United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Probably having that attitude.

What attitude? I'm asking a serious question. In my experience, I don't seem to be dating/marriage material and am sincerely curious as to why.

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
What I mean is that when someone believes that, it shows.

I think I'm great marriage/dating material. I just don't know any men who agree with me.

How am I supposed to improve if no one will help me figure it out? It's like a lose-lose situation here.

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,609.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sara, I think you're pretty awesome; you'd be an awesome girlfriend from what I can tell, you'd take care of whichever lucky guy gets you (and I really mean that). You're full of love, joy, tenderness, and a cute silliness about you; for me, I'm obviously into a totally different type of lady (as you can see I'm somewhat of a glutton for punishment with ladies lol and prefer the princess type).

I think, like SpiritualAntiseptic says, it might be the attitude that you're not good enough; guys really dig confidence, but not over-confidence.

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Sara, I think you're pretty awesome; you'd be an awesome girlfriend from what I can tell, you'd take care of whichever lucky guy gets you (and I really mean that). You're full of love, joy, tenderness, and a cute silliness about you; <snip>

What do men say?

Basically what Cyrus said up there. And then they tell me I'm not their type, usually.

Also, thank you, Cyrus.

Upvote 0

darktipper

Outside I look bad but inside is like candy :)
Apr 10, 2011
Somewhere in outer space.....
✟15,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Questions to the ladies....
why do hotdogs come in packages of 10 and buns in 8?
Do you like a guy who works out or not?
Do you like a guy who plays video games?
2, 4, 6 or no pack abs?
Would you date a man who drives a geo metro?
Would you get mad if he stop calling you if you half of the time called him?
If you want him to give you the world but he gets you a sweater, would you still love him?
What if he flipped burgers and you are a corporate career women, would you still date/marry him?
Are you afraid of the "Dark" lol

A answer for the ladies
The reason why we leave the toilet seat up is because it is better than peeing on the seat lol

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,609.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sara, I think the problem may lay in the hunt... there's sometimes no effort to get the glorious side of you, it simply exists throughout every faucet of your personality; so, there might not be something particularly special about a guys' relationship with you... idk, just brainstorming here.

Reactions: Tink
Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Sara, I think the problem may lay in the hunt... there's sometimes no effort to get the glorious side of you, it simply exists throughout every faucet of your personality; so, there might not be something particularly special about a guys' relationship with you... idk, just brainstorming here.

So it really is lose-lose. Men say they're tired of games, and they want someone who is just upfront and honest, but they really want this hunt that you're talking about?

There is more to me than what I show everyone, if anyone ever dares to try to get close enough to see it.

Thanks, Cyrus. That at least gives me something to think about.

Reactions: Nom De Guerre
Upvote 0

He.Loves.You

Dehydrated water tastes like chicken
Apr 16, 2010
Midwest
✟15,255.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So. Why are the only women who think I'm "datable" the ones who are safely removed from the possibility of dating me?

It is always easier to spend someone else's money, lol.

I suffer from this problem too :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

enelya_taralom

Catch the wave.....
Aug 2, 2004
✟10,398.00
Faith
Christian
So it really is lose-lose. Men say they're tired of games, and they want someone who is just upfront and honest, but they really want this hunt that you're talking about?

There is more to me than what I show everyone, if anyone ever dares to try to get close enough to see it.

Thanks, Cyrus. That at least gives me something to think about.

Sara: I feel the same way!!! I've had plenty of guys tell me they think I deserve better then the best... so not them :confused::doh:

Upvote 0

He.Loves.You

Dehydrated water tastes like chicken
Apr 16, 2010
Midwest
✟15,255.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I don't know you, but games are generally bad in my opinion. There *are* men who do want games, and there *are* men who don't.

I think that men who have reached a maturity level of wanting to find a wife are much more likely to appreciate a woman who doesn't play games.

If dating is still just a sport for a man, then he will want the thrill of the hunt (as a gross generality). And some men just want the allure and challenge of hard-to-get.

Personally, I like sweet, straightforward women.

Upvote 0

enelya_taralom

Catch the wave.....
Aug 2, 2004
✟10,398.00
Faith
Christian
Hmm...

okay I got a question that doesn't relate to toilets.

How does a low key guy get your attention? Basically, I'm soft spoken. If you like those types of guys, what is it that really does it for you?

Hi,

I guy I have liked for almost a year now is soft spoken. There really was not trick in me noticing him. I walked out of church one day and there he was, standing at the bottom of the stairs talking with an elderly lady. I then noticed that week after week he'd sneak into church a few minutes late, sit in the back and either be alone or with the older ladies. Finally one of my friends went up to him and invited him to join us for post-church ice cream. Had she not have done this, who know sif this guy and I would have ever gotten to know eachother. Problem is, he's not interested... says he doesn't want to date anybody right now. I find that soft-spokenness can sometimes be mistaken for passivity and/or disinterest. My best advice to you would be to be assertive and just go and say hi, yes scary, but worth a shot right :)

Upvote 0

Lord Herdsetk

What were they thinking?
Dec 4, 2010
Alabama
✟16,810.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ah lol, that's still tricky for me. Being assertive that is.

I have no problems being straight forward with people. Problem is, I'm a bit too straight forward. I usually don't speak my mind, but if asked I'm incredibly blunt. I think that intimidates some people when the quiet shy guy turns out to be much more...er ballsy with his choice of words than they were expecting lol.

I'm glad to hear that some women, such as yourself, like us low key guys. I guess it can be hard to read us as we usually choose not to talk about ourselves much and are much more reserved in general, but we're usually more easy going. If I were to judge myself for all low key guys, I'd say we make great long term mates, but it takes a lot of work on both sides to get to that point.

I really hope the guy you're interested in changes his mind. If he doesn't, oh well. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders. That in itself is very attractive :D

Upvote 0

Revived

Fighting the good fight of faith.
Mar 25, 2009
Planted by the water
Visit site
✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For the girls: When it comes to romantic gestures, what do you prefer? The simple, spontaneous things such as a touch, snuggle, kiss ... or the more elaborate and planned candlelit dinner, a walk in the park, a hand-written note?? All of the above? :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
For the girls: When it comes to romantic gestures, what do you prefer? The simple, spontaneous things such as a touch, snuggle, kiss ... or the more elaborate and planned candlelit dinner, a walk in the park, a hand-written note?? All of the above? :D

I think most of the time, the simple things matter the most. However, I see a walk in the park and quick note as simple things. :D

Upvote 0