An installation liturgy like none you've ever seen...

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,567,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Details are emerging of what to expect at tomorrow’s papal installation. I don’t have a link, yet, but here is what I’m seeing on Twitter, via Commonweal’s Grant Gallicho. First, rather than readings specific to a papal installation, the readings for the Solemnity of St. Joseph will be used. Second...

An installation liturgy like none you've ever seen...

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,285,484.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Michie - try looking here

http://www.christianforums.com/t7731968/

You can see what the Vatican has released - I posted it earlier today - straight from the horse's mouth so-to-speak.

The whole service is there all 114 pages of it

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,567,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Papal Inauguration: The Humility of St. Joseph and the Humility of Pope Francis

The Lord is looking for men like Joseph who will work in the workshop of the world that He created in order to recreate it anew in His ...

Read More

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,073,197.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Nice essay, but we really don't know what Joseph was like.

Just as we have differing perspectives on Mary and other Biblical figures about which there is little information, we may have differing perspectives on Joseph.

I often feel as if the image of Mary is culturally manipulated in order to pressure women to adopt behaviors the Church deems socially desirable.

And while I am perfectly willing to look at the historical evidence of Mary or Joseph's life and draw my own conclusion, I don't want to base my perspective on spin doctors with agendas.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟925,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nice essay, but we really don't know what Joseph was like.

Just as we have differing perspectives on Mary and other Biblical figures about which there is little information, we may have differing perspectives on Joseph.

I often feel as if the image of Mary is culturally manipulated in order to pressure women to adopt behaviors the Church deems socially desirable.

And while I am perfectly willing to look at the historical evidence of Mary or Joseph's life and draw my own conclusion, I don't want to base my perspective on spin doctors with agendas.
Of course.:doh:

Upvote 0