Anyone here able or want to give me a prophecy?

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
however discussion 'about " prophecy is fully allowed ..as is questioning .
i would be interested to know the 'why" behind the request

Hmmm .... the why? I have found it has always helped me and encouraged me in the past. Could potentially clear up some issues I am thinking about in my self.

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm .... the why? I have found it has always helped me and encouraged me in the past. Could potentially clear up some issues I am thinking about in my self.

Whatever the issue is, you can bet God already has clear wisdom that would easily apply to the matter written in the scriptures.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
aah , yes ,clarification .wouldn't is be nice haha though clarification is not so much faith as sight.Abraham went by faith, not because he knew where he was going, but because he DIDN'T specifically know . but we so often already know the course we are to take just not the detail .and i think also that his guidance is so often misrepresented .
we think he says go here and do this and wait for detail before we move on it .. and so , we seldom move at all .
but it is as we use what we already know and step out in faith .. that we find he then guides ..AS WE GO .. not before we go .

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
As CF forum rules forbid people from giving others prophecies or "prophecies", even if we were to ask others for a prophecy, then this would undoubtedly break forum rules, or at worst, it would certainly not meet the spirit of the rules. Even though this rule came into being before my time on the forum, I could well imagine the damage that occurred when wannabe so called prophets gave "words" to those who were maybe less able to discern what is of the Spirit and what is not. We only have to take a look at the numerous odd-ball celebrity "prophets" who are on the airwaves with their often eccentric and goofy prophecies.

As the Scriptures only appear to speak of congregational prophets, where even Agabus who came down from Jerusalem to Caesarea was known to the group that Paul was meeting with, then by default, I could easily claim that the Scriptures only speak of congregational prophets or at least with prophets who were known to those who received their words. Of course we can only ponder with what Paul would have thought about how we utilise electronic media to communicate the Word and with how prophecies are so easily transmitted as well.

One aspect of contemporary (Western) Pentecostal church life is that we are currrently seeing what appears to be a demise with congregational prophecy, where maybe the odd-ball antics of the many phoney celebrity "prophets" are making people a bit gun-shy when it comes to speaking out prophecies - which in itself is a great shame.

Edit: Typo

Please avoid being like Pharisees.

Upvote 0