Jer 18:2-6
May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
By these verses, i presume angels eat and corn is grown in heaven?

Psa 78:23 Though he had commanded the clouds from above, and opened the doors of heaven,

Psa 78:24 And had rained down manna upon them to eat, and had given them of the corn of heaven.

Psa 78:25 Man did eat angels' food: he sent them meat to the full.

Blessed2003

Duck, duck, duck, GOOSE..
Jan 20, 2004
✟1,452.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like a safe assumption to me. I recall some of the NT scriptures of after Jesus had risen when He was eating, and it intrigues me because of the fact that He still had his wounds and was obviously raised with the same body (with the Spirit Power), I guess that's the right way to say it, I'm not sure, but anyway, He was eating, so that's cool.. Obviously He went to Heaven later and if He ate while on earth, then surely He eats in Heaven.
Anway, that's about all I have...

Blessings,
B

Upvote 0

Iollain

May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah that is cool, and here at Lot's house the angels ate bread:

Gen 19:3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

That is weird that angels can eat our earthly food, i just can't imagine it.

Upvote 0

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Iollain said:
Yeah that is cool, and here at Lot's house the angels ate bread:

Gen 19:3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

That is weird that angels can eat our earthly food, i just can't imagine it.

Just before that Abraham had Sarah cook meal cakes and he killed a goat for meat to give to the three angelic strangers on their way to Sodom,

yours in Christ
deu 58

Upvote 0

Iollain

May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I heard somewhere that it tasted like honey wafers but this says it tasted like oil

Num 11:7 And the manna [was] as coriander seed, and the colour thereof as the colour of bdellium.

Num 11:8 [And] the people went about, and gathered [it], and ground [it] in mills, or beat [it] in a mortar, and baked [it] in pans, and made cakes of it: and the taste of it was as the taste of fresh oil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Iollian

Iollain said:
They must grow manna in heaven for angels to eat i take it.

I doubt it, The food of Angels is most likely just a poetic reference to the heavenly origin, Jesus also took a vow that he would not drink any wine again until he drank it with his apostles in heaven,

Lu 22:18 For I say unto you , I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

So it is apparent that there will eating and drinking in the kingdom. But probably for pleasure rather than survival,

God provided all the food of Adam and Eve until the fall, There was no tilling of the soil etc, The Garden provided everything,
Considering there will be no death in the New Heavens and New Earth we will again be Vegetarian as Adam and Eve were after the fall,

As to the manna tasting like honey,

Ex 16:31 And the house of Israel called the name thereof Manna: and it was like coriander seed, white; and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey.

yours in Christ
deu 58

Upvote 0

Iollain

May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think the kingdom of God coming is when Jesus comes back after the resurrection of the saints, that is when He will drink that last cup that He didn't drink at the last supper, the cup of consumation at the marriage supper of the Lamb:

http://www.haydid.org/pot6.htm

What God is saying through this act is simply this, "If I (God) break the covenant, may the same thing that was done to these animals be done to me." Then by going back a second time, God is saying, "If you break the covenant, may the same thing be done to me as was done to these animals." Some 2500 years later, God made good on His covenant when His only son, Yeshua, died on a tree, and was pierced through, spilling blood and water. God knew that Abram could not keep the covenant and that Abrams seed could not keep the covenant. When the covenant was broken by Abram and his seed, God still maintained the covenant and paid the ultimate price to uphold it. This is a pure act of grace!

The Passover lamb was a reminder of the covenant God made with Abram, as well as a type and shadow of the Lamb of God, who was to come. During the Passover meal there are 4 cups of red wine which are present in the meal. The names for these four cups are found in Exodus 6:6-7. 1. I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. 2. I will rid (or deliver) you out of their bondage. 3. I will redeem you with stretched out arm. 4. I will take you to be my people and I will be your God. Or: 1. Cup of freedom. 2. Cup of deliverance. 3. Cup of redemption. 4. Cup of consummation.

The cup of wine, which the <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=29&k=bride%20and%20groom" ***********="window.status='bride and groom'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">bride and groom</a> drink upon their betrothal, is the cup of redemption. This is the cup that is shared when the bride price is paid and the betrothal has been sealed. This third cup of the Passover is the same cup that Jesus/Yeshua drank with His disciples when He instituted the Lord’s Supper. When reading the accounts, you will notice that the 4th cup was not drunk. In fact, when you read Matthew 26:29, Jesus says that He will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when He drinks it with us in His Father’s kingdom. Why? The 3rd cup was the cup of betrothal. What Jesus/Yeshua was saying is that He has entered into a betrothal with His bride. The marriage will not be consummated until we are gathered into the kingdom.

Let me put this another way. During a Jewish wedding the groom will take a cup of wine and drink half of it, then he offers it to his bride, and she drinks the other half. This signifies that he desires to marry her, and her drinking of it signifies the same thing and that she has accepted him as her husband. Jesus/Yeshua has drunk the first half of the cup of betrothal and has offered it to us. When we take communion, we are taking the second half of the cup and are signifying that we have accepted Him as our Husband, our Redeemer. We will drink the 4th cup of wine, the cup of consummation, when we are with Jesus in His Father’s kingdom. This also signifies God’s covenant with Abram. The red wine is spoken of as the blood of Jesus/Yeshua in Matthew 26:28. Jesus affirmed the covenant made with Abram. He paid for our sins, our breaking of the covenant, by His own death and the shedding of His own blood. He fulfilled the requirements of the covenant for us. Remember that Abram was asleep, and God passed between the pieces two times, Himself.

This understanding allows us to see why another event happened. Jesus is not going to drink the 4th cup, the Cup of Consummation, until He drinks it with His Bride. While hanging on the cross, Matthew 27:34, He was given vinegar mingled with gall, and when He tasted it, He would not drink. It was a common practice for some of the pious Jewish women to provide a drink for the condemned. It was wine vinegar that had gall (myrrh) mixed with it. When drunk, it produced a narcotic effect and helped to ease the pain and suffering of the dying. It was an act of kindness or charity on the part of these Jewish women. Jesus had made a promise that He would not drink of the fruit of the vine until He did it with His Bride in Heaven. Therefore, He suffered the utmost during His crucifixion, without the aid of the numbing effect of the drink. Again, He upheld His covenant made with us.
---------------

I wonder what Adam and Eve did all day with no work to do.

Upvote 0

Iollain

May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
deu58 said:
Interesting points about the wine and the Jewish wedding ceremonies,

As to Adam and Eve, They had direct fellowship with God so I doubt they were bored!:)

Well this is true:) And they had all creation in it's glory before the fall, this would probably appeal more to us ladies i imagine, the beauty of it all ;)

Upvote 0

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Iollain said:
And they had all creation in it's glory before the fall, this would probably appeal more to us ladies i imagine, the beauty of it all ;)

Ahhh I see, Us knuckle draggers have no appreciation for nature eh^_^

Actually I love nature, I am really looking forward to seeing what God is going to do in the New Heavens and the New Earth,

It appears that the pre flood earth was much more beautiful than the present day earth, Have you been studying with messianics???

Like you avatar to,

yours in Christ
deu 58

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Iollain

May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
deu58 said:

Actually I love nature, I am really looking forward to seeing what God is going to do in the New Heavens and the New Earth,

It appears that the pre flood earth was much more beautiful than the present day earth, Have you been studying with messianics???

Like you avatar to,

yours in Christ
deu 58

I think i am a Messianic just waiting for a place to happen some days to tell ya the truth. I think when man fell the earth fell with us, not exactly what God had before. Yes i know men love nature just as much as women,i was just teasing ya :angel:

Upvote 0

Iollain

May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Some Fridays i feel like getting out the Shabbot candles and turning off the main power switch to the house for 25 hours but my husband is a babe in Christ and could not due without the tv for that long so i'm a Baptist with a bit of a Messianic flair and a huge touch of Pentecostal:D

Upvote 0

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Iollian

Iollain said:
Some Fridays i feel like getting out the Shabbot candles and turning off the main power switch to the house for 25 hours but my husband is a babe in Christ and could not due without the tv for that long so i'm a Baptist with a bit of a Messianic flair and a huge touch of Pentecostal:D

That is quite a mix!!! Maybe you could do like my wife, She has a prayer room for spending her Sabbaths in study, meditation and prayer,

She has it all set up with her books, music etc

yours in Christ
deu 58

Upvote 0

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
deu58 said:

LOL! Though I wouldn't disagree that women definitely have a finer eye for beauty in the world, some of us 'knuckle draggers' can see it too ;)

I remember the first time I ever got contact lenses (couldn't wear glasses because they messed up my depth perception) and I just couldn't believe exactly how beautiful something as simple as a tree can be once I could finally see it properly in detail.

My work has me driving quite a bit and every day I find a new view (even in my own town) that displays the beauty and wonder of the world that God has created for us.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.