Are human remains ever found with dinosaurs?

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am taken aback.
What I mean is, how were they allowed to continue to think like this without being corrected? if a child keeps thinking like a child well into adulthood don't you think something should be done about it? if a person continued to speak like a child when they are adults the person would be given treatment so why not treatment for a person who continues to think like a child?

You don't think people correct their irrational thoughts or attempt to?

What you don't seem to understand, is trying to correct people with a certain psychological need to believe something, won't make a bit of difference and will only engage their well developed defense mechanisms.

Which in fact, is one of the reasons I enjoy this site, I find it highly interesting, how human psychology works in these situations.

Reactions: Locutus
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...and dinosaurs needed physical angels "watching over" them, because...?
The thing to do is to search the Bible to study all the passages that talk about the "Eyes of the Lord". As I said an angel would be assigned to keep an eye on the dinosaurs and to report any problems. When Ezekiel was talking about the Cherub he described lots and lots of eyes. "12Their whole body, their backs, their hands, their wings and the wheels were full of eyes all around, the wheels belonging to all four of them." Eze10

"The eyes of the LORD are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good." Prov15:3

We are told what happened was the Satan was mad with God and wanted to even the score by getting God's creation to destroy itself. So He stirred up trouble to get the dinosaurs to fight and attack each other. He does that today in that he tries to stir up problems and get people to fight battles and wage war. "But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another. " Gal5:15

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The thing to do is to search the Bible to study all the passages that talk about the "Eyes of the Lord". As I said an angel would be assigned to keep an eye on the dinosaurs and to report any problems. When Ezekiel was talking about the Cherub he described lots and lots of eyes. "12Their whole body, their backs, their hands, their wings and the wheels were full of eyes all around, the wheels belonging to all four of them." Eze10

"The eyes of the LORD are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good." Prov15:3
So why don't we find angel footprints all over the place?

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well there is this list: http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_meritt/bible-contradictions.html
And this one: http://www.answering-christianity.com/101_bible_contradictions.htm
And this one: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/page/bible-contradictions
That's just the first three I found but I'm sure there are many many more.

I suppose if the bible says something happened on a Wednesday in one part and on a Friday in another you won't think it's a contradiction because you will say it still happened on a day of the week.

The Bible is made up of stories told by people over many generations and they were changed with every telling, if two people wrote down the stories they hear it's only natural that they will write down two different versions of the same story, it's what happened in the NT, four people wrote about a story they had heard that's why there are four different versions of the same story.

All this shows is that you do not understand what the Bible says. I can not teach you the truth, that is the Job of the Holy Spirit of God. You have to discover truth for yourself. Here is an example:

10. How many pairs of clean animals did God tell Noah to take into the Ark?

• Two (Genesis 6:19, 20)
  • Seven (Genesis 7:2). But despite this last instruction only two pairs went into the ark (Genesis 7:8-9)
If you read the Bible anyone can plainly see that there were two of the unclean and seven of the clean animals taken into the ark. No many how many pratts you come up with a closer look always gives a true understanding of the Bible. I have checked out many many many so called contradictions and never once has one been substantiated.

Do we really want scoffers and skeptics to interpret the Bible for us or do we allow the Holy Spirit of God to guide us and lead us into all truth. God is going to allow us to be tested so that we can become stronger. So by all means study the so called contradictions and you will find that there are no real contradictions in the Bible. This will strengthen your faith in God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
The thing to do is to search the Bible to study all the passages that talk about the "Eyes of the Lord". As I said an angel would be assigned to keep an eye on the dinosaurs and to report any problems.

Isn't God supposed to be omniscient and all-knowing? Why would he need angels to watch over dinosaurs?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isn't God supposed to be omniscient and all-knowing? Why would he need angels to watch over dinosaurs?
The word omniscient is not in the Bible so there is nothing I can do with it. The Bible says: "their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more."

caa40637f45170acdd39c27865b4db59.jpg

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am taken aback.
What I mean is, how were they allowed to continue to think like that without being corrected? if a person continued to speak like a child when they were adults the person would be given treatment so why not treatment for a person who continues to think like a child? I have never come across anyone who thinks and speaks like that in the UK, it may not be unusual in the US but it certainly is here.
Actually, polls indicate that far more than 30% of people in the UK are also religious, with Christianity being the primary religion amongst them, so it is odd that you don't seem to encounter religious people more frequently. Perhaps people keep it to themselves more, given that to many, talking about religion is a taboo subject.

Upvote 0

Jay Follett

Mar 6, 2016
UK
✟1,705.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Actually, polls indicate that far more than 30% of people in the UK are also religious, with Christianity being the primary religion amongst them, so it is odd that you don't seem to encounter religious people more frequently. Perhaps people keep it to themselves more, given that to many, talking about religion is a taboo subject.
I will tell how it is in the UK, religious people here come and go just as they do in the US they work and they play in exactly the same way, the one thing that's different is they keep their religion to themselves, Christians in the UK see their religion as a private thing, what they believe has nothing to do with me, it's between them and their God, if people in the UK don't tell you they are religious (and very few of them do) no one would ever know, religious people tend to mix with other religious people and do the things religious people do, it's a live and let live system, you mind your own business and I will mind mine, there are no such things as atheists there are just people who believe and people who don't, what you believe is absolutely nothing to do with me and I won't know you believe something crazy if you don't tell me.

Pretty well everyone attends church weddings, christenings and funerals but that means nothing as far as religion is concerned, those things are a tradition and not to be taken seriously in a religious sense, pretty country churches are booked for brides to have a nice day and take nice photo's.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I will tell how it is in the UK, religious people here come and go just as they do in the US they work and they play in exactly the same way, the one thing that's different is they keep their religion to themselves, Christians in the UK see their religion as a private thing, what they believe has nothing to do with me, it's between them and their God, if people in the UK don't tell you they are religious (and very few of them do) no one would ever know, religious people tend to mix with other religious people and do the things religious people do, it's a live and let live system, you mind your own business and I will mind mine, there are no such things as atheists there are just people who believe and people who don't, what you believe is absolutely nothing to do with me and I won't know you believe something crazy if you don't tell me.
From personal experience, the same applies to the majority of the United States (excluding the bible belt), it is just that when the people are vocal about it, they tend to go all out.

Pretty well everyone attends church weddings, christenings and funerals but that means nothing as far as religion is concerned, those things are a tradition and not to be taken seriously in a religious sense.
How the funeral is performed is often considered to be a serious religious matter for nearly all religions except Christianity, which is interesting. Hindus especially view the handling of bodies as requiring certain steps and care, which varies depending on sect.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If the forces that made DNA work changed, DNA wouldn't work anymore.
Who says? It would not work the same though.

No human is a threat to a deity, nor could god not simply remake people better. Also, if god does exist, clearly we don't have the capacity to reach this being on our terms.
It is not for being a threat to God our state was changed but more likely to limit the damage we can do here to other men.

Hitler killed himself, so no, his max lifespan potential was irrelevant.
If he knew he had over 9 centuries left to live you think he may have changed strategies?

Unless you are a conspiracy theorist. Furthermore, you assume that the biblical people that lived long aged slowly, which I would hope so, but the bible never says as much.
Being full of days seems to indicate being old. There is no reason to think kids looked old.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Who says? It would not work the same though.
I say so, pulling from my understanding of genetics, chemistry, and biology, which are all significantly greater than yours in terms of education. Unless god constantly was managing every chemical process in every cell of every living thing, there is no means by which DNA could be different in terms of chemical properties as to have the effects you desire. None. Absolutely. Positively. None. This isn't saying that it couldn't be different, just not to the degree and in the ways it would have to be to behave even remotely close as you imply occurred in the "prior state".

It is not for being a threat to God our state was changed but more likely to limit the damage we can do here to other men.
Pretty sure our activities have damaged the whole planet. Even if you think global warming is a hoax, surely you don't view the fallout from various atomic weapons and disasters as fake or lacking in damaging effects.

If he knew he had over 9 centuries left to live you think he may have changed strategies?
No, because he was insane.

Being full of days seems to indicate being old. There is no reason to think kids looked old.
According to your reasoning, there is no reason to think that they didn't look old by today's standards.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I say so, pulling from my understanding of genetics, chemistry, and biology, which are all significantly greater than yours in terms of education.
You fail to realize that you are talking about present laws and the present state and how it works. You are not privy to how the former state worked! You are no expert on it, or even mildly familiar with it! How chemicals behave and atoms bond, and interactions happen depends on the forces of nature, the laws of physics of today. If they were different then all bets are off.

Unless god constantly was managing every chemical process in every cell of every living thing, there is no means by which DNA could be different in terms of chemical properties as to have the effects you desire. None. Absolutely. Positively. None. This isn't saying that it couldn't be different, just not to the degree and in the ways it would have to be to behave even remotely close as you imply occurred in the "prior state".
Yes, there is a way. If the forces that make things bond and the forces that govern atoms and etc were different that will do it.
Pretty sure our activities have damaged the whole planet. Even if you think global warming is a hoax, surely you don't view the fallout from various atomic weapons and disasters as fake or lacking in damaging effects.
Man cannot blow up the planet, or kill all men! You just thought he could maybe. God will not allow it. Man has no power like that. It is limited. There are rules.

No, because he was insane.
He fooled a lot of folks then. There were many wicked people in history. If it was known they should expect to live nearly 1000 years, many would have done more damage.

According to your reasoning, there is no reason to think that they didn't look old by today's standards.

There is no reason to think Adam's kids looked like geriatrics by any standards!

Upvote 0

Locutus

May 28, 2014
✟22,874.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
From personal experience, the same applies to the majority of the United States (excluding the bible belt), it is just that when the people are vocal about it, they tend to go all out.

How the funeral is performed is often considered to be a serious religious matter for nearly all religions except Christianity, which is interesting. Hindus especially view the handling of bodies as requiring certain steps and care, which varies depending on sect.

That's because Christians are so squeamish about death. They don't care for it, so don't want to 'focus'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Locutus

May 28, 2014
✟22,874.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
This is unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable, how was this kind of thinking allowed to happen?

Because no one ever says "it's just a made up story, used to get kids to behave prior to Yulefest". Check out Dark Matter 2525 on YT. He has a vid on how difficult it is to break the chains, and it's really effective. It demonstrates beautifully all the layers of consolidation of the idea - starting at birth.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's because Christians are so squeamish about death. They don't care for it, so don't want to 'focus'.
Most humans are "squeamish" about death in one way or another. It fills me so much with despair that I cried attending the funeral of someone I had only met once as a little kid. I was choking up more than his own kids. I guess the ambiance gets to me. It was rather awkward trying to reduce my emotional reaction, because I didn't want to make a scene or seem more sad than his actual family.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Because no one ever says "it's just a made up story, used to get kids to behave prior to Yulefest". Check out Dark Matter 2525 on YT. He has a vid on how difficult it is to break the chains, and it's really effective. It demonstrates beautifully all the layers of consolidation of the idea - starting at birth.
Oh yeah, I've watched his stuff before. I'm a huge fan of informing through satire.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT

Please be respectful to each other.

Please discuss the OP topic and not each other.

If your post is missing it's for this reason.

Lets see if this helps. This is a picture of the Delk Prints....where a human footprint and a dino print are found in the same mud.

delk-print1.jpg

Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0