Beauty or Brains

AztecSDSU

Apr 14, 2014
✟1,989.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'd rather have brains. But, I tend to date very smart guys (almost nerds) that are muscular. I like guys who work out, shows they care about their health/fitness, but they have to be smart. I find that makes them even more attractive. :) An unintelligent guy, but one who is very good looking, to me? Is boring.

Most of us in the meathead camp are nerds. We're just obsessed with topics like physiology, exercise science, nutrition, kinetics, and so on instead of video games or comic books. Two sides of the same coin really.

Upvote 0
L

Lord Of The Forest

Bookish chicks tend to be the type that are depressed all the time, which as clever as they might be gets pretty old. I'd take the stereotypical California airhead that's fun to be around over that any day.
That's quite interesting. Is this anecdotal, or do you have some studies to cite? I'll give you some anecdotal information of my own: I've known quite a few 'bookish chicks' and they haven't struck me as being depressed. One of them is more bookish than I could ever dream of being, and she's one of the most positive people you'll ever meet.

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,609.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Bookish chicks tend to be the type that are depressed all the time, which as clever as they might be gets pretty old. I'd take the stereotypical California airhead that's fun to be around over that any day.

I'm with you on this one. My experience has almost always been better when they make me laugh all of the time than me having to babysit somebody's feelings...

Upvote 0

AztecSDSU

Apr 14, 2014
✟1,989.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
That's quite interesting. Is this anecdotal, or do you have some studies to cite? I'll give you some anecdotal information of my own: I've known quite a few 'bookish chicks' and they haven't struck me as being depressed. One of them is more bookish than I could ever dream of being, and she's one of the most positive people you'll ever meet.

It's anecdotal, though I do believe there are a few studies floating around out there that correlate higher IQ with tendencies towards mental health issues.

Why Smarter People Are More Likely To Be Mentally Ill

Personally I've just found people that don't style themselves intellectuals are much more fun to around. Thus I'll take the California airheard any day.

Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Most of us in the meathead camp are nerds. We're just obsessed with topics like physiology, exercise science, nutrition, kinetics, and so on instead of video games or comic books. Two sides of the same coin really.

Those things are not considered nerdy. Lol

Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

I'm not so sure being a nerd in general is a bad thing anymore... :p

nerd-venn-diagram-20110626-192132.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AztecSDSU

Apr 14, 2014
✟1,989.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

I don't think things are, or aren't, "nerdy." It's more a matter of how a person approaches them. It's hardly nerdy to know how to use a computer, or even use one daily at this point. Now if you can build one with raw components your interest in computers goes well beyond the standard. Not unlike the difference between someone that runs a little here and there fore exercise, and someone whose approach to their cardiovascular exercise is based on the Tabata approach as they've modified it with outside source information and personal experimentation.

It's just more socially okay to be an exercise nerd than it is to be a science fiction nerd.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Would you rather have a SO that was beautiful/handsome, but not very smart or a SO that was very intelligent, but not very attractive?

Please not very intelligent, he'd be so bored with me, LOL and I with him. Imagine having someone who can only talk about math or science and those stupid comments I'd make. Those really intelligent people they just hook up with each other, they have their own dating sites too here.

Upvote 0

CCHIPSS

Love will overcome evil (Romans 12:9-21)
Jul 10, 2014
Vancouver, BC
✟34,527.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-Liberals

I found that the book girls also tend to care a lot more about the people that gets to know them. If you get on their good side they will also look out for you.

When I talk about "smart girls" earlier I was talking about those who can destroy people with their mouth. They love social drama and love to play games. Those I hate, even to this day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
✟7,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Brains. Definitely.

A really psychically attractive guy becomes instantly a total turn off if he's a dim bulb.

Likewise, an average or even generally less-attractive guy is so much more attractive if he can keep pace with me intellectually - even more if he can challenge me intellectually.

I've ended things after just a couple dates with more than a few guys who were perfectly kind and nice looking simply because they couldn't hold an intelligent conversation.

Upvote 0