Bagpipes a threat to the environment

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,147.00
Faith
Christian
Meanwhile, on the global warming front, here's a story that both the pro and denier camps can agree on. That bagpipes are a threat to the environment....

THEY were once outlawed for being used as seditious weapons of war. Now, bagpipes have been blasted as an environmental menace.
Over-intensive logging means that the African wood used to make Scotland's national instrument faces being wiped out.

I think an immediate global ban is in order. Starting in, oh, about 15 minutes :D

simplicity

incredibly ordinary member
Jun 29, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I was really wondering if this thread could be supported by a link to a news article. But yes, that's terrible. Bag pipes contributing to deforestation! It's bad enough bag pipes sound like a moose dying of asthma.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My ancestors are almost exclusively Scottish. I won't stand for such slander against them!
I hear that! (one-quarter scottish, 3/4 Irish) Plus I live in New Scotland! (Nova Scotia)

Hands off the bagpipes!

And since everyone supposedly hates them how can there be enough of them being produced to decimate a forest?

Upvote 0

Lockguy3000

Nov 14, 2007
NYC
✟9,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Mr. Spock: "Mr. Scott, illogical it may seem, starfleet and the Federation has put a ban on all bagpipes"

Scotty: "Aye, I'll be not letting them green skin laddies take me pipes"

Kirk: "Scotty, what's happening in engineering?"

Scotty: "Mr. Spock tried to take me pipes, and they are now stuck in his ears"

Kirk: "Dr. McKoy, go to engineering and assist Scotty"

McKoy: "I'm a doctor not a carpenter"

Upvote 0
O

ondaball

I was really wondering if this thread could be supported by a link to a news article. But yes, that's terrible. Bag pipes contributing to deforestation! It's bad enough bag pipes sound like a moose dying of asthma.

This post could most seriously be considered as flaming the moose, loose aboot da hoos!! :mad:

Chefs desirous of minimising damage to the environs should prepare this festive dish in a microwave..:liturgy:

even if it is more succulent with a flamethrower!! ;)

Ian :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
O

ondaball

I hear that! (one-quarter scottish, 3/4 Irish) Plus I live in New Scotland! (Nova Scotia)

Hands off the bagpipes!

And since everyone supposedly hates them how can there be enough of them being produced to decimate a forest?

Anywhere near Halifax? :cool:

The Yorkshire UK original is the climax of the famous saying about "Hell, Hull & Halifax..." :doh:

Can't recall if the relevant folklore..

to search its completion..

is from the most honourable profession of used car salesman..:confused:

or from vintage jokebooks, circa 1567 :tutu: :ebil:

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hands off the bagpipes!

I agree.

Keep everyones hands off the bagpipes ;) :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
I've never been accused of being a gentleman - probably because I actually own and play the pipes.
The world would be full of pipers standing shoulder-to-shoulder to account for the wood needed for deforestation.

For those interested to see what pipe music looks like and how individual notes sound, go to:

http://www3.telus.net/public/dougwick/Musicworks Home Page.htm

:bow:

Upvote 0

clarksided

Veteran
Sep 13, 2007
New Orleans
✟17,690.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lemme see..:idea:

what % of hoots mon does my great grandma from Perth give me?? :scratch:

Ian :help:

Those percentages were made up on the spot, you know! I'm just like almost exclusively Scottish so I did the respectable thing and made up percentages cause everyone else was doing it.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Now I'm totally gonna get a bagpipe, I can annoy 2 for the price of one.

Irritate the crap outta the neighborhood and watch the hippies whine and moan bout me killing the trees. :ebil:
There was a tradition that band members had to march over a mirror on the floor - in their kilts!!!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Lockguy3000

Nov 14, 2007
NYC
✟9,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Mr. Spock: "Mr. Scott, illogical it may seem, starfleet and the Federation has put a ban on all bagpipes"

Scotty: "Aye, I'll be not letting them green skin laddies take me pipes"

Kirk: "Scotty, what's happening in engineering?"

Scotty: "Mr. Spock tried to take me pipes, and they are now stuck in his ears"

Kirk: "Dr. McKoy, go to engineering and assist Scotty"

McKoy: "I'm a doctor not a carpenter"

In walks the "Highlander"

Highlander: "I am Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. I was born in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel. And I am immortal."

Mr. Spock takes out phaser and vaporizes the Highlander

McCoy: "He's dead Jim"

Scotty plays "Amazing Grace" on his bagpipes by blowing into Spock's nose and squeezing his head...fade out

Upvote 0