Creating a Humanzee

Do you support the creation of the Humanzee?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟604,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Scientifically speaking, creating a humanzee would be no different from how we've created Ligers and Mules. So why haven't we created a humanzee yet, knowing it's entirely possible and super easy?

Many say it's an issue of morality. But why would it be, considering a humanzee would be neither human, nor chimp. What would be a worst or best case scenario in this situation? Being the eternal optimist that I am, I envision a friendly pet-like companion, like a dog, but much smarter. It's not like it would be in a constant state of pain, like some kind of groaning Frankenstein - nature doesn’t allow animals to live in perpetual pain. Perhaps they could even be trained to do our work for us? Like picking fruit in the fields? Or factory work, or other jobs humans don't particularly like doing? For thousands of years we've been using horses in similar ways - I don't see how a humanzee would be any different.

Last edited:

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟130,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Scientifically speaking, creating a humanzee would be no different from how we've created Ligers and Mules. So why haven't we created a humanzee yet, knowing it's entirely possible and super easy?

Many say it's an issue of morality. But why would it be, considering a humanzee would be neither human, nor chimp. What would be a worst or best case scenario in this situation? Being the eternal optimist that I am, I envision a friendly pet-like companion, like a dog, but much smarter. It's not like it would be in pain, like some kind of Frankenstein - nature doesn’t allow animals to live in perpetual pain. Perhaps they could be trained to do work? For thousands of years we've been using horses in a similar manner.
CF Ambassador Hat ON

This belongs in the Christian Ethics and Philosophy sub-forum. Also, promotion or discussion of bestiality is prohibited.

CF Ambassador Hat OFF

Hey, is it okay to use Ambassador Hats, as I am an ambassador here, @FreeinChrist ?

Chimeras... Man, that stuff is messed up. Playing God?

Creating a human-chimp chimera, which is a organism with both human and chimpanzee cells, raises significant ethical concerns from both a secular and a religious perspective.

From a secular perspective, there are several reasons why creating a human-chimp chimera is not ethical:

1. Unnatural and Unproven: The creation of a human-chimp chimera would be an unnatural act, as it would involve mixing human and chimpanzee cells in a way that has not occurred naturally. Furthermore, the health and developmental consequences of such a creation are not yet fully understood, and there is a risk of unintended harm or disease.

2. Violation of Human Dignity: The creation of a human-chimp chimera would blur the line between human and animal, and raise questions about the value and dignity of human life. It could also be seen as reducing the unique value of human beings to just another species.

3. Animal Welfare: Creating a human-chimp chimera would involve the use of chimpanzee embryos, which would raise concerns about animal welfare. Chimpanzees are highly intelligent and social animals, and using them in this way could be considered a violation of their inherent worth and dignity.

From a Biblical perspective, there are also several reasons why creating a human-chimp chimera is not ethical:

1. God's Creation: From a Biblical perspective, humans were created in the image of God, and are distinct from animals. Genesis 1:26-27 states, "Then God said, 'Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.' So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them." By creating a human-chimp chimera, we would be blurring the line between humans and animals, and potentially disregarding God's intent for the distinctness of each species.

2. Genetic Manipulation: The creation of a human-chimp chimera would involve manipulating the genetic material of both humans and chimpanzees, which could be seen as playing God. In Genesis 3:22, God says, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." This verse is often interpreted as a warning against humans assuming God's role in creation.

3. Moral Conscience: The creation of a human-chimp chimera would raise significant moral questions, and could potentially lead to a slippery slope of further genetic manipulation and experimentation. From a Biblical perspective, it is important to exercise moral conscience and act in accordance with God's will and the inherent value and dignity of all life.

In summary, the creation of a human-chimp chimera raises significant ethical concerns from both a secular and a religious perspective. It blurs the line between human and animal, involves unnatural and unproven scientific procedures, raises questions about animal welfare and human dignity, and potentially manipulates the genetic material of both humans and chimpanzees. From a Biblical perspective, it goes against the distinctness of God's creation, plays God, and raises moral questions.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟604,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CF Ambassador Hat ON

This belongs in the Christian Ethics and Philosophy sub-forum. Also, promotion or discussion of inappropriate behavior with animals is prohibited.

CF Ambassador Hat OFF

Hey, is it okay to use Ambassador Hats, as I am an ambassador here, @FreeinChrist ?
No, you cannot.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟604,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also, promotion or discussion of inappropriate behavior with animals is prohibited.
Can you go into more detail about this? What exactly do you mean?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,924,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

We have already.

Ever heard of Tarzan?

He was a Mangani

Umgawa.

Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Juvenal

Radical strawberry
Feb 8, 2005
Georgia
✟37,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single

We're not all that sure we haven't already been there and done that.

We bred with neanderthals. We bred with denisovans. Who's to say we haven't bred with chimps, too. Without meaning to offend sensibilities, there are reliable stories of humans having relations with horses and goats. That's pretty much all it takes if we're at all interfertile.

Many say it's an issue of morality. But why would it be, considering a humanzee would be neither human, nor chimp. What would be a worst or best case scenario in this situation? Being the eternal optimist that I am, I envision a friendly pet-like companion, like a dog, but much smarter. It's not like it would be in a constant state of pain, like some kind of groaning Frankenstein - nature doesn’t allow animals to live in perpetual pain. Perhaps they could even be trained to do our work for us? Like picking fruit in the fields? Or factory work, or other jobs humans don't particularly like doing? For thousands of years we've been using horses in similar ways - I don't see how a humanzee would be any different.

All life being related, it would be more accurate to say a humanzee would be both human and chimpanzee. And I guarantee you any human involved in the process would recognize the progeny as their child.

And if you're not talking about chance encounters in the wild, you should know human experimentation is governed by ethical regulations and approved by committees. I'm not seeing this one get past the gates. There are already international prohibitions on human cloning, and this sounds a lot more likely to stir public outrage than that.

But if you don't mind my asking, seeing as your faith description isn't something I usually associate with approving bestiality, would you care to clarify why you're intent on broaching this topic?

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟207,537.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

There's no valid reason to create a humanzee, in 2024. It would make for an unpredictable pet, (it may be unpredictable and dangerous). As for using them to do manual labor, that idea may have been attractive before the robot age. But the robots of today are doing most of those jobs that humans don't like doing.

We just don't have a good enough reason to create such creatures. There's no demand for them, so I can't see anyone investing their money in a something which there is no demand for.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟604,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But if you don't mind my asking, seeing as your faith description isn't something I usually associate with approving inappropriate behavior with animals, would you care to clarify why you're intent on broaching this topic?
I'm very intent on it because I just watched a documentary on Oliver the Humanzee! Now I want to talk about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟130,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can you go into more detail about this? What exactly do you mean?
Check this out. This is why we should not be making human-animal hybrids. [The word is censored to keep with CF Rules]

1715471226523.png

Why chimera's are unethical: What’s Wrong With Human-Animal Chimeras?

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟604,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In vitro inappropriate behavior with animals.
I've never heard of "In vitro inappropriate behavior" before. Are there any books on it?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,924,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm very intent on it because I just watched a documentary on Oscar the Humanzee! Now I want to talk about it.

Please don't tell me science is considering this!

Upvote 0

Juvenal

Radical strawberry
Feb 8, 2005
Georgia
✟37,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
I'm very intent on it because I just watched a documentary on Oscar the Humanzee! Now I want to talk about it.

As I was saying, a lot of folks including myself wouldn't be much surprised to find out humanzees are possible by running across one, but Oliver was just a chimp. They checked his DNA. We're sure certain of it.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟604,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,924,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've never heard of "In vitro inappropriate behavior" before. Are there any books on it?

I didn't type "inappropriate behavior."

It was evidently changed by CF's software.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Juvenal

Radical strawberry
Feb 8, 2005
Georgia
✟37,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
I didn't type "inappropriate behavior."

It was evidently changed by CF's software.

Didn't clue in that it happened to you until it happened to me. I figure if CF went to that much trouble to keep it off the board, we probably shouldn't push it.

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟604,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As I was saying, a lot of folks including myself wouldn't be much surprised to find out humanzees are possible by running across one, but Oliver was just a chimp. They checked his DNA. We're sure certain of it.
Exactly! But you asked a specific question. I explained my motivation for the topic.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟604,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Didn't clue in that it happened to you until it happened to me.
And again same here. Again, Lord help us, it's a technical term.

Upvote 0