Appeals Court: Trump's 'Emergency' to Build the Wall with Military Funds is Illegal

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
LINK

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday ruled that President Trump’s use of emergency powers to allocate millions of dollars in funding for the construction of a southern border wall was illegal, the latest blow to the Trump administration’s effort to limit immigration.

In the 2-1 decision, the court upheld a December 2019 district court summary judgment in favor of a request from the advocacy groups the Sierra Club and the Southern Border Communities Coalition against Defense Secretary Mark Esper, acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf and “all persons acting under their direction ... from using military construction funds appropriated for other purposes to build a border wall.”

The appeals court said that while the district court had previously agreed to suspend an official order stopping construction pending the government’s appeal, Friday’s ruling lifts that stay, thus ordering the immediate halting of border wall construction.

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
LINK

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday ruled that President Trump’s use of emergency powers to allocate millions of dollars in funding for the construction of a southern border wall was illegal, the latest blow to the Trump administration’s effort to limit immigration.

In the 2-1 decision, the court upheld a December 2019 district court summary judgment in favor of a request from the advocacy groups the Sierra Club and the Southern Border Communities Coalition against Defense Secretary Mark Esper, acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf and “all persons acting under their direction ... from using military construction funds appropriated for other purposes to build a border wall.”

The appeals court said that while the district court had previously agreed to suspend an official order stopping construction pending the government’s appeal, Friday’s ruling lifts that stay, thus ordering the immediate halting of border wall construction.

Wow, this is a shocker coming from the 9th liberal district.

Trump will appeal to the Supreme Court, no doubt.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi ES,

Well, hopefully it will forestall the funds long enough to remove the guy that's pushing for the money. Something tells me that's going to be the very first piece of Trump's administration that will fall apart once he's gone. Building the wall. Hopefully the very next will be reevaluating the effectiveness of trade tariffs against our trade partners.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

If the Democrats take the Senate and Biden wins, this farce will be shelved.

How much has Mexico paid?

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Mexico's military is guarding your southern border as we speak, 25,000 strong.

Have been for quite a while.

Keep on dreaming of a Biden/Harris victory.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟994,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah right! Big farce. Let's just open our borders and let Al Qaeda, Hezbollah, PLF, Boko Haram etc, come in and hijack some more planes.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mexico's military is guarding your southern border as we speak, 25,000 strong.

Have been for quite a while.

Keep on dreaming of a Biden/Harris victory.
Paying for the wall isn’t the same thing as Mexico doing what it was already doing.

You have your dreams, I have mine.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah right! Big farce. Let's just open our borders and let Al Qaeda, Hezbollah, PLF, Boko Haram etc, come in and hijack some more planes.
We don’t need to do that. We’ve got militia gun nuts for that work.

Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi DA,

Somehow, I think that if I thought like you, I'd be afraid to cross the street. Just imagine all of the terrible things that might happen. A wild and crazed gunman could shoot you right out in the middle of the street and you'd have no place to hide. A distracted driver could plow you down and leave your bloody body strewn all across three lanes of traffic. An airplane could come down from the sky and you be right where the point of it's nose touched down. A building could be blown up and you'd have no place to hide from all the rubble raining down and shards of glass piercing through your body.

You'd better stay home. I wouldn't risk going out to vote.

Seriously, you don't think that Al Qaeda, Hezbollah, PLF, Boko Haram, etc. can't get into our country any other way but through the Mexican border. Let me ask you. Do you know how the 9/11 hijackers gained entry into our country? All but one of them came into our country on legal tourist/business visas. One used a student visa. Not a one of them crossed the Mexican border to gain entry into our country. Yet, here you are, shaking in your boots, that if we don't close the Mexican border, we're going to be overrun by the types of people you describe.

You've really got to quit drinking the Kool-Aid. Listen, I know you don't want to accept this next statement as true, but it is and has been proven. Donald Trump is a liar. He makes up whatever he thinks is going to push your button. It would appear that he has been successful with you.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

If Trump's Supreme Court picks are true to the constitution, as they were supposed to be, then I don't think it will pass in the Supreme Court, ironically. I think he overstepped on this one. I'm all in favor of border control, but funding major projects is the responsibility of the House, isn't it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Paying for the wall isn’t the same thing as Mexico doing what it was already doing.

You have your dreams, I have mine.

Have you heard of any caravans coming through the border lately?

Thanks to Trump he worked it out.

The SC will decide if the spending is appropriate, the 9th district is a joke.

True, we have different dreams, but are both still Americans my friend.

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If Trump's Supreme Court picks are true to the constitution, as they were supposed to be, then I don't think it will pass in the Supreme Court, ironically. I think he overstepped on this one. I'm all in favor of border control, but funding major projects is the responsibility of the House, isn't it?

It is my understanding that all spending must go through Congress, which would mean you are correct.

How Trump allocated the spending and whether it is legal, I don't know.

Trump has some very intelligent folks working for him, I can't see him doing such a thing without a presidential loophole.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

a8296d4a-4554-4b57-9e43-f1ac7100cc2a.JPG

The SC will decide if the spending is appropriate, the 9th district is a joke.
SCOTUS may not be the rubber stamp conservatives dream about.
True, we have different dreams, but are both still Americans my friend.
:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Were you a comedian at some point in your life, that burned out van is funny man. lol
I was but I realized I preferred eating over starving.

• Haha
Reactions: Charlie24
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

How about we don't demonize refugees who are tired, poor, and yearning to be free, waste a stupid amount of money on a stupid wall, but we ALSO keep our borders secure against, oh I don't know, the groups you mentioned.

Like, it's not either-or. It's not, build a wall and treat immigrants and refugees like the hellspawn of the devil OR bring in a big welcome sign for every terrorist organization in the world to come freely murder everyone.

Stop fear-mongering. It's unbecoming of a Christian.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Or you could stop fantasizing. Say, what steps has the US government taken since 9-11 to ensure temporary US visa holders do not overstay?

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

No, it's not quite close enough to the election to start spinning up that story again. Give it a few weeks and the far-right messaging will ramp up again, only to miraculously stop right after voting ends. Very predictable. The only question is why people keep falling for it.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
There's no more need to fly planes into buildings. The first wave of planes already dealt a killing blow. Like all big buildings, the USA just needs some time to crumble.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seriously, you don't think that Al Qaeda, Hezbollah, PLF, Boko Haram, etc. can't get into our country any other way but through the Mexican border. Let me ask you. Do you know how the 9/11 hijackers gained entry into our country? All but one of them came into our country on legal tourist/business visas. One used a student visa. Not a one of them crossed the Mexican border to gain entry into our country. Yet, here you are, shaking in your boots, that if we don't close the Mexican border, we're going to be overrun by the types of people you describe.
The Boston Marathon Bombers came here as children from Russia (?) with their mother.

Upvote 0