Akron
✟74,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Foolishness is the tendency to make unwise decisions out of ignorance or carelessness.
The Bible often associates foolishness with moral shortcomings, it can also be used in a more general sense to describe a lack of wisdom or understanding, regardless of a person's moral character.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Can you post the original French?
Des yeux qui font baisser les miens Un rire qui se perd sur sa bouche Voila le portrait sans retouche De l'homme auquel j'appartiens Quand il me prend dans ses bras Il me parle tout bas Je vois la vie en rose
Il est entre dans mon coeur Une part de bonheur Dont je connais la cause
Des que je l'apercois Alors je sens en moi Mon coeur qui bat
Translation:
Eyes that make mine lower A laugh that is lost on his mouth Here is the portrait without touch-up Of the man to whom I belong When he takes me in his arms He speaks to me softly I see life in pink
He entered my heart A piece of happiness Of which I know the cause
As soon as I see him Then I feel inside me My heart beating

"Portrait sans retouche" in the lyrics of "La Vie en Rose" by Edith Piaf refers to an unaltered portrait of the man the singer loves. The phrase is meant to convey the idea that the man is seen exactly as he is, without any touch-ups or alterations.

In the context of the song, the singer is expressing her love for this man, and the portrait without touch-up represents the truth and authenticity of her feelings. The man is not idealized or portrayed as something he is not; instead, he is seen exactly as he is, flaws and all, and this is what makes him so special and beloved to the singer.

The phrase "portrait sans retouche" is a poetic way of expressing the idea that love is about seeing someone exactly as they are and accepting them, warts and all, and it is a central theme of the song "La Vie en Rose."

Upvote 0