Sydney
✟7,759.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
No because I don't want facts, I am not trying to determine anything, I am only wanting your opinion on whether or not you are good, whatever you think good is.

I think people are trying too stinking hard with this question.

Haha sorry bruv but I wasn't trying hard and I was being honest - don't ask questions if you want to control the answers :p

I'm not saying I don't think that I do have some good qualities and traits, and do try to be a good person. I mean I'd consider myself a compassionate, empathic, kind, gentle, nonjudgemental, forgiving person.

But I'm far from perfect, and make a lot of terrible choices and turn my back on God far too often. And those things are part of the reality as well. Honestly, my "naughty" items on Santa's list aren't very pretty lol :p

:)

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Guys this is really depressing...

You could make this thread into a survey.

I would say Yes and/or No.

You are depressed because the word "good" in your question is a conclusion of a pretty complicated system. In other word, the question is not simple, but is pretty complicated.

For example, you forgot a factor: Time. The unit could be hours, days, or years.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Lee M. Jesus tells a Lawyer in Matthew 22: 35-40: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. The second is like it: Love your neighbour as yourself."
Then Jesus points out: " On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets. God wants our Love, freely given and NO condition tagged on.
We all know what God means and what God wants from us, the Greek call it:
AGAPE. Jesus promised us His Love and Joy: " Ask and ye shall receive,"
( Matthew 7: 7-10) then we ask God and thank God, and then share all Love and Joy with our neighbour: all around us. God will see our sincere efforts, and God will approve and bless us.
The same in Luke 10: 25-28: Jesus tells the Lawyer: " You know the Commandments to Love God and love your neighbour, DO THESE and Thou Shalt Live." Are we good persons? " Not to start: but Jesus told us what God wants from us: Love God with all our beings, and love our neighbour as we love ourselves. God made us in His image, and we know what Love is:
To be a good person is to follow our Lord`s Commandments. We must ask and then thank God for the Love and Joy, then share it all with our neighbour.
God is Love and God wants loving children/sons and daughters. Jesus our Saviour will help and guide us: JESUS IS THE WAY. I say this with love.
Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0
R

RickardoHolmes

IF you mean by living by one's standards, then of course.
I strive for Honesty, Loving my fellow man, doing deeds which only benefit, and do not harm. But to me, that is a definition of good. Doing those things which help and empower a person to live their life to the most abundant means available.

If I said one thing, but did something else, I would be a hypocrite. And I do not want to be one of those.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums