American People Don’t Care About January 6th Hearings

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you will find neither with these hearings. Just a show in order to make Trump the central issue leading up to the elections. After the midterms, Republicans will take control of the House and end the hearings. Then abortion will be the issue leading up to 2024
Curious if there were any trials and/or convictions as a result of the hearings?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, did anyone get the goods on Trump after all the time wasted on Jan 6th? If so, what hasn't anything been done yet?
Check back this time next year. Probably for the same answer.

Reactions: Oompa Loompa
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lets keep this thread at the top of the list to show how much we dont care.
I guess nobody cares anymore. I wonder why? More important things I guess. Like migrants in Martha's Vinyard.

Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Check back this time next year. Probably for the same answer.
It is always fun going back to old posts and haunting liberals with how things haven't aged well.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,532.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
So, did anyone get the goods on Trump after all the time wasted on Jan 6th? If so, what hasn't anything been done yet?
Well, I know they’re still busy prosecuting the Trumpist traitors that stormed the Capital and tried to overthrow the government in the stupidest way possible…

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I assume that these hearings are a precursor to a real trial. Without this evidence being put forward, and coming from Republicans testifying under oath, the real trial won't be easily dismissed as revenge and witch hunting.
When is the real trial going to commence? With all that damning evidence and undeniable proof, surely something would have been done by now.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I know they’re still busy prosecuting the Trumpist traitors that stormed the Capital and tried to overthrow the government in the stupidest way possible…
Why waste time with the small fish when the entire focus was the ring leader? What are they waiting for?

• Agree
Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,532.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Why waste time with the small fish when the entire focus was the ring leader? What are they waiting for?
It’s harder to prove intent. I mean, any intelligent person knows that Trump meant for his minions to steal the election at any cost (to them and not him of course), but it’s hard to prove in court.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s harder to prove intent. I mean, any intelligent person knows that Trump meant for his minions to steal the election at any cost (to them and not him of course), but it’s hard to prove in court.
In other words, the Committee accomplished nothing but point out what "any intelligent person" already knew? Wow! That is some breathtaking news! Let's stop playing games. We all know that the hearings failed to accomplish it's intended goal which was to get Trump. Now, nobody cares about the hearings anymore. They are more concerned about documents in his home. Oh! I forgot! It has moved to inflating net wealth. I can't keep up anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Curious if there were any trials and/or convictions as a result of the hearings?

Since when did Congress have the power of the Judiciary? I'm not sure what charges you believe that a Congressional Special Committee could file?

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since when did Congress have the power of the Judiciary? I'm not sure what charges you believe that a Congressional Special Committee could file?
So what did the committee accomplish what was actually worthy of weeks of attention?

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟607,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The purpose of the hearings are to gather information and present what happened to the public for the purpose of fact finding. It is not a criminal trial. They may make referrals to the DOJ, and provide them with information they have uncovered, but to my knowledge that has not yet happened. Other than Steve Bannon who was held in contempt for refusing to appear, no one has been convicted of anything as a result of the hearings. Bannon's sentencing is scheduled for October 21st. If things go as expected, he will receive a minimum of 30 days in jail, but it can be up to one year. We'll see.

I posted in the other thread the next hearing is Wed Sept 28th. If you would like to know what has transpired you can watch the actual hearings.The Jan 6th Committee has a YouTube channel with all the hearings posted.

Jan 6th Official YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqSRsknSiyLARtzmop9dvhw

Official Jan 6th committee site:
Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol

Jan 6th Official Twitter:
https://twitter.com/January6thCmte

As far as the Trump supporters ANTIFA folk and crises actors who committed crimes on Jan 6th. when they stormed the capitol, several have been charged, convicted and sentenced. The longest sentence so far is 10 years.

Here is a list of the 900 people charged, of which about 400 have submitted guilty pleas.
At least 919 people have been charged in the Capitol insurrection so far. This searchable table shows them all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,704.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The House has no power to act but they are gathering tons of evidence for the DOJ.
It is less than 60.days before an election, but I expect a Thanksgiving surprise...
A surprise for you, maybe, but an inevitable outcome to many of us.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what did the committee accomplish what was actually worthy of weeks of attention?

From what I've seen, more than what the 7 different Congressional hearings on Benghazi over a few years by Republicans accomplished.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In other words, the Committee accomplished nothing but point out what "any intelligent person" already knew?
That is a false statement. Sure, we knew the general outline of what happened, but not the gritty details.

Wow! That is some breathtaking news! Let's stop playing games. We all know that the hearings failed to accomplish it's intended goal which was to get Trump. Now, nobody cares about the hearings anymore.
The Jan 6 hearings are ongoing. In fact, due to the multiple testimonies from Republican insiders, we know that Donald John was told in no uncertain terms that he lost the election, that there was no significant fraud and that he knew the Big Lie was a lie but perpetuated it anyway.

They are more concerned about documents in his home. Oh! I forgot! It has moved to inflating net wealth. I can't keep up anymore.
You know, it is possible to have multiple, independent investigations going on at the same time - obviously more than possible, it is what we actually have.

• Agree
Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The House has no power to act but they are gathering tons of evidence for the DOJ.
It is less than 60.days before an election, but I expect a Thanksgiving surprise...
A surprise for you, maybe, but an inevitable outcome to many of us.

With all the distractions that have been invented to keep attention on Trump, and off of biden, there's no such thing as a "surprise" anymore.

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0