Status
Not open for further replies.

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Today, as I drove out of our retirement village, by the way or cars are right-hand drive, we drive on the left side of the road, I looked right and no car was within 50 metres, as the rorad then turns sharply and is hidden behind the houses of a bend in the road. By the time, I moved out onto the road, I looked into my rear vision mirror and this car was bearing down upon me fast. It came out of nowhere, and it sat on my tail all the way down to the next turn. It then followed me down the road, and the road turned into two lanes, and I was in the right lane. I then began to move into the left lane, and this galah, accelerated to pass me in the left lane, but I had already began to move in and once again I had him sitting on my tail.

Now I was beginning to get angry at this galah.

I then proceeded on my way down to the main road, turning left into a four-lane road, and two lanes on the left are merging lanes that merge into the normal two lanes. So I put my indicator on to merge, and another car travelling in the left lane 50 metres back of the two main lanes, put his indicator on and began to move into the far right normal lane, and I believed that he was moving over to allow me to merge in.

So, I kept merging and if I hadn't looked into my right had side external mirror, this car was right beside me. It had accelerated and didn't move over as I thought the driver was doing, and we nearly had a collision.

Well did I do my nana, did I spit the dummy, and I pulled back and zoomed around behind the other car into the other overtaking lane and overtook him. I felt like pushing him into the ditch, or abuse him, but I didn’t.

But, commonsense and the Holy Spirit prevailed, and I cooled down.

Now instead of me confessing and repenting my anger there and them, I let it slide, when I should have forgiven those galahs for getting me this way, I had this lump on my heart all day while I was celebrating Christmas with my daughter’s family.

So now, I confess and repent my anger toward those two drivers, and I forgive them for their thoughtless and reckless driving, and I ask our Lord Jesus Christ to forgive me for my actions. I now forgive myself for feeling angry toward them and for behaving badly myself, in Jesus’ Name.

Yes, His Word does say to not let the sun set on anger. It’s 7:45 PM here, and the sun has set.

Upvote 0

EternalSummer

Peacenik
Oct 18, 2007
✟8,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Y'know, we should bring the things discussed on this thread to mind the next time someone posts something on CF that torques us up ... just sayin' .... :D ... but seriously .... a little understanding instead of quick to judge or quick to hit that report button for vengeance, eh? Could do us a world of good on here ... JUST SAYIN' ... :D

Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Aggression can be a beautiful thing in the human soul....

It can energize us to do creative changes,and to help blow off some of the old parental voices of the shoulds and shouldnt's that can can keep people stuck in old patterns and belief systems.

The shaping of the world without,comes by the shaping of the world within...;)

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello friends, I hope my words help some....:)

Thank you.:)

I hope mine can help, too.

It has occurred to me that most anger arises out of our self-centeredness. When our rights are violated, or our expectations quashed, or dreams unfulfilled, or are personally offended, or personally attacked, we get angry. We defend ourselves. We lash out.

It is true that Christ became angry (on at least four occasions) but in none of them was He ever angry for a selfish reason. He was angry because someone less fortunate, the have-nots, were being exploited by the haves. That is called justice, I believe.

The lesson for me is that if I am dead to this world and my life hidden with Christ in God, then I have no right to be angry for selfish reasons. But when others are being used by, or denied things because of, unscrupulous people I not have a right to be angry, but a duty to be so providing I do not let my emotions lead me to sinful actions (Eph. 4.26-27).

~Justin Thyme

Contentment is not found in having what you want, but in wanting what you have

Reactions: FoundInGrace
Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I hope mine can help, too.

It has occurred to me that most anger arises out of our self-centeredness. When our rights are violated, or our expectations quashed, or dreams unfulfilled, or are personally offended, or personally attacked, we get angry. We defend ourselves. We lash out.

It is true that Christ became angry (on at least four occasions) but in none of them was He ever angry for a selfish reason. He was angry because someone less fortunate, the have-nots, were being exploited by the haves. That is called justice, I believe.

The lesson for me is that if I am dead to this world and my life hidden with Christ in God, then I have no right to be angry for selfish reasons. But when others are being used by, or denied things because of, unscrupulous people I not have a right to be angry, but a duty to be so providing I do not let my emotions lead me to sinful actions (Eph. 4.26-27).

~Justin Thyme

Contentment is not found in having what you want, but in wanting what you have
I agree Justin~
We don’t want to sin.

But actually If I wear a mask,that is lieing isn’t it?

Better to look at the cross and be healed.:)

But sometimes we can get frustrated like our brother Paul did…:D

Galatians 5:12
As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!

What I mean though is sometimes Christians can live with an emotional log in their eyes.

The parents eat sour grapes and the childrens teeth are set on edge.

The guy who spends his whole life pumping gas ( I know,those days are almost over with self pumping now).

One day he goes to God, and asks why?

God replies..I will clean you out so you can see clear as far as what you can do!

What once was buried becomes conscious and is no longer buried,and the saint no longer views life through a bad self image projection.The aggression now leads to creative change in the world,not a repressed anger that becomes a giant log.

Who has seen the healing of the Lord??

One such as I. (me):)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A test for the general viewer audience.

I used to dream of a similar image alot over the years.It used to scare me,it looked evil as I misinterpreted it's meaning.

Now when I view this image,it looks beautiful.

How do you view this image?

black_wolf.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

I used to dream of a similar image alot over the years.It used to scare me,it looked evil as I misinterpreted it's meaning.

black_wolf.jpg

That how I looked over the driving wheel of my car after my incidents in Item 21 above.:)

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And who can forget the "woe to you" verses.
Definately a tone...:blush:

Matthew 23:29
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous.
Matthew 23:27
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

black_wolf.jpg

As an image, it's fascinating.

If it suddenly becomes something I encounter after stepping off my porch tomorrow morning, then not so fascinating.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

black_wolf.jpg
For some reason I viewed the image as a female wolf protecting her young. It's beautiful.

However, had I seen it yesterday, that would definately be me reaching snapping point after taking my mother to my sister's for Christmas dinner and hearing her calling my daughter 'stupid' and telling her to 'shut up' for the whole car journey.

A very good learning curve with me of seeing the healing brought about by the Lord (with seeing the image today) constrasted with the anger brought about by being offended yesterday.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For some reason I viewed the image as a female wolf protecting her young. It's beautiful.

However, had I seen it yesterday, that would definately be me reaching snapping point after taking my mother to my sister's for Christmas dinner and hearing her calling my daughter 'stupid' and telling her to 'shut up' for the whole car journey.

A very good learning curve with me of seeing the healing brought about by the Lord (with seeing the image today) constrasted with the anger brought about by being offended yesterday.
I understand..
My wife and I have been through much hastle with her family!
We dread the Christmas call each year.

The wolf looks like wonderful much needed aggression.And yes,the protector.
Now the wolf is my friend,and helps me in areas that once lacked.:)

When we blow off inner constructs,outer ones change automatically.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LadyDeflora

monolatrist
Jun 29, 2007
kalispell
✟7,794.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

black_wolf.jpg

a bumper sticker i've been seeing around town, "smoke a pack a day" with a circle slash over a wolf, it brings mixed feelings from me, i admire the natural need of the wolves, but empathize with the ranchers and hunters who are, "angry" over their reintroduction.

I think it's what you do with the anger that decides where it lands. It's comforting to know i'm not alone in my road rage, but that's where most of my anger is expressed. i tend to get angry when i'm frustrated feeling out of control, that's where it becomes an issue with me, i either get more angry i can't do anything but swear and scream or i can reach a little deeper and realize i'm not suppose to be in control, but have faith that He is, it helps a little i usually scan the radio at that point and think how pretty the mountnains are.

it's pretty darn hard at times though, fortunately i'm not an angry person and rather quickly get over it. i am however impatient and easily frustrated, but at those momennts i think about the story with Abraham in the desert angrily demanding water, he got admonished for his actions because of what he did with the anger, not for becoming angry. The Lord promptly corrected Him and gave him the water reminding him Who's "in control".

at least that's what i learned from it that helps me a lot in my angry moments; even The Lord gets angry, but He quickly forgives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
a bumper sticker i've been seeing around town, "smoke a pack a day" with a circle slash over a wolf, it brings mixed feelings from me, i admire the natural need of the wolves, but empathize with the ranchers and hunters who are, "angry" over their reintroduction.

I think it's what you do with the anger that decides where it lands. It's comforting to know i'm not alone in my road rage, but that's where most of my anger is expressed. i tend to get angry when i'm frustrated feeling out of control, that's where it becomes an issue with me, i either get more angry i can't do anything but swear and scream or i can reach a little deeper and realize i'm not suppose to be in control, but have faith that He is, it helps a little i usually scan the radio at that point and think how pretty the mountnains are.

it's pretty darn hard at times though, fortunately i'm not an angry person and rather quickly get over it. i am however impatient and easily frustrated, but at those momennts i think about the story with Abraham in the desert angrily demanding water, he got admonished for his actions because of what he did with the anger, not for becoming angry. The Lord promptly corrected Him and gave him the water reminding him Who's "in control".

at least that's what i learned from it that helps me a lot in my angry moments; even The Lord gets angry, but He quickly forgives.
good point!
What we do with it.
God gave us anger,it has a place.

Sometimes to say..

Please pastor,stop controlling me and lording over me!

or

I am not going to sit passively by and let so and so take the advancement I deserve on my job.

or

Sorry family members,I have had enough of your guilt,so we tell them..bye-bye!:wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

msbojingles

resident brat and doom and gloomer
Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
✟14,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Kewl post, pine. I've been learning A LOT about anger lately. What a vicious cycle, too. Add some bad teaching in the church about anger and talk about heaping coals. :D

Maybe I'll share at a later time what God is showing me through His Word.

But think about pressure cooker and how it works. There has to be a release. Of course how we release the pressure is important (and the teaching of "how" is what has been sadly lacking), but the release itself is quite necessary. It's also a good thing to remove oneself from the "heat source" (so to speak) until the pressure can get under grips. One wouldn't suggest that an alcoholic who is still struggling go place himself in a bar and set an alcoholic beverage in front of himself.

Well, you get the idea.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Woe to those who deliberately provoke anger in another for the sake of their facile and worthless amusement, knowing themselves to be doing so, because they set a stumblingstone before another in doing so, and it would indeed be better had a millstone been tied around their necks and them drowned in the sea. That any should imagine himself or herself to possess God's favour whilst in the midst of this heinous and destructive course, bes nought but the basest delusion on their part.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Kewl post, pine. I've been learning A LOT about anger lately. What a vicious cycle, too. Add some bad teaching in the church about anger and talk about heaping coals. :D

Maybe I'll share at a later time what God is showing me through His Word.

But think about pressure cooker and how it works. There has to be a release. Of course how we release the pressure is important (and the teaching of "how" is what has been sadly lacking), but the release itself is quite necessary. It's also a good thing to remove oneself from the "heat source" (so to speak) until the pressure can get under grips. One wouldn't suggest that an alcoholic who is still struggling go place himself in a bar and set an alcoholic beverage in front of himself.

Well, you get the idea.
Good point sis!
The healthy release is a good thing.Taken to the Lord,or released to have the aggression to make healthy changes.

Anger is not sin,as many pulpits portray it to be!

Jesus got mad at injustice,and so can we.:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.