West
✟11,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
About the past year I’ve undergone a great transformation. I fell away from God for a while, and I’ve recently come back. My detour was 100% my fault because I wasn’t faithful or committed enough. Everything that I went through in the past year was a direct result of my failings. After a long period of soul-searching, I’ve decided to get rid of all the obstacles that are blocking me from living for God. I don’t claim any denomination. I’m just a Christian. I’ve walked away from all the worldly things that I can for example music, books, television & situaltions/people. I’ve purged my life completely. The people I interacted with in the past/recent past are no more. No explanation to them needed because I don’t owe anyone anything & they don’t walk in truth & light. My home has been decluttered & I’m now a minimalist. My soul & mind have been set free.

I have no one to answer to except for God. I will continue to do everything to serve Him not man. I’ve done all this in order so I’m not fooled by the world a second time. I won’t be deceived anymore. I won’t listen to the world anymore. I stick to myself & do the things that are good & true. I didn’t want to be around the world, so I moved to a remote place where I can contemplate & have peace with God.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟109,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
About the past year I’ve undergone a great transformation. I fell away from God for a while, and I’ve recently come back. My detour was 100% my fault because I wasn’t faithful or committed enough. Everything that I went through in the past year was a direct result of my failings. After a long period of soul-searching, I’ve decided to get rid of all the obstacles that are blocking me from living for God. I don’t claim any denomination. I’m just a Christian. I’ve walked away from all the worldly things that I can for example music, books, television & situaltions/people. I’ve purged my life completely. The people I interacted with in the past/recent past are no more. No explanation to them needed because I don’t owe anyone anything & they don’t walk in truth & light. My home has been decluttered & I’m now a minimalist. My soul & mind have been set free.

I have no one to answer to except for God. I will continue to do everything to serve Him not man. I’ve done all this in order so I’m not fooled by the world a second time. I won’t be deceived anymore. I won’t listen to the world anymore. I stick to myself & do the things that are good & true. I didn’t want to be around the world, so I moved to a remote place where I can contemplate & have peace with God.
Welcome to Christian forums.

Reactions: desertlily
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,734,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Welcome! :wave:

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟424,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, can you elaborate on this part, where you said @desertlily needs to get fed?
Today I was so glad I went to church. So often it lifts my spirits from hearing the word. It’s a regular diet of Gods wonders and helps and understanding and perspective. Teaching the word is so important and keeping separate from the world is so important. You got to know what your standing on and what is necessary to keep near to God.

The world is in many of our churches but only the straight word is necessary. I hope this answers it for ya @AlexB23 and @desertlily . No harm intended.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟109,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today I was so glad I went to church. So often it lifts my spirits from hearing the word. It’s a regular diet of Gods wonders and helps and understanding and perspective. Teaching the word is so important and keeping separate from the world is so important. You got to know what your standing on and what is necessary to keep near to God.

The world is in many of our churches but only the straight word is necessary. I hope this answers it for ya @AlexB23 and @desertlily . No harm intended.
Yep, the Word is the bread of our lives. Also, as a Catholic, the Eucharist is also.

• Agree
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟913,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Welcome!

Upvote 0

desertlily

Apr 27, 2024
West
✟11,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

No worries! :) This is why I've never affiliated myself with one denomination. So many in churches interpret what they think the scriptures say. I'm a Christian & a Biblical one. Simple! It's not safe to be out & about in the world anymore. Too much craziness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟424,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No worries! :) This is why I've never affiliated myself with one denomination. So many in churches interpret what they think the scriptures say. I'm a Christian & a Biblical one. Simple! It's not safe to be out & about in the world anymore. Too much craziness.

Heb 10:25

Pro 11:14

Ecc 4:10

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟19,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Just some free and friendly advice.

Im assuming you are born again.. that you are a Real Christian...

So, in that case, let me assure you that when you were backslidden, God didnt go anywhere.
He was always right there with you, in you, and on your side.

Now.....Here is a basic principle to understand, regarding God's love for you.

God's love is UNCONDITIONAL........ He loves you the same way, always.

And Here is the most important thing you will discover about God's Peace.

God is always at peace with you.....He is ALWAYS at peace with you, for the exact and very same reason that He saved you to begin with...

A.) The Cross of Christ.

See that? That is why God is always at peace with you @desertlily .

And.....The wonder of God's Love and God's Peace, is that we have it at all times, and never does it depend on our behavior or our "trying to do" for God.

Now WE can feel a lack of peace, or a certain unrest,...... but God does not feel that at any time, when He thinks about His Children.

The Bible says that "God sings over us"..........He SINGS over us, as His love is so great for us,...

I'll post a video, about that song...for you down below.

Listen,
God always loves you unconditionally, and God is always kept at peace with you, because of the Cross of Christ, which is the reason He was able to receive you as His own, to begin with...

So, you go right ahead and "sell out to God" and "give God your life"....but do this, knowing that God is your Father, no matter what... and then "give Him everything".. . so that....you are not putting yourself under a bondage that will become a chain.

We serve God because God loves us and Gave us His SON.
We are to not try to serve God because we need to perform to be accepted by Him, as when you do that, you will not be able to sustain it, because the foundation of the commitment is wrong.

And you know what?

God is singing over you right now , as He's singing over all of His Children.

God bless you,.
-

Last edited:
Upvote 0