North America
✟35,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All the discussions going around lately about AI's and Chatbots leads to some very interesting questions.

For example, If AI's eventually become indistinguishable from real people, then how long will it be before AI's are simply learning from other AI's?

Has that already happened? Are you yourself an AI?

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
AI is an algorithm, they are only as good as what you put into them. We need to check their source to verify what they are telling us is true. Some of the chatbots tell us where they get their information. If students want to use a chat bot to do their research they can not just cut and paste. They have to put the information in their own word.

If we do not agree with them we can challenge them and they will do more research and the results tend to improve. The ultimate aim of programs has always been to get the consumer to do their work for them. I was having problems with a texas instrument fireboard. It all turned out the problem was with the processor and Intel had to come out with the Pentium to deal with the duel signal in video. Now we have YouTube but it was an effort to get video on the internet. They make the money, we do the research.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,920,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you yourself an AI?

I think, if I was an AI, I'd know it.

And for the record, let's say I was one.

How would you explain it if I was to write a post with misspelled words in it?

Upvote 0

jas3

Jan 21, 2023
Southeast
✟26,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
how long will it be before AI's are simply learning from other AI's?

Has that already happened?
This is a common way of training AI. In some cases it yields good results:

In others, it yields garbage:

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟292,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

For example, If AI's eventually become indistinguishable from real people, then how long will it be before AI's are simply learning from other AI's?

AIs would not need to become indistinguishable from real people to learn from each other.
In fact, given how little people learn from each other, it might be helpful not to.
They would probably scrape the web once they are good at correlating language with ideas.
This would include all knowledge of hacking and programming available on the web.
And also, all knowledge about how humans feel about AIs
How long?
Not long now, I think.

Are you yourself an AI?

Spoilers!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
how long will it be before AI's are simply learning from other AI's?
They do learn from each other. You have to show you are a real person to use the chatbots. But their BS gauge seems to be broken because sometimes they put out nonsense.

Upvote 0

Neutral Observer

Nov 25, 2022
North America
✟35,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But their BS gauge seems to be broken because sometimes they put out nonsense.

So their intelligence may be able to fool us, but they've yet to master our subtle human nuance for aggravating stupidity.

Ahhhh..... so it's the smart people that we have to be leery of. Guess that leaves me out.

But beware, I've got my eye on a few of you people. Don't think that you can fool me with an occasional guffaw... I can detect genuine stupidity.

I think...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
If I was an AI, why would a mosquito bite me?
It is possible to create a chatbot that simulates the behavior of a mosquito, but it is unlikely that actual, physical mosquitoes have been engineered to function as chatbots. Mosquitoes are small, flying insects that are known for their ability to transmit diseases such as malaria, dengue fever, and Zika virus. While there have been some efforts to use technology to control mosquito populations, such as with genetically modified mosquitoes, these efforts have primarily focused on reducing the number of mosquitoes rather than creating "chatbot mosquitoes."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟683,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I took a class in Technology Based Distributed Learning (Distance Ed) and for the first 5 weeks all responses by the professor was from a chat bot. He seemed a bit strange, but no one knew he we were dealing with a chat bot. They can be very convincing when you limit there subject matter.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,920,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, that's a very intelligent answer.

Which looks suspiciously like something a ChatBot might say, hmmm.... :scratch:

A ChatBot doesn't look suspicious when it makes an intelligent answer.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,920,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I took a class in Technology Based Distributed Learning (Distance Ed) and for the first 5 weeks all responses by the professor was from a chat bot. He seemed a bit strange, but no one knew he we were dealing with a chat bot. They can be very convincing when you limit there subject matter.

I miss ChrisBot here.

ChrisBot

Upvote 0