United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That link you keep spamming belongs in the Conspiracy Forum
No it does not. It is no conspiracy it is a legit FBI whistleblower, telling the truth about how the FBI operates. He is not the only one. At least 14 have come forward so far. Maybe you should do some actual research before claiming conspiracy.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No it does not. It is no conspiracy it is a legit FBI whistleblower, telling the truth about how the FBI operates. He is not the only one. At least 14 have come forward so far. Maybe you should do some actual research before claiming conspiracy.
I did.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,743.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Postvieww, we understand that there are people in our country who are not interested in the hearings because they distrust Congress and government agencies in general. In most cases, their minds are already made up.

On the other hand, there are some people who sincerely want to know what the investigation shows, and there are many others who are very concerned about the dissident, anti-democracy groups and the politicians who support them who expect our legislators, our Department of Justice, and the FBI to protect us from domestic terrorism and potential raids or attempted overthrows of our government.

If you choose not to watch the hearings, that is your perogative, but do not assume most Americans share your views. We don't.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Postvieww, we understand that there are people in our country who are not interested in the hearings because they distrust Congress and government agencies in general. In most cases, their minds are already made up.

I did not come to the conclusions I have in a vacuum without facts. If you think the Jan. 6 hearings are conducted fairly and properly there is a lot of information you are just not aware of.

On the other hand, there are some people who sincerely want to know what the investigation shows, and there are many others who are very concerned about the dissident, anti-democracy groups and the politicians who support them who expect our legislators, our Department of Justice, and the FBI to protect us from domestic terrorism and potential raids or attempted overthrows of our government.

If this were a legitimate investigation I would agree 100% with your stated goals. I don't know if you have listened to the interviews with the whistleblower from the FBI or not. If you have not there is much you do not know about how this has been handled. There was no planned insurrection designed to over throw the government instigated by Trump. That is a narrative promoted by a dishonest power hungry few politicians. I believe eventually the real truth will come out and it will show this whole thing was nothing like being portrayed in these sham hearings.

If you choose not to watch the hearings, that is your perogative, but do not assume most Americans share your views. We don't.

I have probably listened more of the hearings than you have of the reports of rights violations, mistreatment of those arrested, people who's lives were ruined by simply being in Washington that day, false accusations all designed to create a narrative that is false.

There is one goal and one goal only for these hearings, that is to try and prevent Trump from running in 2024.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
American People Don't Care About January 6th Hearings

I know this article speaks true to me. We all have more important things to worry about.
Personally, I see this as a farce. There was no insurrection. In order to be an insurrection, there had to be a remote possibility of success. There was no possible way this pitiful excuse for a riot should be elevated to an "insurrection."
Think of 100 boy scouts charging up to the Washington Monument with toothpicks. They in all their fury and might begin to smash away at the monument with the stated intention of chopping it down. Is there any possibility that they will even scratch the monument? None whatsoever. Yet the capital police charge in with full riot gear and drag them away and charge them with terrorism. Absurd.
This is what happened at the capitol on Jan 6. It is a joke, and I hope all those wrongfully imprisoned will be pardoned ASAP.
This is why nobody is watching. Nobody with a brain takes it seriously except the leftists who want to create crisis and panic continually. It is just another "Russian Collusion" farce. I suspect it will all be gone shortly after the next election.
Good riddance.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,743.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree there was no chance of success, but that doesn't mean every single participant isn't a criminal.
"Attempted" murder, assault, burglary, arson--all are crimes.
Attempting insurrection is a very serious crime, although they thankfully failed.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, you're saying, we should stop prosecuting criminals. Because there are other thing going on in the world. The January 6th Hearings is a very small part, of what the government is doing.
Since when what the hearings supposed to prosecute people? I was told this entire time that the intention was to find answers.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,743.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And if the answers lead to criminal prosecution, then it must be undertaken--no exceptions. It needs to be done not only so justice is served, but so that people will realize the seriousness of these actions and it will serve as a strong deterrent so that it will never happen again.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Since when what the hearings supposed to prosecute people? I was told this entire time that the intention was to find answers.
That's what you do, when people, that appear to be doing something wrong. You investigate, if wrongdoing is found. Yes, people can be punished. In some cases, people are punished. Some people aren't punished. We have a president, that lied over the election for months. Then he told his people to fight like hell, if you want to have a country. His people did what their president told them to do. Which caused at least one death. Then it took Trump forever to tell his soldiers to go home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It doesnt count.

But it sure does indicate something when the voters prefer someone else.
Can you not think of a good reason fore the system we have? Mob rule does not always end well.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Can you not think of a good reason fore the system we have? Mob rule does not always end well.
If voting for your leaders is "mob rule", then we already have that.

Citizen/voter ballot initiatives. Now thats direct democracy mob rule. Do you support those?

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If voting for your leaders is "mob rule", then we already have that.

Citizen/voter ballot initiatives. Now thats direct democracy mob rule. Do you support those?
What I support is all legally eligible voters being allowed to vote once in each election. I support voter ID and in no way think that it is racists or a hindrance to vote, that claim is hogwash. I support in person voting except in cases of disabilities, and laziness is not a disability that qualifies. Voting is a privilege as well as a right but bulk mailings of ballots is insane.I would prefer paper ballots for obvious reasons.There has been confirmed and prosecuted cheating on both sides and anyone who denies that it happens is not very well informed.

I believe the electoral college system was created to give equal voice to less populated states. For example the voter desires of NY can not easily be forced on the people of SC. It is just an equalizer so 2 or 3 population concentrated centers cannot rule the entire country.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
...I believe the electoral college system was created to give equal voice to less populated states. For example the voter desires of NY can not easily be forced on the people of SC. It is just an equalizer so 2 or 3 population concentrated centers cannot rule the entire country.
"Population centers" dont vote. Individual people do.

What youre proposing is that various individuals should have their vote count more because they might not like how other individuals vote.

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0