Are you seeking a boyfriend or girlfriend?

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I am.

Kudos to those who can live without a woman/men in their life, Paul says it's better that way for men and women to remain single... but I'm certainly not one of them.

Won't date someone who doesn't love Jesus though. So... much harder to find. In His time though... in His time...

• Agree
Reactions: Missy945
Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Paul according to Church history was married once, yet not sure what happened to his wife.
Even if that were the case, it must have been before he was a Christian because of this verse said directly after talking about marriage:

1 Corinthians 7:7
For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.

Upvote 0

James of Arc

Venomous Turtle
Site Supporter
Apr 4, 2016
✟30,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I check out women all the time but when they start to talk to me I run away really fast because I am afraid they may want me to become their boyfriend and we cant have that.

Tonight I am going to Celebrate Recovery and there will be about 400 people there with about half being women. I am going to bring a stick to beat them off with.

• Haha
Reactions: Missy945
Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I personally am not!

I am not either.

Although, the last time I purposefully didn't seek out a girlfriend I ended up in love.

It wouldn't be a bad thing, but I had it and "felt the feeling." I am more interested in experiencing other facets of life for now.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I check out women all the time but when they start to talk to me I run away really fast because I am afraid they may want me to become their boyfriend and we cant have that.

Tonight I am going to Celebrate Recovery and there will be about 400 people there with about half being women. I am going to bring a stick to beat them off with.

Celebrate, or *celebate* recovery?

Also, what type of stick?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

James of Arc

Venomous Turtle
Site Supporter
Apr 4, 2016
✟30,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Celebrate, or *celebate* recovery?

Also, what type of stick?

Celebrate, its to rejoice that God is active in our lives and healing us.

I don't know what kind but something I can put into action quick, something with flexibility and sting. May just get a roll of quarters to palm and punch them in the mouth as they approach, don't know yet.

• Haha
Reactions: tatteredsoul
Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Even if that were the case, it must have been before he was a Christian because of this verse said directly after talking about marriage:

1 Corinthians 7:7
For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.
It was before he became a Christian. The two most common theories are that she left him when he converted, or she died.

At the moment, I am not because I do not have the time nor can afford one. When I am done student teaching, I will resume seeking one.

• Informative
Reactions: CodyFaith
Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Celebrate, its to rejoice that God is active in our lives and healing us.

Wow that sounds cool. I have actually never heard of that before.

I don't know what kind but something I can put into action quick, something with flexibility and sting. May just get a roll of quarters to palm and punch them in the mouth as they approach, don't know yet.

Yea, a roll of quarters might do it...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OcifferPls

Berean Baptist
Oct 27, 2016
The Frigid North
✟26,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My first post here on the subject yesterday was a tad negative, and the optimism here is infectious. I have decided that I'm open to dating only God's chosen one, but let's be real here, being the chosen one is good enough for a first date, and maybe two.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you seeking a boyfriend or girlfriend?

No, not really actively seeking, but I think I might go hang around with James, and just kind of be there to console when he runs off.

In all seriousness, I more or less gave up at my age. I won't pretend it doesn't matter, it does, but at the same time, I'm not going to constantly be all torn up about it either.

Que Sera Sera.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Maybe a dog... But I'm in controversy with myself because I don't think it's fair to leave an animal alone in the house all day.

So yeah, tricky...

Reese has the right idea. I've wanted a Siberian Husky since I was 10, it's about time I get one...

Upvote 0