Are You a TRUE Christian?

CSMPreacherMan

Christian Support
Feb 10, 2004
Visit site
✟15,161.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So many out there profess to be a Christian, yet the light of Christ does not shine forth from them. Trivial matters over shadow prayer and study of God's Word each and every day. It's so easy to become caught up in other things that the One who laid down His life for us suddenly takes second place to even the most meaningless things.

Movies, tv, video games and other past times easily take precedence over our Lord and Saviour. Time that could be used in study, prayer, or fellowship with our brothers and sisters in Christ is endlessly squandered away. Not to mention the countless missed opportunities to share Christ with the many lost souls out there, who, without the knowledge of Christ, are doomed to eternal suffering.

It's time to wake up folks. It's time to take a stand. It's time to quit saying, "I'm a Christian" and actually BE a Christian.

There are so many out there who have a misconception of what a true Christian is. To them, it's merely going to church, tithing, reading the Bible a couple of times a week, occasionally saying a prayer, and basically staying out of trouble. Well, I have to tell you, there's a lot more to it than just that.

How many out there can honestly say that they spend a minimum of just one hour each day in prayer and study of God's word? Just one meager hour out of twenty four?

How many out there can honestly say that they witness to just one person each week? Just one person in seven days time?

How many out there can honestly say that they spend just one day out of each month helping the needy? Just one day, or even half a day, helping those who can't help themselves can make such a big difference in someone's life. Anyone?

Can you skip that tv show just to have a little more time to read your Bible and spend time talking to your Father?

Can you put away those video games long enough to simply give an unsaved friend a call and minister to him?

Can you skip just one night out on the town each month and donate that time to some people who could really use a little bit of help, or merely just someone to talk to?

When Christ walked the face of this earth, He had the same opportunities to squander His time away as we do. Fortunately for us, He didn't. Each and every day of His life was spent doing His Father's will. Each and every day He stayed in the Word, prayed, and ministered.

Are we so much better than Christ that we can be slack in our duties? Professing to be a Christian and actually being one are two different things. Being a Christian means to be Christ-like. In other words, letting the Light within us shine forth for the world to see. And the only way this can be done is through our ACTIONS. As the old adage goes, actions do speak louder than words.

So I ask you, are you doing everything you possibly can to try to live up to the standards Christ set before you? Or are you happy as you are, knowing that you could be doing more, but not? The days are growing short, and you have a great decision to make. I only pray that you make the right one.

The souls of countless unsaved people that need a true Christian to come into their lives and plant the seeds of God's Holy Word depend on what you decide.

Have a good day and God bless,
CSM_PreacherMan

CSMPreacherMan

Christian Support
Feb 10, 2004
Visit site
✟15,161.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Arneldos,

I must say, I was quite surprised by your response. I have posted this to several Christian forums and this is the very 1st negative feedback I have received. Most feedback has been similiar to that of Future Preacher.

Possibly you could elaborate a bit more on why you feel this would cause hatred and seperation in the church, considering it is merely pointing out the faults of the individual, which we all share. I'm afraid there must be some sort of misunderstanding somewhere, which I would be happy to clear it up for you if you'd like.

Have a good day and God bless,
CSM_PreacherMan

Upvote 0

roadie432002

Jesus is Lord
Sep 22, 2003
kentucky
Visit site
✟285.00
Faith
Protestant
hey preacherman.agree with everything you said.dont know what Arneldos problem is.its important when having a conversation with someone that you dont know and are talking about salvation to know that you are both on the same page when using terms.some cults use the same terms but they have totally different meanings.from what i have seen a lot of people here are just playing games and do not accept the truth when its put before them.i doubt that a lot of them even read the scriptures posted to make a point. Jesus is Lord.

Upvote 0

RangeMaster

Into the Light
Feb 29, 2004
Norfolk, VA
✟165.00
Faith
Christian
On several occasions the Apostle Paul confronted his brothers in Christ, with letters. Should we not gently confront each other about things that we do wrong? I think we should. We all need this type of accountability at different times in our life. Are we not accountable to each other? Yes! We are.

CMSPreacherMan, I think your original post was great. I know I needed to hear it. Thank you.

Rodney :)

Upvote 0

AirForceTeacher

King of the Wicker People
Feb 23, 2004
The south
✟20,617.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it's appropriate to offer this devotion as a chance for people to search their own heart. Arneldos is right, accusing others about their Christianity can cause pain, but I don't think this was preacher_man's. I hope that preacher_man asked these questions because they are questions he asks of himself.

I'm going through a crisis in my life, mostly of my own creation, that could have been avoided had I been truly asking myself these questions. A month ago, I might have been offended by the post. Actually not offended, but would have been indignant due to my guilt. Now, I have to set aside 'fun time' for counseleing prayer and study of the word to save my marriage. I know I've got a hard road ahead. It would be a lot better road if I'd been following God the way I was supposed to be.

God bless you all

Upvote 0

CSMPreacherMan

Christian Support
Feb 10, 2004
Visit site
✟15,161.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Just a bit of info on this article:

This article was originally written on 2/29/2004 at around 2:00 in the morning. Just a couple of hours before, I was in chat with a few guys who were looking for answers to life's everyday problems. The more we chatted, the more I began to see myself in these people. Not only was I giving counsel to them, but myself at the same time. Or, should I say, the Holy Spirit was giving cousel through me to all of us, myself included.

After the goodbyes from the chat session, I sat and thought about everything that had just been said. Not only by them, but myself also. Simply put, I could not get this conversation off my mind. I began to ask myself the very questions I have put before everyone else in this article, and before I realised what was going on, I had begun typing.

After I had finished, I sat back and read and re-read what I had just typed. Not only did I see myself in this conviction, but countless others as well.

At first, I was in denial. I couldn't believe that I wasn't giving my all. I read the article once more just to be sure, and then I realised the bitter truth: I wasn't giving my all. With this realisation, I immediately asked God for forgiveness, and after a long talk with my heavenly Father, I posted this article to my own site.

Since then, I've posted this same article to several other sites. The Lord has laid it upon my heart that these words need to be spread, in an effort to bring His children to a closer relationship with Him.

There is no evil intent, nor judgement being passed by these words. Only a cry from a Father who wishes to be as close to His children as He possibly can.

God bless,
CSM_PreacherMan

Upvote 0

Ginsu

Professional Garden Gnome Placement Manager
Mar 5, 2004
Manitoba, Canada
Visit site
✟10,324.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I agree with the article, to many times I have been doing random silly things like playing too much games or wasting time while on the internet. I really need to get into Gods word more and pray more. But I find it difficult to study Gods word because I have a learning disorder and I get easily discouraged. But I'll pray to ask for help. Thank goodness someone came up with the study bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums