Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Excerpt from the article: Robert Redford: Stay Inspired and Stay Peaceful on Standing Rock

I’ve been looking back on the year that was 2016, and thinking about gratitude. One of the remarkable things that happened this year about which I’m supremely grateful is the movement at Standing Rock. Thousands of brave Americans in North Dakota faced brutal weather and unnecessary police force to stop a pipeline from being driven through the heart of America and potentially ruin their source of clean water.

This was no ordinary protest. Not only did it bring together over 500 tribes, but it also became the rallying cry to millions across the world who believe we need to make the shift from fossil fuels to renewable energy. And its effect was also remarkable: President Obama and the Army Corps of Engineers made an historic decision to pause, conduct an Environmental Impact Statement and look at alternative routes.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good morning relatives. It is time to stand up and preserve and protect the Earth for our children, our grandchildren and for future generations of children to come. We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tad, I hope it is okay for me to share these two videos again. I wanted to share the videos of Lawrence O'Donnell again because he did not compromise truth about American history and he continues to stand with Standing Rock.

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Excerpt from the article: Colin Kaepernick Donates $50,000 to Standing Rock Health Clinic

Kaepernick announced the month of December’s donations Friday, with the largest portion — US$50,000 — donated to the Mni Wiconi Health Clinic Partnership at the Standing Rock camp, set up in resistance to the construction of the Dakota Access pipeline. According to Kaepernick’s website, 50 percent of the funds will pay the salaries of the doctors and nurses, while the rest is split between building materials for the camp’s mobile medical clinic, medical supplies and liability insurance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I read that article in the paper this morning. All that tear gas must have been expensive.

What really got my goat was the last few paragraphs

Fong said legislation to provide money for the continued law enforcement response might include a funding ceiling, but Sen. Ray Holmberg, R-Grand Forks, chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee, said he thinks that's unlikely.

"I don't think we will put an artificial cap on the protection of our citizens," he said.

The protection of our citizens! Nonsense. That money was spent protecting big oil corporate interests and for excessive militarized police brutality against citizens protecting their own right to clean water, resources and culture.

SMH, right now.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0