "theory" never been proven, there isn't even a way to prove it. It will never be a scientific theory, it will never be more than a theologian's dream.
Wild theories like creationism and intelligent design theory are not falsifiable, which is the most important aspect of any scientific hypothesis. If a hypothesis is not falsifiable, it is not worth anything. These ideas have no place in a scientific discussion, debate, nor (most important) a science classroom.

Upvote 0

Carico

Oct 12, 2003
Visit site
✟22,071.00
Faith
Christian
Nathan Poe said:
Very good, Carico, you learned something!

Recorded history goes back about 8,000 years, and not many people back then were studying apes, wouldn't you agree?

A drop in the proverbial bucket; even you must see that.

Do you even know what a "missing link" is?

From its parents, just like you and me :)

Do you even know what "superior" means?

Scientists don't; there's no such term in evolutionary biology.

The genes are different. Whether or not they are "superior" depends on the environment. And "superior" can quickly become "inferior" (and vice versa) with a single environmental shift.

It's really only a matter of what's better suited for the environment at that particular place and time. Hardly a universal endorsement of "superior" by any reasonable definition.

Let me ask you this: Is a Polar bear "superior" to a Bengal Tiger?

Where did they go?
Where did you come from, Cotton-Eye Joe?

To suppose that, perhaps. But your supposition is based on numerous false assumptions which you will, as you have in the past, refuse to acknowledge.

From her parents, just like you and me :)

They're not. Look around.

That the theory of evolution contradicts just about everything you've said in this post is indeed embarassing. But you show no embarassment, and that's the blatant truth.

Actually it is your post that is embarrassing. It has shown you know absolutely nothing. But I expect this kind of post from you, Nathan.

Upvote 0

JoshDanger

Aug 9, 2005
✟7,722.00
Faith
Agnostic
Carico said:
Actually it is your post that is embarrassing. It has shown you know absolutely nothing. But I expect this kind of post from you, Nathan.

Wow, just wow. This has to be a joke, right? Normal, rational people don't make completely baseless claims and then insult the people who are kindly trying to correct them. I can't take you seriously at all from this point on; well, I never did, but this is just a nail in the coffin.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Carico said:
Actually it is your post that is embarrassing. It has shown you know absolutely nothing.

How so? I've answered your questions and cleared up your misconceptions as best I can.

How exactly is this "nothing?"

But I expect this kind of post from you, Nathan.

Thank you! It is my usual combination of worldly wisdom and dry wit. It's got a nice beat and you can dance to it! I'd give my post 4.5 out of 5 stars, but I might be just a wee bit biased... :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carico

Oct 12, 2003
Visit site
✟22,071.00
Faith
Christian
JoshDanger said:
Arg, it really irks me when people use "evolution is just a theory!" as some sort of valid argument. Anyone who does so has a very wacky idea of what science actually is and shouldn't even be attempting to question, let alone debate the merits of the scientific community.

First of all, no claim at all in science will ever achieve more than a theoretical certainty. A scientific theory is the greatest and most valid assertation science can make on anything. No one is waiting to prove the theory of evolution, to elevate it to some higher level in the scientific world, because its as high as anything will get.
In science, nothing is stronger than a theory!
What matters, then, is how much any theory can be supported by repeatable experiments and verifiable evidence. As such, evolution is one of the most supported and verified theories in existence. I really have no idea where you got the notion that we haven't "proved" evolution. There has been tons of repeatable experiments and observable data used to defend evolution.

Secondly, even if we disregard your naive notion that evolution is just a theory, you are still not getting it. Evolution, like gravity, is both a theory and a fact. It is (in its simplest explanation) an observable phenomenon that there are now different species of animals in existence than there were thousands, even hundreds of years ago and that other species have died out. Now, the theory of evolution tries to explain this phenomenon through random mutation and non-random natural selection.

Thirdly, how about seeing how well your completely baseless arguments hold up against creationism. Not only has creation "theory" never been proven, there isn't even a way to prove it. It will never be a scientific theory, it will never be more than a theologian's dream.
Wild theories like creationism and intelligent design theory are not falsifiable, which is the most important aspect of any scientific hypothesis. If a hypothesis is not falsifiable, it is not worth anything. These ideas have no place in a scientific discussion, debate, nor (most important) a science classroom.

The truest statement in your post is that "in science, nothing is stronger than theory." Therefore, evolution is not a fact, nor has it shown to be possible except in the imagination. The fact of the matter is that no species can ever produce offspring of a different species which evolutionists claim. No one has ever witnessed it, nor will they ever witness it. Evolutionism is merely wishful thinking for those who don't like God. But reality does support creationism completely. Humans and animals each breed their own kind and man rules over the animals. All you have to do is look around you to see the truth of that statement. The truth is simple, but it's too simple for those who want to invent reality. And that's why there are so many holes in the theory of evolution; so much so that scientists disagree with each other all the time on just exactly what it is and what it leads to. And considering that apes are still around today, it completely throws out the theory of survival of the fittest. Therefore, the theory of evolution is as theoretical as the theory that aliens came and deposited humans on the earth millions of years ago. At least that doesn't contradict the reproductive process like evolution does!

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
JoshDanger said:
Wow, just wow. This has to be a joke, right? Normal, rational people don't make completely baseless claims and then insult the people who are kindly trying to correct them. I can't take you seriously at all from this point on; well, I never did, but this is just a nail in the coffin.

Note also that the insult is as baseless as the original claims. This is vintage Carico.

In all honestly, I wasn't being all that kindly. Although it's certainly an improvement over Carico's usual tone.

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Carico said:
The truest statement in your post is that "in science, nothing is stronger than theory." Therefore, evolution is not a fact, nor has it shown to be possible except in the imagination. The fact of the matter is that no species can ever produce offspring of a different species which evolutionists claim. No one has ever witnessed it, nor will they ever witness it. Evolutionism is merely wishful thinking for those who don't like God. But reality does support creationism completely. Humans and animals each breed their own kind and man rules over the animals. All you have to do is look around you to see the truth of that statement. The truth is simple, but it's too simple for those who want to invent reality. And that's why there are so many holes in the theory of evolution;so m uch so that scientists disagree with each other all the time on just exactly what it is and what it leads to. And considering that apes are still around today, it completely throws out the theory of survival of the fittest. Therefore, the theory of evolution is as theoretical as the theory that aliens came and deposited humans on the earth millions of years ago. At least that doesn't contradict the reproductive process like evolution does!

Lies, misunderstandings, and unsupported assertions bolded.

Not much left, is there.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Carico said:
The truest statement in your post is that "in science, nothing is stronger than theory." Therefore, evolution is not a fact, nor has it shown to be possible except in the imagination. The fact of the matter is that no species can ever produce offspring of a different species which evolutionists claim. No one has ever witnessed it, nor will they ever witness it. Evolutionism is merely wishful thinking for those who don't like God. But reality does support creationism cpletely. Humans and animals each breed their own kind and man rules over the animals. All you have to do is look around you to see the truth of that statement. The truth is simple, but it's too simple for those who want to invent reality. And that's why there are so many holes in the theory of evolution; so much so that scientists disagree with each other all the time on just exactly what it is and what it leads to. And considering that apes are still around today, it completely throws out the theory of survival of the fittest. Therefore, the theory of evolution is as theoretical as the theory that aliens came and deposited humans on the earth millions of years ago. At least that doesn't contradict the reproductive process like evolution does!

Have you read a single post in reply to you? Ever?

No evolutionist claims that any animal ever has or ever will give birth to another species. Individuals do not evolve. Populations evolve.

And as a reminder humans did not evolve from any other ape species existing today.

Now quit harrassing the educated with your blatant ignorance.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Carico said:
The truest statement in your post is that "in science, nothing is stronger than theory."

Agreed. Theories are supported by facts.

Therefore, evolution is not a fact, nor has it shown to be possible except in the imagination.

Evolution is both a fact and a theory, regardless of whether or not your imagination can handle that.

Ask me how!

The fact of the matter is that no species can ever produce offspring of a different species which evolutionists claim. No one has ever witnessed it, nor will they ever witness it.

Actually we have witnessed it. Do read before you type, Carico. Speciation is a fact.

Evolutionism is merely wishful thinking for those who don't like God.

So what do you say to the Christian evolutionists on this board and elsewhere?

But reality does support creationism cpletely. Humans and animals each breed their own kind and man rules over the animals. All you have to do is look around you to see the truth of that statement.

Suppose I was to drop you in the middle of the Serengetti Plains.
Look! There's a lion! Go tell it that man rules over it.

The truth, Carico, is that, animals rule on their own turf, in their own environment, quite nicely. Ask the surfers who lost limbs to shark attack to back that up.

The truth is simple, but it's too simple for those who want to invent reality. And that's why there are so many holes in the theory of evolution; so much so that scientists disagree with each other all the time on just exactly what it is and what it leads to.

Any holes caused by the theory are by those facts we haven't discovered yet. Much like a jigsaw puzzle, the picture becomes clear even before all the pieces are in place.

But you, and other Creationists, love to exploit those holes. Creationism offers nothing in and of itself, it is nothing more than an exploitation of ignorance.

And considering that apes are still around today, it completely throws out the theory of survival of the fittest.

Carico, explain to us, in your own words, what you think "Survival of the Fittest" means.

I've got 5,000 blessings in the bank that say you'll get it wrong. And double-or-nothing that says you'll be too proud to admit you're wrong.

Therefore, the theory of evolution is as theoretical as the theory that aliens came and deposited humans on the earth millions of years ago. At least that doesn't contradict the reproductive process like evolution does!

Still learned nothing, Carico. You're behaving exactly as I predicted you would.
In another age, I'd be called a prophet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
comana said:

No evolutionist claims that any animal ever has or ever will give birth to another species. Individuals do not evolve. Populations evolve.

And as a reminder humans did not evolve from any other ape species existing today.

it's pointless to argue with Carico. She's far too in love with her own ideas to ever give them up.

I swear, if not for the entertainment value, I'd have put her on ignore ages ago.

Upvote 0

Carico

Oct 12, 2003
Visit site
✟22,071.00
Faith
Christian
notto said:
Lies, misunderstandings, and unsupported assertions bolded.

Not much left, is there.

It's too bad you can't support your assertions with any facts. I can. Humans breed humans and apes breed apes. Those are facts. Yours are figments of your imagination. :wave:

Upvote 0

JoshDanger

Aug 9, 2005
✟7,722.00
Faith
Agnostic
Carico said:
The truest statement in your post is that "in science, nothing is stronger than theory."
Thanks for seeing that. I expect you will then cease to use the claim that evolution is just a "theory" in order to vilify it.
Therefore, evolution is not a fact, nor has it shown to be possible except in the imagination. The fact of the matter is that no species can ever produce offspring of a different species which evolutionists claim. No one has ever witnessed it, nor will they ever witness it.
After all the other posts in this thread trying to correct you, this statement is just asinine. Besides, the concept of species is a human invention. The lines of taxonomy are pretty arbitrary in many cases.
Evolutionism is merely wishful thinking for those who don't like God.
ad hominem. God has nothing to do with evolution. The theory of evolution is a scientific construct. You can't rationally argue for or against the existence of God, therefore the concept has no place in science
But reality does support creationism completely. Humans and animals each breed their own kind and man rules over the animals. All you have to do is look around you to see the truth of that statement. The truth is simple, but it's too simple for those who want to invent reality.
So scientists are "inventing" the observations of nature? And just what are those who believe that man was created in six days from some cosmic sneeze on the sand doing?
And that's why there are so many holes in the theory of evolution; so much so that scientists disagree with each other all the time on just exactly what it is and what it leads to.
The theory of evolution is not perfect, it never will be, but you are totally blowing its inconsistencies out of proportion. Also, it's a scientist's job to look for holes and flaws in theories, that is why the scientific method is the greatest tool man has to understanding the world. This is a very crude analogy, but would you buy a used car because the dealer tells you it's got comparatively low miles and is in excellent shape? Of course not, you'd take it for a test drive, kick the tires, look in the engine. So how can one be so careful when buying a car, and so gullible and impressionable in things concerning the very nature of the world?
edit: Yes, I'm reading Carl Sagan at the moment, and loving it :)
And considering that apes are still around today, it completely throws out the theory of survival of the fittest.
This is a gross misunderstanding. Apes and man share a common ancestory, we did not come from apes.
Therefore, the theory of evolution is as theoretical as the theory that aliens came and deposited humans on the earth millions of years ago. At least that doesn't contradict the reproductive process like evolution does!
This is just dead wrong, and you obviously lied to me when you said you understood what it means to be a scientific theory.

Upvote 0

Carico

Oct 12, 2003
Visit site
✟22,071.00
Faith
Christian
comana said:

And what do you think populations consist of? :eek: Since you haven't figured that one out yet, I'll let you ponder on that one since it'll probably take you a while to figure it out. :wave:

Upvote 0