Feb 27, 2004
PA
✟17,732.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hey, fellow Episco-pals...

Just wondering if anyone here has been involved in Vocare -- I'm currently trying to build up a new Vocare ministry in my diocese and it finally occurred to me to ask around CF!

For those who don't know what Vocare is, it's a young adult ministry in the Episcopal Church that came out of the Cursillo tradition; its focus is on the spiritual needs of young adults, specifically around leading a Christian life by examining our callings in work, relationships, and life. The website is www.vocare.org.

Finella

Veteran
Feb 27, 2004
PA
✟17,732.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Wow, nice to meet you all... and glad to hear from redneckanglican and outcast4christ...

Actually, I've been working on this for a number of years and I know a couple people from Vocare in TX. And I'm working closely with people in Vocare International, too.

Tonigrace -- Vocare is unique in that it's a diocesan-based ministry, not a parish-based one. Young adults go on weekend retreats where they have the opportunity to explore these issues and create a community, but they then are empowered to go back into their parishes to continue living out their calling as Christians. Vocare is a place they can continue to connect with other young adults, but it's not meant to replace the parish, either.

Upvote 0

outcast4christ

Feb 11, 2005
Beaumont, Texas
✟7,861.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Finella said:
Wow, nice to meet you all... and glad to hear from redneckanglican and outcast4christ...

Actually, I've been working on this for a number of years and I know a couple people from Vocare in TX. And I'm working closely with people in Vocare International, too.

Tonigrace -- Vocare is unique in that it's a diocesan-based ministry, not a parish-based one. Young adults go on weekend retreats where they have the opportunity to explore these issues and create a community, but they then are empowered to go back into their parishes to continue living out their calling as Christians. Vocare is a place they can continue to connect with other young adults, but it's not meant to replace the parish, either.
who do know from vocare in texas?

Upvote 0

Finella

Veteran
Feb 27, 2004
PA
✟17,732.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
outcast4christ said:
who do know from vocare in texas?

A group of TX Vocati came up to the diocese of Central New York a couple years ago to help them start their first Vocare weekend -- I was helping the CNY people out by doing music for the weekend. If you want names, I'll PM you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.