Arrests of people on FBI terror watch list crossing border illegally hits 100-year high

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) said the threat was serious, particularly given that 1.5 million people have been observed illegally entering the country since President Joe Biden took office in January 2021, but law enforcement was unable to apprehend them. Illegal immigrants who are not arrested cannot be checked against U.S. criminal or terror records.
“It only took 19 al Qaeda operatives to kill nearly 3,000 Americans on Sept. 11, 2001," Cotton, who is the ranking member for the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Criminal Justice and Counterterrorism, said. "Many, many times that number of known terrorists have surely crossed our southern border since Joe Biden took office. His open border is the gravest terrorist threat to the U.S. homeland.”

I hardly no what more to say. Conservatives have tried to bring the violations of law and the dishonesty of the Biden administration in regard to our southern border to the attention of the American people. Yet so many of the Biden base continue to tolerate the sex trafficking and drugs and crime and Chinese military and terrorists flowing over our border.

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) said the threat was serious, particularly given that 1.5 million people have been observed illegally entering the country since President Joe Biden took office in January 2021, but law enforcement was unable to apprehend them. Illegal immigrants who are not arrested cannot be checked against U.S. criminal or terror records.
“It only took 19 al Qaeda operatives to kill nearly 3,000 Americans on Sept. 11, 2001," Cotton, who is the ranking member for the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Criminal Justice and Counterterrorism, said. "Many, many times that number of known terrorists have surely crossed our southern border since Joe Biden took office. His open border is the gravest terrorist threat to the U.S. homeland.”

I hardly no what more to say. Conservatives have tried to bring the violations of law and the dishonesty of the Biden administration in regard to our southern border to the attention of the American people. Yet so many of the Biden base continue to tolerate the sex trafficking and drugs and crime and Chinese military and terrorists flowing over our border.
This is another disastrous failure by the far left Biden Administration's policies and refusals to effectively enforce the law.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟962,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
“It only took 19 al Qaeda operatives to kill nearly 3,000 Americans on Sept. 11, 2001," Cotton, who is the ranking member for the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Criminal Justice and Counterterrorism, said. "

Those chaps were here legally on tourist or business visas, and with some attending U.S. flight schools. We had a problem with them for sure, but it wasn't for their sneaking across a border illegally.

• Informative
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Those chaps were here legally on tourist or business visas, and with some attending U.S. flight schools. We had a problem with them for sure, but it wasn't for their sneaking across a border illegally.
Yes, the Terrorist Threat Integration Center was created after 9/11. With no centralized list it was much easier for terrorists to legally enter our country.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

This is a disaster in the making, squarely on Biden and his ill-advised policies and his abdication of the border responsibility.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wait, isn't a record number of arrests of potential criminals a good thing? Why is the GOP upset at that - are they in favor of opening up our borders?
smh

Upvote 0

ranunculus

Aug 21, 2008
✟271,130.00
Country
Luxembourg
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Wait, isn't a record number of arrests of potential criminals a good thing? Why is the GOP upset at that - are they in favor of opening up our borders?
I guess Biden is inviting them to come... and then having them arrested... or something? I don't know what the logic is. It seems to be missing.

Here's a tweet

xykxjqlhgkub1.jpg

They're making the opposite point they think they're making without realizing it. It looks like they're getting close to becoming self aware but something is stopping them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ranunculus

Aug 21, 2008
✟271,130.00
Country
Luxembourg
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
In any case this talking point in the OP seems to be for the purpose of stoking fear about foreign threats / general xenophobia in the wake of the Israel / Palestine conflict. I've spent a little time on FB last year and it's truly staggering the amount of "the southern border is wide open since Jan 2021" style memes I've seen reposted hundreds of thousands of times. I'd say it's definitely in the top 3 messages drilled into everyone's heads on the daily in the conservasphere.

It's worth nothing that for years, top U.S. law enforcement officials have said white supremacists and other far-right-wing extremists are the most significant domestic terrorism threat facing the United States. 90% of the cases of US terrorists are classed as domestic. Of the domestic extremists, 95% are far-right... according to Michael Jensen, senior researcher at the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

That's not really relevant. Hundreds of suspected terrorists or known terrorists have been caught crossing the southern border.

Pretending that it isn't a problem helps no one when real terrorist attacks occur. Waiting until after they've successfully killed US citizens to close the border is just foolish. Over a million people have made it into the US without being apprehended. There's no telling how many have been apprehended and then released into the US under fake or no documentation.

With terrorist groups threatening US citizens (particularly Jewish ones) it's entirely irresponsible and a failure of this administration’s obligations to national security.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
In any case this talking point in the OP seems to be for the purpose of stoking fear about foreign threats / general xenophobia in the wake of the Israel / Palestine conflict. I've spent a little time on FB last year and it's truly staggering the amount of "the southern border is wide open since Jan 2021" style memes I've seen reposted hundreds of thousands of times. I'd say it's definitely in the top 3 messages drilled into everyone's heads on the daily in the conservasphere.

9 million people have entered the US illegally through the southern border. Hundreds of them terrorists.

It's worth nothing that for years, top U.S. law enforcement officials have said white supremacists and other far-right-wing extremists are the most significant domestic terrorism threat facing the United States.

Apparently, in the Afghanistan embarrassment, the US let in somewhere between 50 and 350+ known terrorist watch list members into the US because....you know...incompetence.

90% of the cases of US terrorists are classed as domestic. Of the domestic extremists, 95% are far-right... according to Michael Jensen, senior researcher at the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism.

Well according to the actual FBI agents who investigate such things....the entire "white supremacist" and "conservative extremist" threat is largely fabricated and overblown.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟962,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That's not really relevant. Hundreds of suspected terrorists or known terrorists have been caught crossing the southern border.

I think the article should not have used that Cotton quote about the 9/11 terrorists related to the current issue at the border. It leaves open the suggestion that the 9/11 terrorists entered illegally - what the article is about - and they did not. It is Sen. Cotton's quote about the 9/11 terrorists that is not relevant to the current border crisis. His quote would have been relevant in an article about vetting persons to whom we grant visas, but that is not what this post is about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think the article should not have used that Cotton quote about the 9/11 terrorists related to the current issue at the border.

Why?

It leaves open the suggestion that the 9/11 terrorists entered illegally - what the article is about - and they did not.

It's suggesting they could do so now...and that's accurate.

When it comes to terrorism...I think it's fair to say we all think that preventing another large scale 9/11 style attack that claims hundreds or thousands of lives is the priority, right?

Sure...preventing any terrorists from killing people is a good thing, but if we had to focus on one thing over another (and the FBI frequently does) then avoiding another 9/11, Orlando nightclub shooting, or Boston Marathon bombing is a higher priority over things like watching parents at school board meetings and forming hate groups, organizing members, arming members, planning attacks on local politicians....then arresting members of said group formed by the FBI.

We can agree on that much, right? The FBI should focus on actual terrorists and if they're coming across a border illegally, we should probably work on preventing that?

It is Sen. Cotton's quote about the 9/11 terrorists that is not relevant to the current border crisis.

Well those are the types of terrorists on the watch list. The "allahu akbar" type. That's who is being caught crossing the border illegally....members of real terrorist organizations like ISIS and Al-Quaeda. The sort that plan and execute their own terrorist plots without FBI direction.

What sort of terrorist watch list members did you think were being caught crossing the southern border?

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, it is weird that GOP talking points seem to imply that arresting terrorists is a bad thing.
I was shaking my head at the very erroneous implication you posted, and I quote: "Why is the GOP upset at that - are they in favor of opening up our borders?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I was shaking my head at the very erroneous implication you posted, and I quote: "Why is the GOP upset at that - are they in favor of opening up our borders?"
Seems that a more convincing approach would have been to answer the question. But as we've seen, that's hard to do given that this is yet another far-right talking point which gains momentum in the echo chamber only to run head-first into a wall when actually thought about.

Upvote 0