Anyone else feel like you're going to be alone forever??

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
forever_alone____by_wownaty-d32jz3m.jpg

Hello, my life.

Upvote 0

Tehchad

YOU! are awesome!
Nov 24, 2008
Colorado
✟18,194.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Anyone else ever feel like this? I sure do.. It's awful. :(

Oh yeah! Then I decided that I wouldn't be happy like that in the long run. I can be single and that's all fine and dandy. However, I'd like a lady in my life.

Upvote 0

Bijano

Jun 7, 2011
✟186.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello, my life.

Lol i like this....

OP: Single life is great - enjoy it while u can.....Whenever you get lonely, Call up a friend or family member and have a nice chat.....If you are lacking friends send me a PM.......Don't wait on a girlfriend to start enjoying life and being happy :)

Upvote 0

tranz4md

Redeemed by His grace
Jun 6, 2011
✟15,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks. I did read that before I joined and it's good they are taking a more positive approach to their singleness. Me? I hate it. :(

Don't be too quick to think the grass is greener on the other side. I joined june 6th and posted what you are about to read in the depression forum.

Hi everyone, I'm brand new here and this is my first thread. I hope to be an encouragement to others within this community but right at the moment I could use a little encouraging myself!

i was just lying on my bed crying my eyes out once again. This has become quite a common behavior for me lately. i have been recently encountering greater and heavier depression as a result of deceit and lies from my husband.

This has been a battle for well into 5 years now. I feel I'm getting what I deserve to some extent because I chose to begin a relationship with this man knowing he was not following the Lord. I myself was following the Lord only halfheartedly. Had I been following Him with my whole heart I'm sure I would have run in the other direction from this man. However, I did not and here I am 5 years later married to him and in a severe state of depression of which I have never felt before.

I am tormented in my mind daily and in the pit of my gut not knowing the truth from the lies. I don't even know him and he's my husband!! Yikes!! Severe mental anguish going on over all this. He has been such a smooth talker with these lies, ever so believable. Truly the things I have found out are slowly eroding my hope and faith from the inside out.

I have begun to lash out at God and say things I know deep within I don't mean, like if God loved me soooo much why has He not rescued me from this ensuing torment. Then I think, "it's your own fault you are just reaping the consequence for the disobedient choice to be with him in the first place."

Please let me share this writing I wrote earlier this afternoon after being on the phone with him and finding out yet another lie he has told me.

"Lies have torn away the fabric of my soul they slowly erode my hope from the inside out. Stained with the ever ensuing torment of distrust that permeates me now, I seek death for my hope and faith have been crushed. Seemingly innocent lies did you not know they could destroy a soul, a soul once filled with peace, joy, and clarity? How do I get free from this torment strangling the life out of me? It chases me. My love for God is strong, it must be my faith that's lacking? If God says He'll protect me then why do I continue to be gripped by this onslaught of UNtruths? Is it the enemy? Satan! The wicked one! The father of lies who wants to destroy me. I feel weak, hopeless, and helpless. Is this the very place old Lucifer wants to find me? Useless for the Kingdom, unequipped and unarmed for the battle? He can't take my life eternally. His scheme is to keep me from making a difference in the lives of others for the glory of God. Lies have been his tactic to mar my spirit. This wicked one has come to steal, kill, and destroy! Pure unblinded love left an opening for attack, for how can the truest of love lie? One does not love by weaving webs of lies. This comes only from the enemy of our souls. We are our own worst enemy for without the putting on of the full armor of God we cannot resist the serpent who cunningly preys on humanity's weak nature. Tears stream from my cheeks for lies cut off the life-breath of real relationship. It is a toxic acid that peels back the flesh and lays the heart open bare. It wreaks havoc in the soul of the truthful desiring to live in the light but downtrodden by the prince of darkness through lies. Terrible plight! It is the beguiler who delivers death's sting. The blow strikes the heart and mind and such great sorrow it brings rendering it unable to believe. Believing now only what it can see because of lies twisting and mangling cruelty. Lies make a person's mind not know what to believe. Imagine the torment in that!! That's why the devil is the father of lies. He seeks to bring torment into our lives."

I'm sorry for such a long thread. I am a writer and when I am discouraged this is what I do. Maybe someone will find meaning in these words and it will help them in some way.

I just need some brothers and sisters in Christ to come alongside me and pray for my marriage and maybe give me some encouraging words in the Lord!! My spirit is willing but my flesh is weak!! I'm feeling very opressed.

Upvote 0

tranz4md

Redeemed by His grace
Jun 6, 2011
✟15,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lol i like this....

OP: Single life is great - enjoy it while u can.....Whenever you get lonely, Call up a friend or family member and have a nice chat.....If you are lacking friends send me a PM.......Don't wait on a girlfriend to start enjoying life and being happy :)

Yeah, what he said. Better to single and care-free then to be dealing with a situation like mine. Hope my post made you see things differently.

Wait on God for the right one and if it's meant to be it will happen in the meantime enjoy your single christian life.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you get to 80 years old without ever having been in love, THEN you can complain. Until then, I really don't wanna hear it from all the 20-something's. Seriously, people. You're just barely adults. Patience. Learn it.

Reactions: ulu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you get to 80 years old without ever having been in love, THEN you can complain. Until then, I really don't wanna hear it from all the 20-something's. Seriously, people. You're just barely adults. Patience. Learn it.

There's two sides of how I view this. The one side completely agrees with this :thumbsup: The other side remembers the pressures that I had in my early 20s, especially in my religious circle, and that pressure alone can really get people in a bad spot either emotionally or even into bad marriages. My advice is to get to know yourself, give yourself time to mature, and turn it over to God. Easier said then done, I know :hug:

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's all in how you look at it. I have a feeling I will probably be single for the rest of my life but I'm okay with that. I'm active in my church and besides work I have plenty of hobbies and service opportunities that keep me busy.

If you've ever experienced heartbreak or been through something like a bad relationship then singleness is far easier to deal with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

They rally 'round the family
Feb 23, 2008
✟12,217.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Anyone else feel like you're going to be alone forever??
Anyone else ever feel like this? I sure do.. It's awful. :(

If only I didn't long for impure things. Then I would be completely content to be all by myself and I'd never need anyone else for anything.

Thanks. I did read that before I joined and it's good they are taking a more positive approach to their singleness. Me? I hate it.
frown.gif

Better than coming home and fighting all the time. Or wishing you were free to do something else other than change 1,000 diapers.

Upvote 0

Blueforest

Created well and commanded to be sick
Jun 10, 2011
✟1,191.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
If you're not happy with someone, just get rid of them. Why stay with someone who you can't stand that makes you miserable? Why torture yourself? At least then, you can look forward to your newfound freedom and meeting someone much better for you.

Upvote 0