88Devin07

Orthodox Catholic Church
Feb 2, 2005
✟17,447.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ancient Faith Radio's first live-call in program, Ancient Faith Today. This last Sunday was about the Eastern Orthodox Approach to the Bible. It's with Dr. Jeannie Constantinou who hosts the Podcast "Search the Scriptures" on AFR, and hosted the podcast "Beyond the Veil" on OCN.

Dr. Jeannie's bio from her AFR podcast:
Eugenia Constantinou holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Religious Studies (1980) and a Master of Arts degree in Practical Theology from the University of San Diego (1992). She received a Master of Theology degree from Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology in 1996 where she specialized in Orthodox Theology and Patristics. She also received a Master of Theology from Harvard Divinity School in 1998 where she specialized in the New Testament. She had also previously earned a Juris Doctorate degree from Pepperdine University School of Law in 1985 and has been a member of the California Bar since that same year. Dr. Constantinou received her Ph.D. at Université Laval, Quebec City, Canada, in 2007, writing her doctoral dissertation on “Andrew of Caesarea and the Apocalypse in the Ancient Church of the East.”
Dr. Constantinou has been teaching Biblical Studies and Early Christianity at the University of San Diego since 2002. Previously she taught New Testament at Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology from 1998-1999. She has led bible studies, taught and lectured on the Bible and Orthodoxy at parishes, conferences, retreats and seminars for over thirty years. She is married to Fr. Costa, who is a Greek Orthodox priest, and is simply “Mom” to son Christopher.
Search the Scriptures - Ancient Faith Radio

The Eastern Orthodox Approach To The Bible - Ancient Faith Today - Ancient Faith Radio

Direct link to the .mp3:
http://audio.ancientfaith.com/aftoday/aft_2013-02-24.mp3[/SIZE]

Her two podcasts on Ancient Faith Radio and the Orthodox Christian Network...

Search the Scriptures on AFR: Search the Scriptures - Ancient Faith Radio
Beyond the Veil on OCN: Beyond the Veil

Last edited:

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My dad and I listened to this together Sunday night when it was streaming, Dr. Constantinou was excellent. I thought her brief description about the Septuagint and the Masoretic in the beginning was quite interesting, as well just about everything else in the podcast. I should really re-listen though to brush up on some of the content. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

decent orange

Oct 23, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
✟7,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i can listen to her talk for hours and not fall asleep, she is fascinating. There is another man on there with the same mind blowing communication skills but I forgot his name, he has a deep voice and pronounces his words carefully. I like AFR, it helps to not have to listen to Rihanna, Taylor Swift, and Juistin Beiber on a continuous 5-6 song loop for 10 hrs at work. i can just put in my headphones on my phone and either listen to talk or songs!

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
i can listen to her talk for hours and not fall asleep, she is fascinating. There is another man on there with the same mind blowing communication skills but I forgot his name, he has a deep voice and pronounces his words carefully. I like AFR, it helps to not have to listen to Rihanna, Taylor Swift, and Juistin Beiber on a continuous 5-6 song loop for 10 hrs at work. i can just put in my headphones on my phone and either listen to talk or songs!

Are you thinking of Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick? Cause that's how I feel about him - I could listen to him for hours.

Upvote 0

decent orange

Oct 23, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
✟7,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you thinking of Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick? Cause that's how I feel about him - I could listen to him for hours.

I just logged on and listened to a few of them in order to remember his name. It is Fr. Abbot Tryphon. Although, I listened to Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick and I like his homilies very much as well.

Everyone on there is pleasant to listen to. I wish I could talk without forgetting what I was talking about, or without not being able to find the right words, but these guys express in words what I think about without words in my head for me.

I hope AFR sticks around, it's the only reason I still have a smart phone LOL

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I just logged on and listened to a few of them in order to remember his name. It is Fr. Abbot Tryphon. Although, I listened to Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick and I like his homilies very much as well.

Everyone on there is pleasant to listen to. I wish I could talk without forgetting what I was talking about, or without not being able to find the right words, but these guys express in words what I think about without words in my head for me.

oh AFR will stick around methinks. I love Abbot Tryphon and Fr Thomas Hopko meself. Fr Irenei Steenberg is awesome too.

great to see you on here dude!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
For me its Fr Thomas Hopko (and Dr Jeannie).

Yes, I enjoy Fr. Hopko too. In fact, I'm listening to Speaking the Truth in Love right now, the episode about the Prodigal Son. Great stuff :thumbsup:.

I agree, I've streamed both the music and the talk stations for hours on end and from start to finish I enjoyed all of it. I've been considering supporting AFR, but I know they encourage people to support their local parish first if needed, and I think my parish could use the support from the looks of things...

oh AFR will stick around methinks. I love Abbot Tryphon and Fr Thomas Hopko meself. Fr Irenei Steenberg is awesome too.

great to see you on here dude!

Do you know if there's any actual AM or FM stations anywhere that broadcast AFR? I think they might broadcast wherever it is that they're headquartered, but that's it. I was thinking it'd be kind of a cool way to get AFR and Orthodoxy out there a bit more if it were possible retransmit it over the air.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Do you know if there's any actual AM or FM stations anywhere that broadcast AFR? I think they might broadcast wherever it is that they're headquartered, but that's it. I was thinking it'd be kind of a cool way to get AFR and Orthodoxy out there a bit more if it were possible retransmit it over the air.

no, I have only heard Orthodox stuff online.

Upvote 0