IamStefanie

Nov 8, 2011
Dallas, TX
✟8,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
For some people, yes. For others, no. We cannot universalize from what is the best for a particular person. Sin is anything less than perfection. If either marriage or celibacy is better than the other, then the other is less than the best possible choice, and therefore sin. That is not the case. So no, it is not better (in a universal sense) to be single. It is an individual matter.

What he said!

Upvote 0

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Unhappily married is definitely the worst.

I think happily single is better than happily married though. It's a great moment when you can find happiness in being alone.

I've been all of those things listed. Happily single is where it's at. So few singles ever reach that moment because of the preoccupation of needing to get married.

Upvote 0

HighwayMan

Aug 7, 2007
✟17,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I am too weak, or I have a brain disease, or there's something terribly wrong with me but I can never be happy, content, or even at peace while being single. Not when everyone else around me seems to have someone.

Yet this is my destiny in life it seems. I've tried for a decade now and I've failed to find a relationship, and I've tried even harder to be ok with that fact and I've failed even worse.

Upvote 0

AndieGirl

Apr 19, 2012
✟15,121.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As I heard someone once say:

"It is better to be single wishing you were married than married wishing you were single."

Everyone has a different life, and I'm not sure that you could make a blanket statement about which is better for every single person, but as for me, I prefer being single than marriage to any of the candidates I've met so far. ;) Plus, it allows me the freedom to do what I want with my life and the time to devote to the study of God's Word.

Upvote 0