✟8,016.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ktandbt,

I guess I should have seen more of what Heron saw (your greater concern) about your "battle." Our enemy attacks our mind. That is his battleground.

I went through a similar battle right before I had my "born again" experience. God did literally instantly deliver me from drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes. That was almost 27 years ago. God can change anything in your life that is broken and needs repair.

I felt that same battle inside myself before I accepted the Lord. Years later I fell away and backslid (my fault for not fellowshipping and going to church). Again I went through spiritual battles within myself. When I was ready to give the sin and nonsense over to God (different sin same type of repentance situation though) he was there waiting to help me rid myself of the sin problem again (different sins of course).

The scripture teaches (James 4:7) when you resist the devil "he must flee from you."

That is a promise from God to you.

There are many similar and wonderful promises in the scriptures...latch on to them. Read them frequently, put them on post-it notes all over your house if necessary, but believe in these promises.

My favorite is 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NLT)

"The temptations in your life are no different than what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure."

God promises you will never be tempted beyond what you can bare up to. That is really great news! God always provides the means of escape from the temptation if you seek it.

Another good one:

"Those that the Son has set free are free indeed."

When the Son sets you free....you are free!!!!!!!!!! (John 8:36)

Get your bible out and find more of God's great promises to you. Watch that battle diminish as God's truth restores you and strengthens you.

Holy God I pray that you help this christian woman understand that you are a tower of refuge and strength. Bend down from the heavens that cannot contain you and help my christian sister and place your loving hands upon her life. Defeat the work of the enemy in her life and restore her with your peace Holy Father. Bless her with the guidance and voice of the Holy Spirit within her Lord to direct her paths in a manner that you find pleasing. Keep her in your daily care I pray, Amen.

Reactions: heron
Upvote 0

karenrose

Apr 16, 2010
✟7,616.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

My name is Katie and I'm new :). I'm like an old new Christian.

Here is my story:

Fast forward about 2 yrs later and I'm still getting this uneasy feeling about going to church and even about praying. I don't know if it's because I'm afraid or what. I'm scared and I want Jesus back in my life soo very bad. It's almost like I'm having some battle inside. I really need some advice.

Thank,
Katie

Hi Katie,

I'm new to this forum but have been Christian for some time (Latter-day Saint). I remember having a similar experience when I was first learning about God and was invited to a group where speaking in tongues was allegedly occurring, and where the feeling was not edifying or of God, at least in that particular instance. I, like another poster, am wondering what teachings you believe in that may help us in helping you....

For me, I read through the scriptures and outlined principles and teachings of Christ and compared those with those of many Churches I visited. About to give up, I finally found a spiritual home and a place where I believe the gospel is purely preached and the power of Christ's authority lies. I hope you can prayerfully find your way. I think your fears are understandable and God knows them, and maybe seen in a different light, they are a caution not to go the direction you were going, but to go a different way. Ask God to take those from your heart and replace them with faith that you will know His will, for surely He delights to give to those who seek, and gives liberally, as James says, without upbraiding. He delights to give wisdom, and for these kinds of decisions that influence our lives and the next gens, He is there to provide that for you. I'd ask Him specific questions and then study the scriptures for those answers, and visit Churches and see where He leads you.

God bless. Will pray for you.

Upvote 0