United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've made this thread before but didnt feel like looking for the original :p

So do you watch animal cams? Which ones do you watch?

For those of you who havent figured it out, animal cams are...well..animals that are on web cams set up by humans. Usually outside of their nest, den, tree, etc.

Right now I'm currently watching a Great Blue Heron family, a Red Tailed Hawk family, and some growing Barn Owls. :) The heron and hawk still have eggs, the hawk's could hatch any day now and the heron's eggs wont hatch until late April, early May. The barn owls are almost grown and possibly have fledged but still come back to their nest.

Other cams I is black bear cam, a elephant cam, a naked mole rat cam, fish, etc. A lot of zoos have cams too. :)

So if you watch animal cams, post and let us all know where it's at. Maybe it's something I havent seen.

Here are the links to the ones I've been watching:

Great Blue Heron: Great Blue Heron Nest at the Cornell Lab - live streaming video powered by Livestream It's a low light webcam, so even at night the picture is pretty clear and it overlooks beautiful water. You can also hear geese, ducks, and other birds. Also if you scroll down, you'll see a link to the second cam where you may see the mate, or ducks flying by and gives a nice view of the lake. At night though it's hard to see anything.

Red-tailed Hawk: Red-tailed Hawk Nest - live streaming video powered by Livestream Not a low light cam, so at night it's hard to see anything but during the day is an up close and personal look at her and sometimes her mate. Her eggs could hatch any day now. :)

Barn Owls: http://www.starrranch.org/blog/barn-owl Growing Barn Owls. Same nest for the last like 2-3 years that I've watched. They however are better to watch at night/early morning hours because well... they sleep most of the day. :p

I will give a warning though: I've watched plenty of cams, and this IS the wild, no one steps in. You will see what they feed on, and sometimes even predators try to attack.

Overall it's a beautiful and awesome thing to watch, but can get sad at times. I love animal cams, it helps me learn things about animals and their complexities. And boy are they complex. lol

SplendidTree

Legend
Aug 8, 2009
✟53,000.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for sharing those! Do you have links to the zoo cams? I think those would be great to see and even let my nephews know about!

I actually used to watch this one of some cat and also a bird when I was little. They were on some type of Public Access channels like almost 20 years ago. lol I still remember them.

You could turn them on and see the animals, (on their own separate channels), 24-7.

Upvote 0
E

Edwards1984

The only animal cams I've ever regularly watched were the ones they have at some pet hotels (or whatever you call it where you can put your pets for a few days) where you can actually go to the website and see how your dog/cat is doing.

There used to an eagle cam for some eagles in Savannah I would check in on occasionally, but I can't seem to find it now.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for sharing those! Do you have links to the zoo cams? I think those would be great to see and even let my nephews know about!

I actually used to watch this one of some cat and also a bird when I was little. They were on some type of Public Access channels like almost 20 years ago. lol I still remember them.

You could turn them on and see the animals, (on their own separate channels), 24-7.

Here are some of the zoo cams:

Animal Web Cams at the National Zoo - National Zoo| FONZ= Which is for the National Zoo. You can see ferrets, naked mole rats, fish, flamingos, etc. Sometimes though not all the animals are on cam.

San Diego Zoo - San diego zoo. Which has an elephant cam, polar bear, and other things. Oh it has a Condor Cam that has a baby (vulture)and has the cutest bald head :satisfied:

Animal cam... part animal, part camera. ;)

But seriously, I watch the Firefox red pandas from time to time.

Where is that at? Link? :D

The only animal cams I've ever regularly watched were the ones they have at some pet hotels (or whatever you call it where you can put your pets for a few days) where you can actually go to the website and see how your dog/cat is doing.

There used to an eagle cam for some eagles in Savannah I would check in on occasionally, but I can't seem to find it now.

Those are fun to watch (the hotel ones), lol. Or the doggy day care. There are a lot of Eagle cams starting up, like in Decatur, and Charlotte

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SavingCady

Be still and know that I am God.
Apr 15, 2012
Waterloo, IA, USA
Visit site
✟7,710.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't personally watch animal cams, but I know there is a American Bald Eagle nest that has a cam over it, since they were on the endangered animal species and went from 450 odd pairs to now well over 9,000 pairs in the past...10 years maybe?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
hey, let's keep this thread nice, for once I'd like a thread that doesnt have snarky comments in it.

Let's stick to the topic and not about each other.

Anyhow, I found an animal cam that I went to last year that comes with a chat, but the male Eagle is the only one there. He hasn't found a mate yet.

The red tailed hawks eggs should hatch any day now - so excited! Because the cam is such a good quality cam that we'll be up close and personal with the babies. And the heron eggs should hatch next week.

Aww..bird love!

Upvote 0