Not open for further replies.

StormanNorman

Mar 5, 2013
✟15,795.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
then I can say the same thing for miracles. And we both understand the Big Bang to be a miracle as well.

By definition, miracles are supernatural ...so, yes. And, please do me a favor, don't speak for me. Science has made great progress understanding the origins of the universe in recent years. It doesn't necessarily need (except for some of us) to be a miracle.

Upvote 0
R

RedRover

In 200 years we have gathered more knowledge about the world around us using this assumption than all of the supernaturalists produced in the preceding 10,000 years.
Then you should worship the farm tractor because you simply have a lot more people alive today to go out and gather whatever it is you claim they are gathering. The method of their madness really has nothing to do with it.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Upvote 0
R

RedRover

By definition, miracles are supernatural
All the miracles I have seen has to do with something that is broken or not working and needing fixed. The real problem is to show that there was ever a problem in the first place. People tend to live in the moment not the past. It may have been broken but now everything is working fine and it is difficult to show that there ever was a problem in the first place.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
All the miracles I have seen has to do with something that is broken or not working and needing fixed. The real problem is to show that there was ever a problem in the first place. People tend to live in the moment not the past. It may have been broken but now everything is working fine and it is difficult to show that there ever was a problem in the first place.

Meh, Hume's Maxim and all.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
then I can say the same thing for miracles. And we both understand the Big Bang to be a miracle as well.

You should speak for yourself in regards to what is a miracle and what is not.

The cause for the expansion hasn't been determined yet, just as we didn't know much of what we know now (from a scientific explanation standpoint) 100 years ago. The gaps of unknown knowledge where God has been inserted in the past have closed and they will continue to close further in the future.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Projection is when you claim someone else shares your views, which is clearly what you did in this case.

I didn't do that. I said the big bang was an explosion, then you correcting me saying it was not an explosion. What was it then?

answer me this?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

What miracles have you seen?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The gaps of unknown knowledge where God has been inserted in the past have closed and they will continue to close further in the future.

in order for their to be gaps, there must be one point explained and another not (in the gap). This is the very first point in your evolutionary future, that you cannot explain.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All the miracles I have seen has to do with something that is broken or not working and needing fixed.

well something can't explode by itself (big bang). I would say it's not operating correctly. A miracle must have happened.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
in order for their to be gaps, there must be one point explained and another not (in the gap). This is the very first point in your evolutionary future, that you cannot explain.

So what? This happens to be a difficult issue for science to workout, for obvious reasons. Give it time and explanations will come, based on science. You may not like them, but they will figure it out eventually.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
well something can't explode by itself (big bang). I would say it's not operating correctly. A miracle must have happened.

So, should scientists stop doing work to come up with an answer to this question and just say; it was a miracle and we can't explain it?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, should scientists stop doing work to come up with an answer to this question and just say; it was a miracle and we can't explain it?

sure keep working on it, but it's a miracle.

you may not accept that, but your view has miracles too.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So what? This happens to be a difficult issue for science to workout, for obvious reasons. Give it time and explanations will come, based on science. You may not like them, but they will figure it out eventually.

you can sure try to explain how something came into existance, from nothing. You can sure try.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.