Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh it was mentioned occasionally, but was nothing like 8 million people pouring over the border include untold tens of thousands of those who got away. This current situation is unprecedented.
Was this the fault of the Democrats? Look at history Why wasn't the wall built this should be a non-issue. The first two years we had a unified government. Why wasn't funding provided the first year? Trump ran on the wall that I supported. In 2018 when the Democrats took the House, we were bickering over funding blaming the dems. What's depressing is how much wall was built. Both sides tug on our chains and we just follow along.

That's why I don't accept the Biden bashing even though when Presidents started (Trump) reversing other presidents EO made our country counterproductive. Now Biden realizes the mistake he has made in reversing some of Trump's EO on the border. But it's what his constituents want instead of doing what's best for the country. Now politicians will use this immigration law to tug our chains further. Blame fest.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Was this the fault of the Democrats? Look at history Why wasn't the wall built this should be a non-issue. The first two years we had a unified government. Why wasn't funding provided the first year? Trump ran on the wall that I supported. In 2018 when the Democrats took the House, we were bickering over funding blaming the dems. What's depressing is how much wall was built. Both sides tug on our chains and we just follow along.

That's why I don't accept the Biden bashing even though when Presidents started (Trump) reversing other presidents EO made our country counterproductive. Now Biden realizes the mistake he has made in reversing some of Trump's EO on the border. But it's what his constituents want instead of doing what's best for the country. Now politicians will use this immigration law to tug our chains further. Blame fest.
Biden reversed all working policies by EO. He can reverse his own reversal any day of the week, yet he wants to pretend someone is standing in his way. The deceit is vile.

• Winner
Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Biden reversed all working policies by EO.
So isn't that what all Presidents do? We look at the speck in another's eyes and not the plank in our own. Why wasn't the Wall built when we controlled the whole government? I can bash the Democrats and their lunacy in history but as an ex-Republican, I find the same dubious stuff but was blinded until I looked for it. The same with Democrats they can criticize their own.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So isn't that what all Presidents do? We look at the speck in another's eyes and not the plank in our own. Why wasn't the Wall built when we controlled the whole government? I can bash the Democrats and their lunacy in history but as an ex-Republican, I find the same dubious stuff but was blinded until I looked for it. The same with Democrats they can criticize their own.
No, all Presidents do not reverse policies that are working. Biden did. 10 million have poured over the border, unvetted, including the 1.5 million who got away. We don't know who they are.

What would an enemy do, if looking at this country? Infiltrate now, while the getting in is relatively easy.

No President to my knowledge ever just abdicated the borders like that.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We wouldn't have this problem if Trump built the wall. Why didn't it get done?
Why is that when Trump proposed building a wall he was ridiculed but now everyone is ridiculing him for not getting the wall built?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why is that when Trump proposed building a wall he was ridiculed but now everyone is ridiculing him for not getting the wall built?
The whole thing was political. The left didn't want it and the right did. Trump didn't get it done when he was in control of the whole government his first two years. Don't get me wrong democrats are just as guilty if you look at when they had full control of the government. You have to think about all the past campaign speeches for the last 20 years. I can say the same about the debt on the Republican side.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Because it was his signature promise to do something about immigration and it was ridiculed because it was an expensive boondoggle. It is being brought up again to show the lack of sincerity and competence by the people who are now trying to blame Biden for not fixing the problem.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because it was his signature promise to do something about immigration and it was ridiculed because it was an expensive boondoggle. It is being brought up again to show the lack of sincerity and competence by the people who are now trying to blame Biden for not fixing the problem.
If Trump deserves blame then so does Biden. There are things that the President owns, fair or not

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
If Trump deserves blame then so does Biden. There are things that the President owns, fair or not
Don't get me wrong, Biden owns his fair share of blame. He dithered and did not address the ongoing issues early in his term. That does not mean the Republican response has been rational or well reasoned. As always both sides are doing as little as possible while blaming the other for the issues.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because if you solve an issue the people won't think they need a government any more.
If they did what they promised they wouldn't have anything to run on. So they keep on kicking three or four rusty cans down the road and us zombies follow.

• Agree
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The whole thing was political. The left didn't want it and the right did. Trump didn't get it done when he was in control of the whole government his first two years. Don't get me wrong democrats are just as guilty if you look at when they had full control of the government. You have to think about all the past campaign speeches for the last 20 years. I can say the same about the debt on the Republican side.
Funny, my recollection was that President Trump was offered $25B but balked at giving DACA folks a pathway to citizenship.
Huh.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Funny, my recollection was that President Trump was offered $25B but balked at giving DACA folks a pathway to citizenship.
Huh.
I remember that! He actually shut down the government, which lowered our bond rating, for no good reason, then tried to pin it on the Democrats! He wound up with less than the originally agreed upon funds for his wall. The Great Negotiator! ^_^

But the DACA people got screwed and have stayed screwed.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Huh.
True but your presidents had a chance to do things in history but didn't and I'll leave at that.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Don't get me wrong I do believe in borders and pray that our politicians can be focused on addressing the issue. Until we the people can come together and make our politicians talk to each other and solve it we'll see extremist policies. Democrats have to understand that open borders are not the answer and Republicans have to understand the total shutdown of borders is not the answer.
Democrats don't want open borders.

Upvote 0