USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello friends, I hope my words help some....:)

We all have different needs,backrounds,and different situations. I just watched my beloved Jesus of Nazereth movie. It was the scene where Jesus was overturning the money tables,and was very angry! Which reminds me of something I once heard, anger cleanses the temple!

What I have found is frozen anger produces depression.When we spend the whole day holding the door shut we get energylessness..Many a saints are taught that Christians are not supposed to get angry. Jesus did,why cant I? If you had abuse,in my case a violent father,believe me rage goes into the belly! (ibs is a classic symptom) A numbness sets it, (suprise) We have depression.

Emotions are powerful,the head splits off from them,because it can look real ugly when we are mad.But in the anger,lives me too..Our society is an anger repressant society,except for sports events.(and politics,dont get me started!) Pain can be a friend,to tell us we are off track. At first,Frankenstein looks so so scary! But the more I made friends with him,gee,he started to look not so bad.. The lion became my friend..Sure at first when God started to bring it up,it seemed out of control,maybe because I had disassociated myself from it.Now it is balanced more,and guess what,energy returns. When the Israelites came into Canaan,God said,little by little. I (remember,it is God at work in you) will drive out the nations before you.

God is not scared or falling off the throne if you are angry,a psalmist said,morning noon and night, I POURED ot my complaint! Remember,anger is a normal response to a bad situation, even from years ago.Even the most timid creature can show its teeth when cornered, WHY CANT I? God put these things in us,babies come out screaming.

You may even have a good laugh,when mister or misses ugly start to come out. I know these words may not be for all,just my experience.I know not all were abused,thank God.Many were just not comfortable with that odd emotion from their youth,and it got locked in the basement..Aggression is a healthy thing that we all need.Odd things may happen when long dormant aggression starts coming up, you may find your self yelling out, I CANT GO TO THAT JOB ANOTHER DAY!,or, I HATE LIVING IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD,I DONT WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH SO AND SO ANYMORE,THEY ALWAYS SEEM TO LOOK FOR THE BAD IN MY LIFE!,energy rekindled,visions are born,goals are set,a breakthrough! You get the picture.God knows that interesting thing called the soul.The kingdom of God,is in you.
Anger given to God is a constructive release,not a random acting out!

Thank you.:)

Last edited:
C

Cassidy

There's a righteous anger and an unrighteous anger...Jesus had righteous anger.

Also, when we are angry about things from out past, usually it's sadness, frustration or fear behind it...it's not real anger!

The wrath of man does not the righteousness of God...but if the wrath inside you comes from Christ then is it not then made righteous?

Just some thoughts there...sorry it's a higglety pigglety mess...LOL

Upvote 0

the.Sheepdog

You must be born again!
Oct 26, 2008
Sanford, FL
✟31,981.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
yea, I get angry. But now it isnt so much for me but when I see injustice to others. I grew up with a drunk father. I was the oldest so I was responsible. I still am responsible for everything everywhere. Its not my choice, just the way it is now. I tried to give it to God, but apparently I keep it still. I use it to protect mine and those less protected. Is it a gift, or a curse?

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yer probably correct Pinetree. I try not to think about it
What happened to me was it was a confrontation with destiny...

God started a healing journey that was most interesting to say the least..:D

The emotions can be quite powerful,but better that they were healed,than lay dormant reeking havoc.

Upvote 0

map4

Love Never Fails
Mar 29, 2008
Texas
✟10,762.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Often there is deep pain under the anger.Thats how it was for me...:)

I believe this is true for many.

Still, I think the key is how we react in that anger.
Some, as you know, use it to hurt others. And the cycle goes round and round. Hurt people, not knowing how to deal with the hurt and anger, hurting others.

Healing from the pain, the root of most anger, is the only thing that will let anger be a healthy emotion rather than a catalyst for more hurt.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe this is true for many.

Still, I think the key is how we react in that anger.
Some, as you know, use it to hurt others. And the cycle goes round and round. Hurt people, not knowing how to deal with the hurt and anger, hurting others.

Healing from the pain, the root of most anger, is the only thing that will let anger be a healthy emotion rather than a catalyst for more hurt.
Yup..
the once destructive anger,can become constructive.:)

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Anger...I think if we do not allow ourselves to feel anger at injustice then we have allowed our soul to be vexed by outside pressure.

Anger can be very liberating, but as someone stated above, the way that is processed and expressed makes the difference of wether it is healthy or destructive.

Also stated above is that anger is an expression of the soul. The soul is the middle ground of man...the mind, will and emotions that can be used for good or evil. They are not good or bad in and of themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I found for me that the answer was to bring it to Him who can take it..

But different things apply for different people.
Amen. :thumbsup:

I suffer/ed a lot with anger as a result of childhood experiences. Just yesterday I felt such anger beginning to simmer up from just one phone call.

The key for me was to also take the core of the frustration to the foot of the cross, express what it was that stirred up the monster within, then when all has been spent, I am then in a position to forgive and let go of the cause of the anger, knowing that the Lord has heard and is onto it.

Indeed it is such a release to surrender all that energy to the Lord and to literally feel it being "lifted" off me. :)

Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello friends, I hope my words help some....:)

We all have different needs,backrounds,and different situations. I just watched my beloved Jesus of Nazereth movie. It was the scene where Jesus was overturning the money tables,and was very angry! Which reminds me of something I once heard, anger cleanses the temple!

What I have found is frozen anger produces depression.When we spend the whole day holding the door shut we get energylessness..Many a saints are taught that Christians are not supposed to get angry. Jesus did,why cant I? If you had abuse,in my case a violent father,believe me rage goes into the belly! (ibs is a classic symptom) A numbness sets it, (suprise) We have depression.

Emotions are powerful,the head splits off from them,because it can look real ugly when we are mad.But in the anger,lives me too..Our society is an anger repressant society,except for sports events.(and politics,dont get me started!) Pain can be a friend,to tell us we are off track. At first,Frankenstein looks so so scary! But the more I made friends with him,gee,he started to look not so bad.. The lion became my friend..Sure at first when God started to bring it up,it seemed out of control,maybe because I had disassociated myself from it.Now it is balanced more,and guess what,energy returns. When the Israelites came into Canaan,God said,little by little. I (remember,it is God at work in you) will drive out the nations before you.

God is not scared or falling off the throne if you are angry,a psalmist said,morning noon and night, I POURED ot my complaint! Remember,anger is a normal response to a bad situation, even from years ago.Even the most timid creature can show its teeth when cornered, WHY CANT I? God put these things in us,babies come out screaming.

You may even have a good laugh,when mister or misses ugly start to come out. I know these words may not be for all,just my experience.I know not all were abused,thank God.Many were just not comfortable with that odd emotion from their youth,and it got locked in the basement..Aggression is a healthy thing that we all need.Odd things may happen when long dormant aggression starts coming up, you may find your self yelling out, I CANT GO TO THAT JOB ANOTHER DAY!,or, I HATE LIVING IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD,I DONT WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH SO AND SO ANYMORE,THEY ALWAYS SEEM TO LOOK FOR THE BAD IN MY LIFE!,energy rekindled,visions are born,goals are set,a breakthrough! You get the picture.God knows that interesting thing called the soul.The kingdom of God,is in you.
Anger given to God is a constructive release,not a random acting out!

Thank you.:)
Great post pinetree!

I was out yesterday driving around town and it had snowed the night before. Two days before Christmas everybody who had a car or truck had to be out too and with the fresh fallen snow traffic was moving slow. On top of that there were drivers doing some pretty stupid things and my patience wore thin and I finally snapped. I was cussin and swearin away, I was at my boiling point. The sad thing about it was, I soon repented and told God I would calm down and start only thinking of good things, and I did, until the car in front of me just sat there after the light turned green. I blew the horn and instead of taking right off they ever so slowly move forward, I once again lost my patience. :sigh:

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Great post pinetree!

I was out yesterday driving around town and it had snowed the night before. Two days before Christmas everybody who had a car or truck had to be out too and with the fresh fallen snow traffic was moving slow. On top of that there were drivers doing some pretty stupid things and my patience wore thin and I finally snapped. I was cussin and swearin away, I was at my boiling point. The sad thing about it was, I soon repented and told God I would calm down and start only thinking of good things, and I did, until the car in front of me just sat there after the light turned green. I blew the horn and instead of taking right off they ever so slowly move forward, I once again lost my patience. :sigh:

In the old days when a farmer wanted to train a young plow mule he would yoke him up with a full grown plow mule and the younger would walk along side the older one. The older mule bore the weight while the younger mule just walked beside him.

The young mule might think he was pulling the weight, but it was really the full grown mule beside him.

Matthew 11:28-30

28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Try not to press up against the yoke brother...let Jesus do the lifting! ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NaLuvena

Nov 18, 2008
Apia, Samoa
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great post pinetree!

Wow...neph, remind me never to be tardy in front of you ;)

I used to be like this too, and it got to the stage, one day a couple of years back, when I slapped my wife for being too slow to feed our daughter (who was just an infant then). As soon as I did it, I felt so ashamed of what I had done. I just went to the room, and cried and prayed. I asked my wife to forgive me, and she did (she's the calmer and the better of the two of us :D).

Then I told God that I wanted Him to take away the anger from me, to remove it completely from my life, and that I was willing to do anything He wanted me to do.

Let's just say that I've never slapped my wife since. ^_^

God can change us. He can heal us.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
In the old days when a farmer wanted to train a young plow mule he would yoke him up with a full grown plow mule and the younger would walk along side the older one. The older mule bore the weight while the younger mule just walked beside him.

The young mule might think he was pulling the weight, but it was really the full grown mule beside him.

Matthew 11:28-30

28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Try not to press up against the yoke brother...let Jesus do the lifting! ;)
LOL, maybe that's the moral of the story, I'm not sure, but it sounds wise none the less. :)

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I slap my wife on a regular basis...not very hard though...because she slaps back. ;):ouch:
LOL!!! Reminds me of a comedian who played an old man who said about his wife; I take a few swings at her but she always manages to duck out of the way!
You had to be there I guess...

I'm a city boy, my wife was raised on a farm, Wisconsin dairy farm that is, she is not a city girl. Lets just say we both have an understanding of who can hurt the other the most. LOL!!! :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.