Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
wow, nice! i mean about the program and your wanting to see it. :)

my cousin and bro were having a huge talk on LOTR 3 and we just sat around them listening since none of us had seen it. I'm going to the movie next tue though, hope i'll get a ticket. oh yeah, they said something about this city that is built around a mountain (cliff side?) and how breath-taking it is...

Upvote 0

Icystwolf

Jul 5, 2003
Sydney
✟2,596.00
Faith
Calvinist
Blessed-one said:
oh, never heard of Jacky sing before.. just all the Kung Fu. :)

it's amazing how he and Jack Lee and that fat guy (forgot the name) all made it to America. There's another good martial actor too, younger than Jacky i think, but he isn't in too many movies these days. oh yeah! he's in "Hero", the guy that fights .. uh.. Chow Yun Fat? in the raining scene.

i'm assuming that you've seen it, if not... nevermind.
Are you sure Chow Yun Fat was in Hero?

I think I know who your talking about, was that the person who had the broken broad sword?

Upvote 0

Icystwolf

Jul 5, 2003
Sydney
✟2,596.00
Faith
Calvinist
Blessed-one said:
wow, nice! i mean about the program and your wanting to see it. :)

my cousin and bro were having a huge talk on LOTR 3 and we just sat around them listening since none of us had seen it. I'm going to the movie next tue though, hope i'll get a ticket. oh yeah, they said something about this city that is built around a mountain (cliff side?) and how breath-taking it is...
If you have the game they have these art work which totally awesome....

I should extract it....and maybe post it up...

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

The art work of LOTR is absolutely amazing, from the makeup to the sets. Yes, I believe they actually built a city around a hill. And, it's almost as breathtaking as the Chinese Yellow Mountains & the hot spring there.
Did you know there is a toast tonight at 9.p.m. to Tolkein by fans of LOTR? and, his fans in general? There may be something on TV about it so have a look at your TV Guide Blessed! That's why they showed 'Beyond The Movie, LOTR, The Return Of The King' today.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Bevlina, why do i keep reading your post after everything's finished.. :sigh:

Icystwolf said:
Are you sure Chow Yun Fat was in Hero?

I think I know who your talking about, was that the person who had the broken broad sword?

sorry.. i think i got this mixed up with another movie Icy... uh, so who's the main character? it isn't Tony i'm sure, he's the other one. I can't recall the main character's face.

yep! he's the only one who survives at the end of the movie, and the only fighting scene i like is the only one he's in. I think the rainy/droplet effect is really well done.

what? LOTR 3 game is out already?! that's quick. I only have War of the Ring on the com, and bro says he will borrow the LOTR rpg but he never gets around to doing it. Is this a rpg?

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

Just keep on eye on your TV Guide as I believe they are going to have "Beyond The Movie. LOTR Fellowship Of The Ring "soon. I think January 5th at 7.30 p.m. I am not positive about that as all States differ. But keep an eye out anyway.

What amazes me about LOTR is that is a film about good & evil set in such an amazing pattern. In the end it seems to rely on faith.
It also seems to have many undertones. The two mountains. The Hobbits. And of course the malevolent influence of the ring itself.

I believe the 5 top board games are;
1. Lord Of The rings
2. The Confrontation
3. Lord Of The Rings The Risk
4. The Fellowship
5. The Card Game.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
a hard game? harder than FF7? i got stuck at the last stage of FF7, what a shame.

thanks Bevlina. i'll do that if i were at home that day.

yeah, the hobbits being the main characters (carrier) definitely reminds me of God using small people to achieve big things. (but Tolkien is christian after all).

and the ring represents evil to entice people. :)

don't know much about ranking of games.. don't play as often.

Upvote 0

Icystwolf

Jul 5, 2003
Sydney
✟2,596.00
Faith
Calvinist
yeh, it goes to show that evil is a lot clever than once thought...and with the gold that entices gollum to kill....which in some sense, heaps of people have died for gold.

Oh I'm not sure about ff7, never had a PS to play that game...

but in anycase, I only play quality games...other than that my orchids need me....I think orchids are a RPG game itself....

in an RPG game, you keep attacking the enemy heaps of different ways and methods until it just so happens that one attack and one combination of attack seems to take off some life out of it's invincible armor...then you reload the game and start all over again, just to preserve some energy....lol....

in orchids...you keep thinking and finding new ways to grow the orchid, to promote the roots to grow, and the pseudo-bulb to stop shrivelling....then it dies, so you buy anotherone of the same species, and you use the method that works to grow it...lol....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Icystwolf

Jul 5, 2003
Sydney
✟2,596.00
Faith
Calvinist
a couple died since the last time you asked me that....

it would be above 50

I think devotion isn't a good word to describe my relation to my orchids...these days, it's automatic, this orchid wants this and that orchid wants that....

Unless I get a new orchid...then I'll put some devotion time into it..but I probably won't be getting any new ones next year, or at least not a lot, I have a thesis to do....lol...and it's not soemthing I can pull over....

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
you've never played FF7 Jim??? but that's THE best game ever! and i played it on PC, it's only the newest FF games that are on PS2. FF7 is the best out of all FF series, and it's got a pretty complicated and engaging storyline plus nice music and characters.

lol, ok.. i guess you can't compare a game with something than you love doing the most, but i agree, it takes more time and patience to grow a plant than play a game, after all, knowledge of the plants require an intense interest in it.

50 orchids?! you must have had quite a garden to put all your pots in just to get the sunshine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Bevlina said:
I reckon it might be an orchid. I think I can see petals there and, as we know, Jim had orchids which are just so delicate they defy description. *glances around*

:idea: i see, Bevlina..
that must have depicted the background...

ok, we'll let Jim tell us when he gets on. *wait expectantly*

Upvote 0