Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
A omnipresent, omnipotent God whose creation is always said to be a world with mistakes. Yet, Christians know God knows the beginning and the end, that God has purpose for everything. I would like to hear how someone (atheist, or anyone), how they would do it differently; and let both science and theology pick apart at the suggestions based on facts today.

Example:

Joe the atheist: I would make the earth without grass; grass was a bad idea.

Joanne the atheist or creationist: What would the cows eat?

Joe the atheist: people

Berry: People?; so the people that remain don't have the strength to slaughter these beasts?

And so on...............

I will start with:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. (John 1:1-3 KJV)

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would like to hear how someone (atheist, or anyone), how they would do it differently; and let both science and theology pick apart at the suggestions based on facts today.

Left up to Mother Nature, the odds of life occurring on its own in the universe is 10[sup]40,000[/sup].

Given that 10[sup]50[/sup] is sufficient to say that something cannot happen: evolution is mathematically impossible.

SOURCE

Upvote 0

toolmanjantzi

Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 1, 2013
Sundridge, Ontario
✟49,722.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
AV1611VET said:
Left up to Mother Nature, the odds of life occurring on its own in the universe is 10[sup]40,000[/sup].

Given that 10[sup]50[/sup] is sufficient to say that something cannot happen: evolution is mathematically impossible.

SOURCE

I've tried that before, they still want evidence. They have the opportunity to put their theory to practice.

Upvote 0

EnemyOfReason

May 22, 2013
✟9,335.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
A omnipresent, omnipotent God whose creation is always said to be a world with mistakes. Yet, Christians know God knows the beginning and the end, that God has purpose for everything. I would like to hear how someone (atheist, or anyone), how they would do it differently; and let both science and theology pick apart at the suggestions based on facts today.

A god who knows beginning and end and is all loving yet lets miseries such as allowing a snake in a garden speak to his gullible creation and letting them burn in hell knowing their fate.
This does not sound like a god I would worship yet alone declare perfect at all.

And what exactly do you expect us to do differently in regards to causation?

Upvote 0

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

SOURCE

Aha! Now I know how to put 10[sup]50[/sup] into a sentence.

I tried the mathematical approach as well. I think someone stated that math does not fit in with evolution or something along those lines. Or they will say that the start of life is not part of evolution theory.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

SOURCE

Claims must be backed up by real evidence.

If you don't want to be laughed at I would suggest that you avoid creationist sties that are well know for their lying.

Reactions: EnemyOfReason
Upvote 0

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
A god who knows beginning and end and is all loving yet lets miseries such as allowing a snake in a garden speak to his gullible creation and letting them burn in hell knowing their fate.
This does not sound like a god I would worship yet alone declare perfect at all.

That is called free will. Would you prefer to have all your actions controlled like a puppet? What kind of life would that be?

I am making a list...

Answer #1: "I would control all of my creations actions like a puppet master. They would have no free will."

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Aha! Now I know how to put 10[sup]50[/sup] into a sentence.

I tried the mathematical approach as well. I think someone stated that math does not fit in with evolution or something along those lines. Or they will say that the start of life is not part of evolution theory.

Or maybe they pointed out that no creationist has ever come up with a valid odds argument. They always make a fatal flaw that makes the use of math unnecessary to debunk their claims.

Upvote 0

toolmanjantzi

Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 1, 2013
Sundridge, Ontario
✟49,722.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
TheImmaculateSlaveOfGod said:

Thanks for starting the thread. So your world would have a snake in a garden and a gullible creation.................

That doesn't sound better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EnemyOfReason

May 22, 2013
✟9,335.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Answer #1: "I would control all of my creations actions like a puppet master. They would have no free will."

Any being who is omniscient and omnipotent will always create something in accordance to its will so truthfully if you add this attributes we are automatically bound to it as puppets fulfilling its desires.

Why on earth do you think I chose "TheImmaculateSlaveOfGod" as a username? I am just acknowledging a fact that as humans we are born into graceful(yet tragic depending on your view) slavery. We are the products of the will of our creator. There is no shame in this. I have no objection knowing my creator and master is the grandest and most powerful entity in existence.

Upvote 0

toolmanjantzi

Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 1, 2013
Sundridge, Ontario
✟49,722.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Subduction Zone said:
Claims must be backed up by real evidence.

If you don't want to be laughed at I would suggest that you avoid creationist sties that are well know for their lying.

So would you world have believers? And if so what would they believe or be called?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've tried that before, they still want evidence.

That's what they're trained to ask for.

They probably paid good money to get where they are today, and the Bible says ...

Luke 12:34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

For those who don't have a higher education, but believe what the "educated" say, I applaud their faith, but they are wrong.

Upvote 0

toolmanjantzi

Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 1, 2013
Sundridge, Ontario
✟49,722.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
EternalDragon said:
That is called free will. Would you prefer to have all your actions controlled like a puppet? What kind of life would that be?

I am making a list...

What would they do?

Upvote 0

GenetoJean

Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Delaware
Visit site
✟18,940.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

SOURCE

I dont look at evolution for the origin of life, just as a way the God decided to let life change after He created it.

I firmly do not believe in the non-religious Big Bang, nor in the "spontaneous cumbustion" origin of life explanation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EnemyOfReason

May 22, 2013
✟9,335.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks for starting the thread. So your world would have a snake in a garden and a gullible creation.................

That doesn't sound better.

?? I am referring to your comments about Yahweh being omniscient. My world would not have any such mythology involving serpents and naive children.

My world is grounded in the world we have now and no such thing as vocal serpents exist or ever have.

Upvote 0

toolmanjantzi

Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 1, 2013
Sundridge, Ontario
✟49,722.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Subduction Zone said:
Or maybe they pointed out that no creationist has ever come up with a valid odds argument. They always make a fatal flaw that makes the use of math unnecessary to debunk their claims.

So your world would not have math? What about laws that are tied to physics?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And if they weren't "gullible"? same thing?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.