✟17,886.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OracleX said:
I was not talking about revenge but justice. There are laws on earth that must be followed and Christ has told us to submit ourselves to these laws. This is not about revenge but justice. The death penality is something that IMO is earned by those who break the law. If anything, those who are on death row are probably gonna think more about life after death then those who serve a life sentence. This is also partly why there is strong prison ministries in states that hold the death penality.

Again .... not revenge ... justice.
Justice. When are we ever justified by our Lord Jesus the Christ to kill/punish unto death anyone under any circumstance? If this is the law of the land that is one thing, but that does not mean I have to be for it. I understand your opinion on the subject and I know you have a rgeat many people who would back you up, but for me, am against the killing of anyone at anytime for any reason.

OK in the OT when God laid down the laws of the land, there was the death penality for certain sins. In some cases yes God executed these death penalities Himself and swallowed up those who broke the laws. But others, God left it up to those who were in power to excute justice. So in the OT when God had the death penality in place for different sins, was He robbing those people the chance to turn thier life around? You need to remember that God does not change. The difference between the OT and NT is the cross, but does that mean that the death penality was no longer needed? No we do not stone witches anymore, but did the cross do away with justice on earth?
Okay this opinion might not be a popular one, but I am not Jewish and therefore I am not under those laws. I have no idea why God wanted the people of Israel to kill adulterers and gays, and then in the New Testament tell us to forgive everyone, and to love our neighbors as ourselves. God had a reason, I will leave it at that. In my opinion the death penalty is not a just action by a civilized people.

When God takes a life He is justified, as He is the giver of life, and He knows the hearts and futures of all. When we take a life, we are taking something that is not ours to take. IMHO.

Again this is my opinion. Do you think that Christians should go to war? Is there a difference between the death penality and killing someone in a war? Maybe a good one for a new thread.
Being pro-life, how could I be for Chrisitans being in a war? I know it is not a popular opinion but it is mine, and I feel very strongly about it. I am not saying that anyone who is a Christian that went/is involved/will go intot he military is wrong, I am just saying that my beliefs will not let me participate in the same action.

Upvote 0

SumTinWong

Living with BPD
Apr 30, 2004
In a house
Visit site
✟17,886.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OracleX said:
Well said and I completely respect it.
Wow, I was not expecting that response. Not that you are known to be a troublemaker or anything like that, I just don't usually get that kind of a response. Thanks. Really.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.