Animals in Heaven

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Hi,

I know many posters have trouble with him, but Jack Van Impe says that our pets will be in heaven. He cited several verses which state that animals have flesh which will also be changed into incorruptible bodies. I certainly hope so - I lost my little dog a year ago and I really miss her! :clap:

Reactions: Konnie
Upvote 0

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
transientlife said:
Do you think animals will be in heaven?

I'd be saddened to find out if/when I got to heaven that my dogs could not be there with me :cry:

I know there are some churches that offer blessings for pets, I'd take my dachsie there in a heartbeat...

To be honest, the Bible doesn't really say one way or the other so I don't have an answer for you.

I tend to believe so, though.

Upvote 0

BarbB

Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Volos said:
I think it would be the height of egoism to believe that humans are the only creatures posssessing a soul.

The Bible doesn't say that animals have souls, just that they have flesh which shall be raised. Only human beings have souls.

Upvote 0

Rae

Pro-Marriage. All marriage.
Aug 31, 2002
Somewhere out there...
Visit site
✟25,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
The Bible doesn't say that animals have souls
Yeah, and it doesn't say squat about VCRs. That doesn't mean VCRs don't exist, or that animals don't have souls. :) Not to mention that Volos and I aren't Christians, so we can believe animals can have souls/spirits without regard for what the Bible says.

Upvote 0

BarbB

Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Rae said:
Yeah, and it doesn't say squat about VCRs. That doesn't mean VCRs don't exist, or that animals don't have souls. :) Not to mention that Volos and I aren't Christians, so we can believe animals can have souls/spirits without regard for what the Bible says.

Sure you can, Rae, but that doesn't make you right, either! ;)

Upvote 0

Rae

Pro-Marriage. All marriage.
Aug 31, 2002
Somewhere out there...
Visit site
✟25,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
that doesn't make you right, either!
Ah, but I made sure not to claim I was. :) What do you think of my other point? Does anything not specifically mentioned in the Bible not exist? Could animals have souls even if the Bible doesn't say they do?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

Shay2005

DrunkenWrestler said:
Do rats, fleas, insects, spiders, plants, and bacteria have souls?
I think all those things have a soul except Plants and Bacteria. But I could be wrong. I do believe all Animals have souls. I mean why did God create Insects?? What are they here for? Are they here for us to just kill them?? Why even make an animal such as an Ant or a Fly if it has no meaning in life? Why make a Fly or an Ant when humans just kill them?

I am happy I let Flies live and I dont kill them...maybe I'll be awarded when I die............

Upvote 0

Volos

Jun 25, 2003
Michign
✟4,244.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married

newlamb said:
Volos said:
I think it would be the height of egoism to believe that humans are the only creatures posssessing a soul.

The Bible doesn't say that animals have souls, just that they have flesh which shall be raised. Only human beings have souls.
As I said, the height of egoism

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
It was good to read your words about your animals.I too,have often wondered about this.And when I try to be brave and just hope that animals will also go to heaven,I am reminded of the promise in Revelatians:"There will be no more tears or heartaches in Heaven."Greetings Emmy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.