Biden Has Inherited Trump’s Catastrophic Border Wall. What Happens Next?

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Intent is mind reading IMO,

Well, we've got your opinion vs. facts.

The FBI knew about the attacks we being planned in advance. Which pretty much establishes intent right there.

FBI says it warned about possible violence ahead of U.S. Capitol riot

you cannot convict people in court on intent when they don't follow through on it. You can be convicted of crimes regardless of intent as intent is mostly used when it comes to punishment. People who don't intend to kill people but their reckless actions culminate in death can be charged with manslaughter.

And if the prosecution can show intent, they get charged with murder.

You just proved my point and refuted your own... and for that, I thank you.

People who intent to kill someone but only hurt them and the hurt is rather minimal often aren't charged with a crime but can be sued for damages.

You might want to learn the law before you say things like this.

Attempted murder

You can be charged with a crime even if you cause no hurt whatsoever.

Once again, you prove my point and refute your own... and once again, I thank you.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Well, we've got your opinion vs. facts.

The FBI knew about the attacks we being planned in advance. Which pretty much establishes intent right there.

FBI says it warned about possible violence ahead of U.S. Capitol riot

And if the prosecution can show intent, they get charged with murder.

You just proved my point and refuted your own... and for that, I thank you.

You might want to learn the law before you say things like this.

Attempted murder

You can be charged with a crime even if you cause no hurt whatsoever.

Once again, you prove my point and refute your own... and once again, I thank you.
One can even intend to murder and not follow through with it at all, We all want to "kill" someone at times but almost none of us follow through on that intention in our mind. There are endless speeches about people that have talked about killing someone and never done it.
Do you think that a group of people in a protest talking about frying pigs when it is known they are talking about the police officers are intending to murder them? I consider frying pigs would mean killing them first or even worse burning them alive. If that isn't intending to murder then neither is saying someone should hang Pence.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
One can even intend to murder and not follow through with it at all, We all want to "kill" someone at times but almost none of us follow through on that intention in our mind. There are endless speeches about people that have talked about killing someone and never done it.

But we're talking intent + action here -- or are you claiming the 1/6 insurrection didn't happen at all?

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
But we're talking intent + action here -- or are you claiming the 1/6 insurrection didn't happen at all?
I'm sorry but either the "intent+ action" was planned by a 3 year old mentality or the action doesn't rise up enough to prove intention. I don't buy that people who want to MURDER someone would protest without being very heavily armed and have people highly trained such that accomplishing it would be very likely vs what truly happend at the so called "insurrection". Naming something an "insurrection" that is just a protest while naming another thing that is very well proven an "insurrection" a peaceful protest is ludicrous.
So far everything I've seen used to support BLM riots while castigating those at the Jan 6 incident is beyond hypocritical and IMO anyone ignoring BLM riots that have cost many lives and harmed many while the almost no harm at all Jan 6 is deemed an "insurrection" and requires an army to protect a bunch of snowflakes in Washington basically is playing an intellectually dishonest game here.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry but either the "intent+ action" was planned by a 3 year old mentality or the action doesn't rise up enough to prove intention.

What are you basing this on?

I don't buy that people who want to MURDER someone would protest without being very heavily armed

Washington DC has strict gun control laws.

and have people highly trained

Beggars cant be choosers -- not too many rocket scientists to be found among them.

such that accomplishing it would be very likely vs what truly happend at the so called "insurrection".

Oh, I certainly agree that there wasn't nearly enough brainpower at that rally to change a lightbulb, let alone stage a successful insurrection, but don't confuse "idiot" with "innocent."

They sought to overthrow the government in order to prevent a lawful transition of power -- they were smart enough to have the idea, but far too stupid to do it right.

Naming something an "insurrection" that is just a protest while naming another thing that is very well proven an "insurrection" a peaceful protest is ludicrous.

You're still choosing to ignore the fact that the insurrection was planned in advance -- and given how this fact utterly torpedoes whatever point you're trying to make, I can't say I blame you.

So far everything I've seen used to support BLM riots while castigating those at the Jan 6 incident is beyond hypocritical and IMO anyone ignoring BLM riots that have cost many lives and harmed many while the almost no harm at all Jan 6 is deemed an "insurrection" and requires an army to protect a bunch of snowflakes in Washington basically is playing an intellectually dishonest game here.

You've seen what you wish to see.... but the only takeaway from your argument is this: BLM is far smarter than anyone at the 1/6 rally was.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
What are you basing this on?

Washington DC has strict gun control laws.

Beggars cant be choosers -- not too many rocket scientists to be found among them.

Oh, I certainly agree that there wasn't nearly enough brainpower at that rally to change a lightbulb, let alone stage a successful insurrection, but don't confuse "idiot" with "innocent."

They sought to overthrow the government in order to prevent a lawful transition of power -- they were smart enough to have the idea, but far too stupid to do it right.

You're still choosing to ignore the fact that the insurrection was planned in advance -- and given how this fact utterly torpedoes whatever point you're trying to make, I can't say I blame you.

You've seen what you wish to see.... but the only takeaway from your argument is this: BLM is far smarter than anyone at the 1/6 rally was.
I chuckle at all of this. I'm absolutely sure if there were to be an insurrection they would have to get 100,000 troops in the capitol with tanks and dozens of aircraft to stop several million armed militia and by the time they got those troops and planes there on that day we would have seen a massacre in congress if they truly wanted it to happen. The whole Jan thing is IMO a nothing burger.
25000 troops to protect the cowering democrats in congress there while zero troops to protects 10s of thousands of American citizens from months upon months of violence from BLM and their buddy Antifa.
I've pretty much run out of eyes to roll on this phantom "insurrection" dreamed up by the left...
I often wonder if the same people had monsters under their beds as children to make up such a story.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I chuckle at all of this.

I'm sure you do.

I'm absolutely sure if there were to be an insurrection they would have to get 100,000 troops in the capitol with tanks and dozens of aircraft to stop several million armed militia and by the time they got those troops and planes there on that day we would have seen a massacre in congress if they truly wanted it to happen.

If they wanted to do it intelligently, agreed. But as I said, these folks weren't all that intelligent.

9/11 was pulled off by 18 men with boxcutters and a plan. See what intelligence can accomplish?

The whole Jan thing is IMO a nothing burger.

Well, that's only a step and a half removed from claiming it never happened at all. You're rewriting history like a champ.

25000 troops to protect the cowering democrats in congress

The troops weren't protecting the Republicans? Why is that?

And where are you making up this 25000 number from?

Upvote 0