Are you saved?

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're very much a protestant. You presume that salvation is one simple little prayer. I love how protestant think they are something else, so quaint

Ok, lets keep it simple.

Do affirm that the scripture below is true?

Act 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Rom_10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Joh_3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Joh_5:34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.

Joh_10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Act_15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It will never happen. I once like you assumed that God was forced to let me in, but I can say I was baptized and follow Christ. I know the whole spiel of evangelicalism but the big error is assuming salvation is a one time deal, it is not it is life long

I never said salvation was a one time deal. When you are saved you begin life a new creature in Christ.

By your logic, no one can know if they have salvation because all have sinned, this includes Mary, the Apostles, the Disciples..

But you assume they are in heaven right?

Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, lets keep it simple.

Do affirm that the scripture below is true?

Act 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Rom_10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Joh_3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Joh_5:34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.

Joh_10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Act_15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Have you not read my post? I recite the Creed at every Mass and take the body and blood of Christ. I am saved, being saved, and will be saved, but I never presume.

Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I never said salvation was a one time deal. When you are saved, you begin life a new creature in Christ.

You believe in one prayer and poof your saved, no?

By your logic, no one can know if they have salvation because all have sinned, this includes Mary, the Apostles, the Disciples..

We should never presume who has salvation and who does not, only God can do that

But you assume they are in heaven right?

Of course because the Church has declared such

Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Then you don't know.

It's that simple.

Of course, but unlike you I do not presume

I do presume, I do know. My entire life Changed when I came to Christ and guess what, I still repent of my sin, but I've been sanctified by the Blood of Jesus Christ.

Preusumption is a sin, we must never presume upon God's grace

And if I am to believe in his word, I am saved, not on my terms, but on his.

Did I say anything against that? No, of course God saves by His Grace alone by faith

Upvote 0
G

GratiaCorpusChristi

<staff edit>

But Romans 10:9 says "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe with your heart than God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

Satan's belief comes from his knowledge. Our belief comes from God's grace. People who believe are saved. They don't need to prove it to you or anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is the sin of presumption?

Full Question

I don't understand the sin of presumption. Is it deciding to sin because one can always go to confession before the actual sin is committed and receive forgiveness? Or is it deciding to sin because it can be confessed later?

Answer

This is how the old Catholic Encyclopedia defines the sin of presumption:
It may be defined as the condition of a soul that, because of a badly regulated reliance on God&#8217;s mercy and power, hopes for salvation without doing anything to deserve it, or for pardon of his sins without repenting of them.
One wonders how sincere a person&#8217;s love for God is when he is so readily willing to sin simply because God is forgiving. God cannot be fooled. He reads hearts and knows our sincerity. To decide to sin is to offend God. To decide to sin because one knows that he can be forgiven is to sin twice. It is to use God, reducing him to a utility at the service of our whim. It is to laugh at his passion and death.
I suggest adapting this prayer from the Divine Mercy Chaplet: "Eternal Father, I offer you the body and blood, soul and divinity of your dearly beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and for protection against this temptation. For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on me and on the whole world."

What is the sin of presumption? | Catholic Answers

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
:doh:Really... Tell me, where else can Gods word be found. Book of Mormon? Quran?
In creation; the psalm tells us that:
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.​
and saint Paul tells us:
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In creation; the psalm tells us that:
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.​
and saint Paul tells us:
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead​

Right, you just pointed out how Gentiles before Christ were saved, the law of God is written on our hearts, so no one has an excuse not to believe in God.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the sin of presumption?

Full Question

I don't understand the sin of presumption. Is it deciding to sin because one can always go to confession before the actual sin is committed and receive forgiveness? Or is it deciding to sin because it can be confessed later?

Answer

This is how the old Catholic Encyclopedia defines the sin of presumption:
It may be defined as the condition of a soul that, because of a badly regulated reliance on God&#8217;s mercy and power, hopes for salvation without doing anything to deserve it, or for pardon of his sins without repenting of them.
One wonders how sincere a person&#8217;s love for God is when he is so readily willing to sin simply because God is forgiving. God cannot be fooled. He reads hearts and knows our sincerity. To decide to sin is to offend God. To decide to sin because one knows that he can be forgiven is to sin twice. It is to use God, reducing him to a utility at the service of our whim. It is to laugh at his passion and death.
I suggest adapting this prayer from the Divine Mercy Chaplet: "Eternal Father, I offer you the body and blood, soul and divinity of your dearly beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and for protection against this temptation. For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on me and on the whole world."

What is the sin of presumption? | Catholic Answers

<staff edit>

What does your bible say?

The church doesn't decide what God says, God decides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.