Banning public homosexuality in Tennessee

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,348.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Sexuality is a learned process, I watched my father kiss my mother and I did the same, I liked it
You might want to reword that.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,348.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It suggests that you kissed your mother in the same fashion “Dad” did.
One wonders why he didn't take his cue from his mum kissing a man. This has just been the weirdest discussion.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,704.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Funny thing is, if you quietly and unceremoniously ask women who has been abused OVER HALF of them say yes. My daughter was groped by someone in a museum gift shop when she was 13....THIRTEEN....

And yet half of them are not lesbians.
25% of women have been raped. We do not have 25% levels.

Not only that but I know SEVERAL gay people who experienced NO more assaultive treatment...certainly nothing more than me in my life.

It's....it's almost like the theory is a load of old toss unsupported by experts in any field related to child development or sexual health.....
You know that not all people react the same way to a traumatic incident. The facts are a great number of them have indeed suffered a traumatic incident. The truth is there hasn't been any real research on the subject. I actually don't think the LGBT community and their supporters would stand for it. And I also doubt very much anyone would receive any funding for such research.

The prevailing wisdom is gay people are just born that way. And we really have no way of knowing whether that is true or not. There is no gay gene and no real research on the subject. So, here we are. Left with anecdotal claims and information that only gay people give us to say they have always been gay. No way to say they weren't. No biological evidence of anything. Gay men are still men. Gay women are still women. They all just like the same sex. The only biological issue with them is that they can't procreate without the opposite sex being involved. That's biological enough for me to say it was not meant to be.

And the other issue is that homosexuals typically have higher rates of a LOT of problems relating to health and mental health. It's a relatively bad life they live physically and mentally. It's not normal, it's abnormal. But then we human beings definitely have a lot of abnormal going on as minority behaviors. Being gay isn't the worst of abnormal behaviors among the species.

Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,704.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Greek Mythology
No it is true. But then birth defects are all part of the fall. Just like babies born with holes in their hearts or with cancer or with no arms. It's a sad, sad part of the nature of the fall.

Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,704.00
Faith
Pentecostal
It's weird that you, with your current understanding of how sexuality develops, are speaking pejoratively about her.

And I'd say it's telling but perhaps the word is predictable that you chose the word "couldn't" (as if it speaks to a lack of capacity) when she simply refused to, instead differing to experts.

So while you sit high and mighty on your pedestal giving an imprecise definition of a woman, she chooses, instead, to leave it alone and not get dragged into a discussion with other people who don't know what they're talking about.

And for the record, I don't mean her. I mean actual experts. Consider listening to them.
No she couldn't. It's a very simple question. But like so many liberals who are asked that question they can't answer it even when trying.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No she couldn't. It's a very simple question.
Is it? There are a ton of legal issues surrounding gender and gender identity these days, surely a judge would need more information about the legal issues involved to truly answer a question like that.

After all, the question was posed to Ketanji Brown Jackson, a judge being considered for a judicial position. Why would they be asking her something that wasn't related to the law?

But like so many liberals who are asked that question they can't answer it even when trying.
Judges tend to make judgments based on the facts before them, and the specific law involved. Without any relevant, specific information, how could she know what legal issues were involved in the question being asked?

-- A2SG, you're not expecting her to answer questions outside of her field, are you?

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No it is true. But then birth defects are all part of the fall. Just like babies born with holes in their hearts or with cancer or with no arms. It's a sad, sad part of the nature of the fall.
I agree birth defects

There is no known case of a human with both working penis/testicles or vagina/ovaries

Many birth defects are seen when twins are in the womb and body parts grow together being fraternal twins male/female and one lives

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know that not all people react the same way to a traumatic incident. The facts are a great number of them have indeed suffered a traumatic incident. The truth is there hasn't been any real research on the subject. I actually don't think the LGBT community and their supporters would stand for it. And I also doubt very much anyone would receive any funding for such research.

The prevailing wisdom is gay people are just born that way. And we really have no way of knowing whether that is true or not. There is no gay gene and no real research on the subject. So, here we are. Left with anecdotal claims and information that only gay people give us to say they have always been gay. No way to say they weren't. No biological evidence of anything. Gay men are still men. Gay women are still women. They all just like the same sex. The only biological issue with them is that they can't procreate without the opposite sex being involved. That's biological enough for me to say it was not meant to be.

And the other issue is that homosexuals typically have higher rates of a LOT of problems relating to health and mental health. It's a relatively bad life they live physically and mentally. It's not normal, it's abnormal. But then we human beings definitely have a lot of abnormal going on as minority behaviors. Being gay isn't the worst of abnormal behaviors among the species.
Excellent response, the LGBT community is trying to create a narrative that they're born that way without choice specifically trying to obtain federal protections in society, race, age, gender, LGBTQIAZLMNOP

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Birth defects.... Yes, God makes them too. Perhaps we should shun those born with holes in their hearts just like those born with male and female sex organs and hormones? I mean, aren't we supposed to credit God for all life, except for the portion of a life we do not like?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I agree birth defects

There is no known case of a human with both working penis/testicles or vagina/ovaries

Many birth defects are seen when twins are in the womb and body parts grow together being fraternal twins male/female and one lives
Maybe you are are not a doctor and don't know what you are saying? That is what I believe.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,704.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Why would ANYONE choose to be gay? Why would you choose to be called an abomination? Why? Why would people CHOOSE to put their life in danger by being gay as they do in other countries around the world? Why would gay Christian who LOVE God choose to BE gay?
Why would anyone choose to be a murderer? Why would anyone choose to be a thief? Why would anyone choose to be an adulterer, a pedophile, a rapist, a liar?
Human being choose all kinds of behaviors that are harmful to them or others. It's because we are broken sinful people. We love darkness rather than light. Even Christians battle the flesh the lust of the eye the pride of life.

I don't know if the compunction to be gay is innate with a people son from the whom or not. There is no scientific evidence for that. All we have is a gay person says they were gay as long as they can remember. Many have experienced abuse. All we can honestly say the truth of scripture that all sinful behavior whether it be gossipping, slandering, murdering, dishonesty, disobedient to parents, evil scheming, homosexuality and hatred of God comes from worthless thinking, a reprobate mind. Practicing These things is what separates us from God. NONE of us are righteous. For many do the same same things are yet cast judgement in those who do what they are doing. BUT,
But now, quite apart from Torah, God’s way of making people righteous in his sight has been made clear — although the Torah and the Prophets give their witness to it as well — and it is a righteousness that comes from God, through the faithfulness of Yeshua the Messiah, to all who continue trusting. For it makes no difference whether one is a Jew or a Gentile, since all have sinned and come short of earning God’s praise. By God’s grace, without earning it, all are granted the status of being considered righteous before him, through the act redeeming us from our enslavement to sin that was accomplished by the Messiah Yeshua. God put Yeshua forward as the kapparah for sin through his faithfulness in respect to his bloody sacrificial death. This vindicated God’s righteousness; because, in his forbearance, he had passed over [with neither punishment nor remission] the sins people had committed in the past; and it vindicates his righteousness in the present age by showing that he is righteous himself and is also the one who makes people righteous on the ground of Yeshua’s faithfulness.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,704.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Birth defects.... Yes, God makes them too. Perhaps we should shun those born with holes in their hearts just like those born with male and female sex organs and hormones? I mean, aren't we supposed to credit God for all life, except for the portion of a life we do not like?
Who says we ought to shun people with birth defects? I don't believe we should shun people at all. Jesus did not come to save the righteous but to save the sinner. Birth defects are not sinful by the way. They are a physical deformity that happened because something went wrong in the womb. Do you think it's reasonable at all to shun those people? I don't.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Who says we ought to shun people with birth defects? I don't believe we should shun people at all. Jesus did not come to save the righteous but to save the sinner. Birth defects are not sinful by the way. They are a physical deformity that happened because something went wrong in the womb. Do you think it's reasonable at all to shun those people? I don't.
But if the circumstances of some people’s birth means that a “defect” leads them to desire “the wrong people”, then it’s “okay” to shun them? (Or not allow them to express these G-rated desires in public?)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,704.00
Faith
Pentecostal
But if the circumstances of some people’s birth means that a “defect” leads them to desire “the wrong people”, then it’s “okay” to shun them? (Or not allow them to express these G-rated desires in public?)
I don't know know that the law forbids anyone for G rated activity in public.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know know that the law forbids anyone for G rated activity in public.
It explicitly forbids "homosexuality," which it distinguishes from "acts of masturbation, sexual intercourse, or physical contact with a person's clothed or unclothed genitals, pubic area, buttocks or, if such person be a female, breast". Is there any inappropriate action or behavior associated with homosexuality (and only homosexuality, since - as written - the law would allow someone who is heterosexual to do it) that wouldn't be covered by that list?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Judges tend to make judgments based on the facts before them, and the specific law involved. Without any relevant, specific information, how could she know what legal issues were involved in the question being asked?

-- A2SG, you're not expecting her to answer questions outside of her field, are you?
If she did, then we would get to hear complaints about her legislating from the bench rather than deferring to lawmakers and policy experts. Heads I win, tails you lose.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If she did, then we would get to hear complaints about her legislating from the bench rather than deferring to lawmakers and policy experts. Heads I win, tails you lose.
Standard GOP playbook these days, huh?

-- A2SG, wish they'd get a second tactic...

Upvote 0