Anyone here able or want to give me a prophecy?

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

To start right off the bat, I am not a young Christian, I have been around the traps a fair bit. I am not in any desperate need for a prophecy, and I am not the jovial type so I am not doing it for fun. I just know that some times God gives gifts to His church to edify and build up, and even correct. I just wondered if there was any one here with that gift, seeing this is a Spirit Filled section of the forum.

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It has been my experience that true prophecy comes forth within the context of healthy, authentic relationships within the Body of Christ. And often times, it happens organically without the giver necessarily even knowing it's happening. That, I believe, is God's will and way when it comes to prophecy.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, you might want to go and check the forum rules as CF rightfully does not allow personal prophecies on the forum, this is something that is best kept at local congregational level.

Oh ok ... no worries ... did not know.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's nothing wrong with asking for a prophetic word. If someone has one for you, they could use private message.

Where in Scripture does it state congregational level?

We seem to make our own ideas as to how the manifestations of The Spirit should operate/be revealed.

Yes, it does say "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." Matt 7:20 We're not to let our fruit inspection badges override the commandment to love (Matt 22).
It also says to try the spirits to see if they're of God. I John 4:1

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There's nothing wrong with asking for a prophetic word. If someone has one for you, they could use private message.
As CF forum rules forbid people from giving others prophecies or "prophecies", even if we were to ask others for a prophecy, then this would undoubtedly break forum rules, or at worst, it would certainly not meet the spirit of the rules. Even though this rule came into being before my time on the forum, I could well imagine the damage that occurred when wannabe so called prophets gave "words" to those who were maybe less able to discern what is of the Spirit and what is not. We only have to take a look at the numerous odd-ball celebrity "prophets" who are on the airwaves with their often eccentric and goofy prophecies.

Where in Scripture does it state congregational level?
We seem to make our own ideas as to how the manifestations of The Spirit should operate/be revealed.
Yes, it does say "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." Matt 7:20 We're not to let our fruit inspection badges override the commandment to love (Matt 22).
It also says to try the spirits to see if they're of God. I John 4:1
As the Scriptures only appear to speak of congregational prophets, where even Agabus who came down from Jerusalem to Caesarea was known to the group that Paul was meeting with, then by default, I could easily claim that the Scriptures only speak of congregational prophets or at least with prophets who were known to those who received their words. Of course we can only ponder with what Paul would have thought about how we utilise electronic media to communicate the Word and with how prophecies are so easily transmitted as well.

One aspect of contemporary (Western) Pentecostal church life is that we are currrently seeing what appears to be a demise with congregational prophecy, where maybe the odd-ball antics of the many phoney celebrity "prophets" are making people a bit gun-shy when it comes to speaking out prophecies - which in itself is a great shame.

Edit: Typo

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Just a note ... seeing the whole prophecy thing is a problem for CF ... I won't be asking for one now .... not even by private message. Like the previous poster said it is against the spirit of the ruling.
It's a shame that the forum had to go this way as the words that the Holy Spirit gives to us can be both encouraging and upbuilding, but on any public forum it is probably a recipe for disaster.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for clarifying things, Bib.
Hopfully my comments were not coming across as being anti-prophecy in any way. As I mentioned in my previous posts, I certainly lament how there appears to be a decline with prophecy in our congregational meetings, at least here in the Western sphere of the Church.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In case my post came over as flippant......true story. Mum was 84 then and passed away just before her 95th birthday.
Over the years I suspect that most of us have enountered first hand similar types of prophecies and we undoubtedly will continue to do so up until the Lord returns.

Reactions: GoodGRACEshus
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, you might want to go and check the forum rules as CF rightfully does not allow personal prophecies on the forum, this is something that is best kept at local congregational level.
hello biblicist :D

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just a note ... seeing the whole prophecy thing is a problem for CF ... I won't be asking for one now .... not even by private message. Like the previous poster said it is against the spirit of the ruling.
however discussion 'about " prophecy is fully allowed ..as is questioning .
i would be interested to know the 'why" behind the request

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So that prophetic word was accurate for 10 years. When you're 84 and don't want to pass, I'm sure those prophetic words were for "...edification, and exhortation, and comfort." I Cor 14

Suggesting that pm be utilized wasn't a great idea.

"Despise not prophesyings. 21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." I Thess 5:20-21

Those that I know who speak prophetically want their words to fall under "prove all things." How to prove all things by checking to see if it lines up with God's Word plus we have The Holy Spirit, hearing God's voice, spiritual discernment, and confirmation (Acts 9;9-19 especially v 10-12; II Cor 13:1)

I understand asking for a prophetic word. Yes, reading The Bible, etc. but receiving a prophetic word accomplishes what Scripture says they're for "...edification, and exhortation, and comfort." I Cor 14

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodGRACEshus
Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So that prophetic word was accurate for 10 years. When you're 84 and don't want to pass, I'm sure those prophetic words were for "...edification, and exhortation, and comfort." I Cor 14

True prophecy is when Jesus speaks to, or through, a believer. Jesus never lies. Anyone familiar with Paul's teaching that some may not die, but be alive when Jesus returns, know exactly what that false spirit was lying about.

To suggest that "prophetic" word was accurate indicates you don't love the truth as much as the Bible exhorts us to.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My post #16 was in response to post #12

Plus I appreciate Tadpole clarifying his earlier post. Thanks.

In regards to prophets functioning only in a local congregational setting is an assumption. That's my concern - when something seems "right," "logical," and "truth" is presented as the one and only acceptable perspective.

Granted we all love our perspective. Read about a believer who was praying against what was being taught by another believer. But Yahweh said ..but he's saying what I want Him to say. Hoping that I would have admitted that if I had been her.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Any prophecy given, whether ask for or not should not be taken as definite direction.

A prophecy should confirm what you already have in you that the Holy Spirit is dealing with you on.

If a prophecy does not confirm what you already have from the Holy Spirit, put it on a "shelf", letting it remain there until forgotten or confirmed.

We are not to be led by prophecies.

Upvote 0