besides LOTR

Icystwolf

Jul 5, 2003
Sydney
✟2,596.00
Faith
Calvinist
Blessed-one said:
violet is blue? why not just call it violet..
I just learned to accept it...

oh yes, those that only grow for a short period of time is a marvel. That means you get to catch it at the precious moment, and that's pretty satisfying to one who plants it. I get the feeling..

what do you mean by strong grower? does it normally grow easily like roses?
Roses are not easy to grow...trust me. They have a lot of prickly spikes, which obviously shows they're trying to protect themselves, which shows they're delicious....

Yes they're easy to grow, but all the caterpillers, mealy bugs, slugs snails....

~~~~

no, my bro borrowed the DVD off his friend. He's going to get 'Infernal Affairs 3' next. :D
he heard a rumour that the first film will be released on big screen as an international film.
do they relate to each other?

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
violet is blue.. um..

well, you get a contradiction in my little bit of front yard. I don't water my plants much since they are the harsh nature ones, and i don't spray any chemicals and get fertilizers simply because i don't know which ones to get, and the roses are growing and growing.

one of them's probably going to reach second floor if it kept growing like that...
mom used to cut them, but they grow fine without the cutting.

~~~~

yes, the second film ends with the bad guy in the first film getting into the head of gangs position, so the story hasn't ended yet.

Upvote 0

Icystwolf

Jul 5, 2003
Sydney
✟2,596.00
Faith
Calvinist
Blessed-one said:
violet is blue.. um..

well, you get a contradiction in my little bit of front yard. I don't water my plants much since they are the harsh nature ones, and i don't spray any chemicals and get fertilizers simply because i don't know which ones to get, and the roses are growing and growing.

one of them's probably going to reach second floor if it kept growing like that...
mom used to cut them, but they grow fine without the cutting.
Oh ok...I did a bit....lol......
for roses, squeezing a bug on a stem hurts..... on the whole, I suppose I hate bugs...but roses have a higher yield of bugs...thats from my experience anyways....a lot of plants release a chemical to combat them....roses don't for some reason.

On the whole, I just find it too chaotic to be messing around with heaps of chemicals.....

But i find it strange you don't use chemicals to get rid of those bugs...do you have a herb garden by any chance?

~~~~

yes, the second film ends with the bad guy in the first film getting into the head of gangs position, so the story hasn't ended yet.
What about the first one?

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
you squeeze the bugs? *shiver*

no herb garden, can't even grow cabbages thanks to a cat, and instead of growing that, we've a rapid spider growth.

and yeah.. the roses' leaves have patches of white on them.. but the plants just grow anyway. I know there're problems, but don't know what to do.

~~~~

Infernal Affairs is a trilogy. In the correct sequence, it should film 2, film 3, then film 1, but the director made the first film (which is the whole grand ending of everything), THEN decided to make some supplements to what had happened before. Gives you all the explanation and background and stuff. Of course, it's fine to just watch film 1, but one might get interested after seeing it.

i found it easier to make previous stories base on an existing story too. All you need is to elaborate on the background that is developed already and throw in more surprises.. but they aren't worth much if they are not good. I hope film 3 is good, will have to see about that.

Upvote 0

Icystwolf

Jul 5, 2003
Sydney
✟2,596.00
Faith
Calvinist
Blessed-one said:

no herb garden, can't even grow cabbages thanks to a cat, and instead of growing that, we've a rapid spider growth.

and yeah.. the roses' leaves have patches of white on them.. but the plants just grow anyway. I know there're problems, but don't know what to do.
I'm going to attempt to grow broccoli in spagnum moss, if it works, you can do it too in milk caltons....

For the rose problem of white spots, if it was black spots check the roots for red spider mites, I'll give you a pseudocode;

If(Patches= fluffy, webish and when you poke it, a small white insect moves)
then
(You have a huge mealy bug problem)
otherwise IF(Patches = smooth spots)
then
(You have a scale problem,)
otherwise IF(Patches= contained within the leaf)
then
(You either have a bacter or a virus problem...in this case just get rid of the plant)

For myself, I usually drown the plants, then when the bugs come out, I kill them, for mealybugs, I squeeze them and for viruses or bacteria...I throw them away. But for some reason, every time I try throwing them away, someone keeps picking htem out of the bin and place them straight back to my healthy collection....

~~~~

Infernal Affairs is a trilogy. In the correct sequence, it should film 2, film 3, then film 1, but the director made the first film (which is the whole grand ending of everything), THEN decided to make some supplements to what had happened before. Gives you all the explanation and background and stuff. Of course, it's fine to just watch film 1, but one might get interested after seeing it.

i found it easier to make previous stories base on an existing story too. All you need is to elaborate on the background that is developed already and throw in more surprises.. but they aren't worth much if they are not good. I hope film 3 is good, will have to see about that.
Oh so this is like, starwars where they made episodes 4,5 and 6 as 1st, 2nd and 3rd, then made 1, 2 & 3, 4th 5th and 6th, and then putting them together in the order that 4,5,6 be the first second and third, and 1,2,3 as 4th,5th &6th, to be the other order of 1,2,3 as 1st, 2nd and 3rd whilst 4,5,6 are to be placed in the order of 4th, 5th and 6th in the final DVD, and they did this to solve the confusion?

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

Blessed-one said:

~~~~

Tell you a good way to fix the roses Blessed...(but...Mum might be more willing to do this) Throw the washing up or soapy washing machine water on them! First thing you grow in a herb garden it catmint.....repells your little four legged friend from that area.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
well, the leaves are pretty healthy on the tallest rose, but i'll have to wait for tomorrow to get more light in order to see the others. Thanks for the tips.

yes, so the 1, 2, 3, are actually in the order of 3, 1, 2.
that was one heck of a maddening explanation on your part. :D

Bevlina said:
Tell you a good way to fix the roses Blessed...(but...Mum might be more willing to do this) Throw the washing up or soapy washing machine water on them! First thing you grow in a herb garden it catmint.....repells your little four legged friend from that area.

wow, you sure it won't kill the plants?
good idea! i'll do that for my little bit of earth in the backyard, which contains just basically all wild grass and is the home of spiders. (dad said to spray the grass with chemicals when i told him the spider problem)

Upvote 0

Icystwolf

Jul 5, 2003
Sydney
✟2,596.00
Faith
Calvinist
Blessed-one said:
well, the leaves are pretty healthy on the tallest rose, but i'll have to wait for tomorrow to get more light in order to see the others. Thanks for the tips.

yes, so the 1, 2, 3, are actually in the order of 3, 1, 2.
that was one heck of a maddening explanation on your part. :D

wow, you sure it won't kill the plants?
good idea! i'll do that for my little bit of earth in the backyard, which contains just basically all wild grass and is the home of spiders. (dad said to spray the grass with chemicals when i told him the spider problem)
How could I forget, soap water kills insects....LOL............

I remember how I disagreed it before, until I heard the theory.... i ought to try this soon.

The theory of it was soap water, when dried, dries up. So when you place soap water, on bugs, it clogs up their mouths which will take them some time to clean, but esspecially mealy bugs, that are less mobile to bend around to clean, unlike praying mantis, it blocks their air holes, and thus killing them by almost drowning them......

I think I'll do something like that on the weekends

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Icystwolf

Jul 5, 2003
Sydney
✟2,596.00
Faith
Calvinist
Insects that eat other insects are "COOL" like praying mantis, Beetles and dragonflies.
Insects that are vegetarian are often in large numbers, and destroy plants... thats why spiders are a good idea as well as a herb garden.

But for a herb garden, don't ever consider ginger, that will totally destroy the soil for any other plants to grow, including weeds...it may be a good idea of eradicting weeds but not a good idea of killing the plants you love....

Upvote 0