Are human remains ever found with dinosaurs?

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ha. I see today they just flushed another BILLION imaginary evo years down the toilet.

"A form of multicellular life visible to the naked eye may have emerged nearly a billion years earlier than scientists once thought."

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/156-billion-year-old-fossils-add-drama-earth’s-‘boring-billion’?tgt=nr

Christians, pray for the poor kids that might have believed this steaming pile of religious chicanery.

I'm not sure that you're in a position to be pouring scorn on scientific issues.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Ha. I see today they just flushed another BILLION imaginary evo years down the toilet.

"A form of multicellular life visible to the naked eye may have emerged nearly a billion years earlier than scientists once thought."

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/156-billion-year-old-fossils-add-drama-earth’s-‘boring-billion’?tgt=nr

Christians, pray for the poor kids that might have believed this steaming pile of religious chicanery.

How does that flush it down the toilet?

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟233,773.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

So scientists (note, not creationists) researching evolution have made a discovery which improves the theory of evolution. That's how science works.

Sounds all good for evolution. Fascinating article.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So scientists (note, not creationists) researching evolution have made a discovery which improves the theory of evolution. That's how science works.

Sounds all good for evolution. Fascinating article.
I guess one could say flushing a billion years down the toilet is an improvement!

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The reason human remains aren't found alongside thunder lizard remains is because humans ( Referring to Homo Sapiens ) are generally agreed to have become a distinct species ~200,000 years ago. .
The imaginary timescale aside, another reason man would not be found is because in the former nature man could not fossilize. Do not preach your fantasies as fact here.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What are you talking about?
I think he is acting out his resentment that science can change its conclusions in the face of new evidence and we still like it better than what he sees as the certainty of YECism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
I think he is acting out his resentment that science can change its conclusions in the face of new evidence and we still like it better than what he sees as the certainty of YECism.

Creationist: I don't accept the conclusions of scientists because the scientists are always changing their mind.

Scientist: So what would make you accept the findings of scientists?

Creationists: If they changed their mind about creationism.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Care to prove that my beliefs are fantasies, or that yours aren't?
Do not compare your admitted beliefs with the beliefs of others. Especially if others are well rounded founded on the word of God. What you needed to do was show that what you push on us as science was actually more than a belief.

This is news?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Do not compare your admitted beliefs with the beliefs of others. Especially if others are well rounded founded on the word of God. What you needed to do was show that what you push on us as science was actually more than a belief.

This is news?

The computer that you are using is irrefutable evidence for the science side. What evidence do you have for yours? Specific examples are needed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Just imagine, how much cognitive dissonance that creates in fundies.

I was like that about ten years ago just after I became a Christian in my teens. Went full YEC, and this was someone who always had a deep interest in science.

Thankfully that phase didn't last long. Looking back the cognitive dissonance was just painful but so powerful. It was essential that my religious beliefs trumped anything scientists could say. Any contradicting evidence felt like a personal attack and I was simply scared to give up my beliefs because I felt it was wrong and sinful.

Nowadays I look back on myself as a naïve, weak-willed idiot.

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The imaginary timescale aside, another reason man would not be found is because in the former nature man could not fossilize. Do not preach your fantasies as fact here.
You just claim those people couldn't fossilize arbitrarily. However, we find tons of hominid fossils, including Cro Magnons, which are essentially very early representations of our own species. You don't win debates through baseless claims. If early humans could not fossilize, you have to demonstrate a mechanism for it, and evidence to back it. If you can't do both of those things, then you might as well be telling me the universe is a bird egg that hatched.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Also,why shouldn't I compare my acceptance of science as fact, with the religious beliefs of others?
Because it should stand on it's own if it is fact based, not need to hide under the skirt of other beliefs.

Upvote 0