ivebeenshown

Expert invisible poster and thread killer
Apr 27, 2010
✟17,740.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My view: is based on 2 Peter 3, that the 'thousand years' is actually the day of the Lord. It's his wrath and destruction. In a snap moment before it the righteous (dead and surviving) are taken, then the final wrath is poured, then those unrighteous dead are resurrected and judged, and given to the lake of fire. There is a new heaven and earth after that, which the body of Christ inhabits for ever and ever in new, incorruptible bodies.

8But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.​

And then Hosea 6, and Job 5 let us know it's very close:

Hosea 6:
1Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
The day of the Lord has not yet come.

Job 5:
18For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole.
19He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee.​

Some powerful parallels going on here. It's been 2000 years almost since Jesus. With very rough estimates of Creation having been around 4000BC, we can tell that we just aren't quite there, but we're close -- even the stars in the sky which were created as signs (Genesis 1) let us know we are close to the end of the age. We just can't put a date on it. But we're close to being delivered after the 'six troubles'.

May God guide all of us, :pray:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Recently I've been reading more and more about Eschatology and the End Times. For me Amillienialism seems to make the most sense but as you guys spend a lot of time discussing Eschatological matters I was wondering what you guys thought of it?

God established the week. Six days to work and then a day of rest.
God established 120 Jubilees for fallen flesh in Genesis 3. 120 x 50 = 6000
Revelation spells out a few facts, specifically that:
1. The devil is bound for 1000 years
2. Last resurrection on record is at the end of 1000 years
3. Christ (and the church) reigns for 1000 years

There is a millenium where all those things will occur. It's about to begin.

Upvote 0

jeffweeder

Veteran
Jan 18, 2006
ADELAIDE
✟16,925.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Recently I've been reading more and more about Eschatology and the End Times. For me Amillienialism seems to make the most sense but as you guys spend a lot of time discussing Eschatological matters I was wondering what you guys thought of it?

:wave: it makes the most sense to me too.
Peter in 2pet3 appears to be amill, as he looks for the new heaven and new earth ( the place of righteousness ) to appear at the second coming.

Upvote 0

ivebeenshown

Expert invisible poster and thread killer
Apr 27, 2010
✟17,740.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
3. Christ reigns for 1000 years

I had not noticed the Jubilees before. I just did some researching to verify that and must say thank you!

It is about to begin indeed. God bless you, sister.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had not noticed the Jubilees before. I just did some researching to verify that and must say thank you!

It is about to begin indeed. God bless you, sister.

Everything is a pattern...no coincidences!

:hug:

If there's something you don't understand, there's a pattern in Scripture that will guide you. Hmmm....something else just occurred to me...oh my! Joshua/Jericho and the seven trumpets is a pattern! Hmmm...gotta talk to the Lord....

Upvote 0

Zadok7000

Awake and Sober
Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
✟11,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I was taught it as truth in my church growing up, but I rejected it as false years ago.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
3. Christ (and the church) reigns for 1000 years

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How many different methods are there?

Surely, you are old enough to understand that people look at things through a filter in their mind.

The main stream media is a perfect, real world example. They are heavily liberal and godless in their understanding of events. So, it comes out in their reporting.

Christians have Christ and see things through the filter of God's word.

Even so, people have been taught by men about what God says. So, they have a filter established in their minds. When they read the Scriptures, they sift what God says through the man-made filter in their mind and things come out twisted.

People need to throw out that filter of denominational teachings and commentaries of men and trust in God and His Holy Spirit to teach us, just as God expects.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Surely, you are old enough to understand that people look at things through a filter in their mind.

The main stream media is a perfect, real world example. They are heavily liberal and godless in their understanding of events. So, it comes out in their reporting.

Christians have Christ and see things through the filter of God's word.

Even so, people have been taught by men about what God says. So, they have a filter established in their minds. When they read the Scriptures, they sift what God says through the man-made filter in their mind and things come out twisted.

People need to throw out that filter of denominational teachings and commentaries of men and trust in God and His Holy Spirit to teach us, just as God expects.
We could use you on the General Theology board Jen :)

Kindgdom Bible Studies Lambs Book of Life Part 1

*SNIP*

..........According to the Emphatic Diaglott the correct rendering of the latter part of this passage is: "The Book of the Life of the Lamb." Now, what is meant by this term – THE BOOK OF THE LIFE OF THE LAMB? The wise man said, "...of the making of many books there is no end..." (Eccl. 12:12).

The book stores are filled to overflowing today with all types of books dealing with every aspect of earthly life. Even in the church world there are books setting forth every kind of viewpoint relating to God, the Bible, doctrine, Christian experience, and church order. However the subject material of most of these books largely contains a message of religious tradition and spiritual death.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We could use you on the General Theology board Jen :)

Kindgdom Bible Studies Lambs Book of Life Part 1

*SNIP*

..........According to the Emphatic Diaglott the correct rendering of the latter part of this passage is: "The Book of the Life of the Lamb." Now, what is meant by this term – THE BOOK OF THE LIFE OF THE LAMB? The wise man said, "...of the making of many books there is no end..." (Eccl. 12:12).

The book stores are filled to overflowing today with all types of books dealing with every aspect of earthly life. Even in the church world there are books setting forth every kind of viewpoint relating to God, the Bible, doctrine, Christian experience, and church order. However the subject material of most of these books largely contains a message of religious tradition and spiritual death.

Well, exactly...religious tradition, teachings of men...are taken as Truth instead of Scripture. We all must trust what God said under the instruction of the Holy Spirit individually.

Upvote 0