Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
On the same night that late night talk show host Seth Meyers claimed Trump forgot his wife's name and called her Mercedes.
“My wife, our great First Lady—people love her,” Trump said while introducing his wife to the cheering crowd at CPAC. He continued seconds later as the crowd cheered: “people love her, oh look at that, wow! Mercedes, that’s pretty good!”

Not the only goof. He confused Nikki Haley with Nancy Pelosi.
By the way, they never report the crowd on January 6. You know Nikki Haley, Nikki Haley, Nikki Haley, did you know they destroyed all of the information, all of the evidence, everything, deleted and destroyed all of it? All of it. Because of lots of things like Nikki Haley is in charge of security. We offered her 10,000 people, soldiers, National Guards, whatever they want. They turned it down. They don't want to talk about that. These are very dishonest people.

Truth is, neither Haley nor Pelosi were in charge of security for the Captiol.

However, it would not be the first time Trump has confused two people, including his wife—during a deposition for the sexual abuse lawsuit brought by E. Jean Carroll, Trump misidentified the columnist as his ex-wife Marla Maples.

These are not a senior moments; that's dementia.

In another strange tangent at CPAC, Trump appeared to endorse Biden by agreeing with Russian President Vladimir Putin: “he did announce the other day that he'd much rather see Biden as President. And I agree with him.”

Democrats might brush that off as a moment of rationality for Trump, but it's a serious lapse of cognitive function.

Trump Has Confused Obama And Biden At Least 7 Times In Recent Months—Amid Other Notable Gaffes

Speaking from New Hampshire Saturday, Trump, recounting a recent interview he watched of Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, said Orban was asked “what would you advise President Obama? The whole world seems to be exploding.”

Trump also referenced Obama when he clearly meant Biden, at a rally in Ottumwa, Iowa, on October 1, twice in a Fox News Radio interview on October 11 and three times during a September 15 speech before faith leaders in Washington.

The incidents are among a series of misstatements from Trump in recent months that his political foes have sought to capitalize on—the DeSantis campaign has been highlighting his rhetorical blunders on X, formerly known as Twitter, sometimes with the help of the Biden campaign.

Biden-Harris HQ reshared a tweet from the DeSantis War Room account featuring a video of Trump referring to Sioux City, Iowa, as “Sioux Falls” before Iowa Republican state Sen. Bradley Zaun came on stage to correct him.

The DeSantis campaign also shared an clip of Trump appearing to confuse former President George W. Bush and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush during a September 25 speech in Summerville, South Carolina, and another incident in New Hampshire in October when he said Orban was the “leader of Turkey.”

Trump correctly stated Orban’s title a week later in Sioux City, but wrongly stated that Hungary shares a “front” with Russia (neither Hungary nor Turkey border Russia).

Again appearing to mix up world leaders while praising Russian President Vladimir Putin, Chinese President Xi Jingping and North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un during a November 8 rally in Florida, Trump said Kim leads a country of 1.4 billion people (there are only 26 million people in North Korea, though he might have meant China, which has 1.4 billion).

Yeah, memory goes once you're in your late 70s. But these failures aren't just memory lapses. And they are happening with greater and greater frequency for Donald Trump. Granted, he's under a lot of stress; his felony indictments and lawsuits threaten to destroy everything he's gathered for himself.

But those are realities. When Nixon was in trouble for much less than Trump is charged with, the presidency drifted for months. We can't afford to let that happen again.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“My wife, our great First Lady—people love her,” Trump said while introducing his wife to the cheering crowd at CPAC. He continued seconds later as the crowd cheered: “people love her, oh look at that, wow! Mercedes, that’s pretty good!”

By the way, they never report the crowd on January 6. You know Nikki Haley, Nikki Haley, Nikki Haley, did you know they destroyed all of the information, all of the evidence, everything, deleted and destroyed all of it? All of it. Because of lots of things like Nikki Haley is in charge of security. We offered her 10,000 people, soldiers, National Guards, whatever they want. They turned it down. They don't want to talk about that. These are very dishonest people.

However, it would not be the first time Trump has confused two people, including his wife—during a deposition for the sexual abuse lawsuit brought by E. Jean Carroll, Trump misidentified the columnist as his ex-wife Marla Maples.

In another strange tangent at CPAC, Trump appeared to endorse Biden by agreeing with Russian President Vladimir Putin: “he did announce the other day that he'd much rather see Biden as President. And I agree with him.”

Democrats might brush that off as a moment of rationality for Trump, but it's a serious lapse of cognitive function.

Trump Has Confused Obama And Biden At Least 7 Times In Recent Months—Amid Other Notable Gaffes

Speaking from New Hampshire Saturday, Trump, recounting a recent interview he watched of Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, said Orban was asked “what would you advise President Obama? The whole world seems to be exploding.”

Trump also referenced Obama when he clearly meant Biden, at a rally in Ottumwa, Iowa, on October 1, twice in a Fox News Radio interview on October 11 and three times during a September 15 speech before faith leaders in Washington.

The incidents are among a series of misstatements from Trump in recent months that his political foes have sought to capitalize on—the DeSantis campaign has been highlighting his rhetorical blunders on X, formerly known as Twitter, sometimes with the help of the Biden campaign.

Biden-Harris HQ reshared a tweet from the DeSantis War Room account featuring a video of Trump referring to Sioux City, Iowa, as “Sioux Falls” before Iowa Republican state Sen. Bradley Zaun came on stage to correct him.

The DeSantis campaign also shared an clip of Trump appearing to confuse former President George W. Bush and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush during a September 25 speech in Summerville, South Carolina, and another incident in New Hampshire in October when he said Orban was the “leader of Turkey.”

Trump correctly stated Orban’s title a week later in Sioux City, but wrongly stated that Hungary shares a “front” with Russia (neither Hungary nor Turkey border Russia).

Again appearing to mix up world leaders while praising Russian President Vladimir Putin, Chinese President Xi Jingping and North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un during a November 8 rally in Florida, Trump said Kim leads a country of 1.4 billion people (there are only 26 million people in North Korea, though he might have meant China, which has 1.4 billion).

Yeah, memory goes once you're in your late 70s. But these failures aren't just memory lapses. And they are happening with greater and greater frequency for Donald Trump. Granted, he's under a lot of stress; his felony indictments and lawsuits threaten to destroy everything he's gathered for himself.

But those are realities. When Nixon was in trouble for much less than Trump is charged with, the presidency drifted for months. We can't afford to let that happen again.
You recognize it in Trump but you ignore it in Biden.

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He has done some good things recently. He got onto President Sisi of Mexico. Got him to open the gates.
Well you can understand why he thought Mexico was ran by a man named Si, Si

Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,835.00
Faith
Christian

You just ignored the Snopes article that debunked this.

Biden is even worse. He confused French President Macron with long-dead former leader Mitterrand.

He was shown a photo. There are two explanations for this. Either they looked similar back then or Trump's eyesight is failing him. Nothing to do with cognitive function.

How can you tell the difference?

That's got nothing on Biden when he told audience it was the 'last year' of his administration despite seeking reelection.

Republicans might brush that off as a moment of rationality for Biden, but it's a serious lapse of cognitive function.

For every Trump gaffe there are two or more times as many Biden gaffes. Here are just a few.

Trump is in his 70s yet he is still spry, unlike Biden who can barely seem to walk. I remember when the media made a big deal about Trump's health when he walked down some steps.

Now they don't seem to care when Biden constantly falls over. Biden is too mentally diminished to be running a country.

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Biden is even worse. He confused French President Macron with long-dead former leader Mitterrand.

He was shown a photo. There are two explanations for this. Either they looked similar back then or Trump's eyesight is failing him. Nothing to do with cognitive function.

That's got nothing on Biden when he told audience it was the 'last year' of his administration despite seeking reelection.

Republicans might brush that off as a moment of rationality for Biden, but it's a serious lapse of cognitive function.

For every Trump gaffe there are two or more times as many Biden gaffes. Here are just a few.

Trump is in his 70s yet he is still spry, unlike Biden who can barely seem to walk. I remember when the media made a big deal about Trump's health when he walked down some steps.

Now they don't seem to care when Biden constantly falls over. Biden is too mentally diminished to be running a country.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I just quoted what he said. And he did endorse Biden. Go back and look.
Confusing two presidents of France compared to confusing his republican opponent in a primary with a democrat speaker of the house? Sorry, you really have that wrong.

No, I don't think so. My eyesight isn't great, but I wouldn't have confused another woman for my wife. But then, I wouldn't have thought George Washington seized airports at Yorktown. I wouldn't have believed that windmills cause cancer. Trump's problems are a lot deeper than bad eyesight.

Trump is in his 70s yet he is still spry, unlike Biden who can barely seem to walk.
iu

Of course, you might say that Trump gets out and exercises, too...
iu

Vigorous exercise may counter cognitive decline

So that's probably the difference between Biden out-negotiating Kevin McCarthy, and Trump forgetting what his wife looks like.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Oh let’s face it. Neither is a good candidate for President.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Confusing two presidents of France compared to confusing his republican opponent in a primary with a democrat speaker of the house? Sorry, you really have that wrong.

No, I don't think so. My eyesight isn't great, but I wouldn't have confused another woman for my wife. But then, I wouldn't have thought George Washington seized airports at Yorktown. I wouldn't have believed that windmills cause cancer. Trump's problems are a lot deeper than bad eyesight.

iu

iu

So that's probably the difference between Biden out-negotiating Kevin McCarthy, and Trump forgetting what his wife looks like.
I haven’t seen Biden on the bike lately

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

iu

iu

Trump is now about the same age Biden was when they ran against each other previously. And Trump was always saying Biden was old. So now Trump is that age now, which makes him old, Didnt he insinuate or downright say that Biden was too old to run for President then? Well, now Trump is too old.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I haven’t seen Trump do anything at all.
He was spotted riding his golf cart recently. So there!
I haven’t seen Biden on the bike lately
Last August:
The 80-year-old president and first lady Jill Biden zipped by reporters shortly after 11 a.m., with the president ignoring a shouted question about Chinese malware.

A small crowd watched from behind a rope line and cheered on the first couple, who wore matching long black pants, black T-shirts and bike helmets.

Last time Trump was able to ride a bike...
iu

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He was spotted riding his golf cart recently. So there!

Last August:
The 80-year-old president and first lady Jill Biden zipped by reporters shortly after 11 a.m., with the president ignoring a shouted question about Chinese malware.

A small crowd watched from behind a rope line and cheered on the first couple, who wore matching long black pants, black T-shirts and bike helmets.

Last time Trump was able to ride a bike...
iu
You didn’t read that NY Post article you posted did you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,835.00
Faith
Christian
I just quoted what he said.

And it was debunked. Here is the full speech.

At 2:02:15 Trump says: "I want to thank Matt and Mercedes Schlapp two great people along with the entire staff. Thank you very much Mercedes, thanks." Proving that Trump never forgot his wife's name and was referring to Mercedes Schlapp.

Even the article you posted quote Mercedes:

"After the speech, Mercedes Schlapp called reports on the gaffe “Fake News at its finest.”"

And he did endorse Biden. Go back and look.

I can't find the full speech where he says that, only clips. I need the full context of that quote.

Sorry but confusing someone living with someone long dead is far worse than confusing two people that are still alive.
This is also not the first time Biden though that someone that has passed away was still alive.

"Now an awkward moment at the White House today, President Biden gave a shout out to a congresswoman that he thought was there. But one problem, she died last month."

No, I don't think so. My eyesight isn't great, but I wouldn't have confused another woman for my wife.

Anecdotal evidence. Also this was Trump's ex-wife not his wife, so not a fair apples to apples comparison.

But then, I wouldn't have thought George Washington seized airports at Yorktown. I wouldn't have believed that windmills cause cancer. Trump's problems are a lot deeper than bad eyesight.

Trump believing in conspiracy theories is not evidence of mental decline.

iu

iu

Being physically fit ≠ being mentally fit.

Speaking of Biden riding a bike, he can barely do that. Not to mention his love of ice cream, which is one of the most processed foods you can eat. It's loaded with sugar and fat and is very bad for your health.
Biden is 'fine' after falling off his bike in Delaware, White House says |  CNN Politics

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And it was debunked.
I know the excuses. He always has one. For example, he blamed the teleprompter for telling us that George Washington seized the airports at Yorktown. As if it was cognitively competent to let a teleprompter overrule one's common sense.

And he did endorse Biden. Go back and look.

I can't find the full speech where he says that, only clips.
No one cares. Make whatever excuses you want.

Trump believing in conspiracy theories is not evidence of mental decline.
Actually it is.

But in this case, Trump seems to have merely fantasized about windmills causing cancer.

My eyesight isn't great, but I wouldn't have confused another woman for my wife.

Anecdotal evidence.
Maybe so, but I think most men who weren't in cognitive decline would be able to make that distinction.

Also this was Trump's ex-wife not his wife, so not a fair apples to apples comparison.
It's true that Trump's memory is failing, so he might just have forgotten who he had been married to. But that's a different issue.

Being physically fit ≠ being mentally fit.
You're wrong about that, too...

The authors concluded that a cognitively active lifestyle in old age may boost cognitive reserve, delaying the onset of clinical Alzheimer's disease by up to five years.

The difference in Trump's mental condition and Biden's mental condition may be mostly because Biden has kept himself physically fit.

Speaking of Biden riding a bike, he can barely do that.
He caught his foot in the pedal cage as he was getting off the bike. I notice he seems perfectly capable of bicycling with others, as the video shows. Trump is unable to ride a bike because he's just not physically fit enough. And yes,that does have an effect on cognitive function.

Not to mention his love of ice cream, which is one of the most processed foods you can eat. It's loaded with sugar and fat and is very bad for your health.
Given Trump's addiction to "hamburdlers" and other fast food, I think that's probably a losing argument for you, too. Biden outsmarted Trump in the debates and Kevin McCarthy in the budget negotiations partially because he's kept himself in pretty good shape. Trump has pretty much given up on anything like exercise or sensible eating, and so his cognitive decline is becoming more and more noticeable.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You didn’t read that NY Post article you posted did you?
I did. It mentioned that Biden was zipping along on his bike, and after he stopped and dismounted, his foot got caught in the pedal cage and he fell.

But it incorrectly said that the secret service people got him up. Video shows him getting up by himself. But it's the NY Post, so...

• Haha
Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0